BlackSix

Game version 1.006 discussion

S!

I remember the game without SSAO. Was brilliant. I disable every single post processing effect in games I play, UNLESS they really make a positive difference. So far very few have done that. They are just gimmicks making screenshots look nice, but have nothing to do with how I see things. Excessive bloom, unnatural colors, smeary vision and whatnot. Devs really surpassed themselves making BoS look crap in Ultra preset. Before the presets were plugged once again people had pics of game without clouds causing the pixelation etc. But no, plug it and force feed the presets. I really do not understand this crowd defending devs and their crap presets. Sure can have them, WITH Advanced settings provided as well. And one more point: Revert to default button, anyone?! FuriousMeow makes it look like people have no grasp what they adjust. I tell you one thing. Most games explain their settings and what they do. And I take the time to read it. Very simple actually. And more info easily in the internet, if unsure. Cheebus. BoS is updated but not played.

I can't agree more. I remember first day of early access , sitting in Lagg and wondering what is this oily smear all over my screen. I mean graphics were nice but instead of being razor sharp there was this awful dirty filter put on that would move with your head, making everything look worse. Then when I disabled SSAO in config file , everything looked much better , crisper and clearer. Why would devs take this option away? There is no advantage in MP , contacts are visible from great distances anyway. How can having more options hurt a game? Have presets for customers who don't care about getting best looks out of this game (because Ultra preset is certainly not that ) and bring back custom settings or config editing for customers who like to tweak their game to best suit their preference.

Why is this so hard to understand for the devs and other players? More choices mean more happy customers , not the other way around. Same with requests for wonder woman camera , as long as servers can block it I don't see a reason not to have it. I would use it only for recording but I do support other players who would like to play like that. Again , more choice , more happy customers.

So to sum it up , please reconsider devs , week after week you work on making this game better , triple monitor support is finally here , community tools are on the way , unlocks...well they are here to stay, but there is less and less areas that cause major problem for customers to enjoy what they paid for. Custom graphics otions is one of those things.

Still crashes when closing the game. Not a big deal but clearly something is not working well in the close game process.

Still a lot of issues.

The order "return to base" seems still not implemented. 

I finished the last uranus mission and after I landed I could just not escape and finish the mission. I tried everything but no way. 

I was reluctant to kill the task and loos all the points and have to redo the mission, but had to get out in a way or another. I hit the ctrl/alt/del and this restored the escape button function by miracle and so I could finish the mission.

I also still have issues with my flying wingmates. In the first bridge mission we were four Yaks and two of them got locked one on top of the other and started banging their fuselage, i thought they would explode and crash, but after repeated impacts they separated damaged and continued flying but wobbling terribly. There are still formation flying issues.

After seeing the presentation of the bridge camapign I thought we would have fleets of junkers three engine transport planes to shoot down. But the first intercept mission was just shooting down a lonely Stuka. Boring and simple.

I see no difference with Uranus campaign. I will stop here for the moment until things become more exciting in the future.

As an aside, I still am enjoying CTD's once every few missions.  Just bringing it to the attention of the devs.  [i7 @3.4 (stock), dual 680's, triple monitor (yes!), 8 gigs ram, onboard sound...]

I habe guven up on the campaign completely tbh. No adjustable realism settings and ai level are bugging me so is the mission generation process.

Still hoping for MP revisions and ayer number increase. If we really have to wait till Jamuary I'm more than hoping it to be worth it. Can't imagine to wait another 3 months only get get the 60 player limit back.

I habe guven up on the campaign completely tbh. No adjustable realism settings and ai level are bugging me so is the mission generation process.

Still hoping for MP revisions and ayer number increase. If we really have to wait till Jamuary I'm more than hoping it to be worth it. Can't imagine to wait another 3 months only get get the 60 player limit back.

we only have one programmer.

Don't know why, but as soon as I've read this, I have visulized the man and my first thought was "poor, poor guy!"

:biggrin:

Don't know why, but as soon as I've read this, I have visulized the man and my first thought was "poor, poor guy!"

:biggrin:

And second one is : "Don't be sick, man and also don't have holidays for next few months..." :-D

Edited by Solmyr

Having only one gal/guy who has a profound understanding of all aspects of the sim (AI, graphics, sound, physics, weather, gui, networking, campaign engine, and so on) seems almost not possible. Hats off, if he or she is able to do all this, I know I wouldn't.

Edited by tintifaxl

Thanks a lot ! Had a lot of problem with the ESC buttom not working, had to close the game, thanks ! :)

Having only one gal/guy who has a profound understanding of all aspects of the sim (AI, graphics, sound, physics, weather, gui, networking, campaign engine, and so on) seems almost not possible. Hats off, if he or she is able to do all this, I know I wouldn't.

It's Sergei Korolev, it has to be ... he's ALIVE!!!

Just had following mission:

Me in a Yak, NO wingmen!

Objective: Destroy one Stuka or damage two out of a flight of three Stukas. Protected by FOUR 109s.

Mission impossible (confirmed).

Edited by sturmkraehe

Me in a Yak, NO wingmen!

Objective: Destroy one Stuka or damage two out of a flight of three Stukas. Protected by FOUR 109s.

Splitting missions into succesfull and unsuccesful cathegories is useless.Same as setting precise nr. of targets to be destroyed.War does not play like that.There were only combat missions in general and success came very hard earned way.There should be no waypoints as it was up to pilots how to get to the target and priority for everyone should be to survive and fight another day.

Most of combat missions were uneventful or with draw result.To amass 170+ kills within 2 months (as seen in someone campaign stats) is just silly and unrealsitic.That is almost 6 IAPs in total :huh:

• Upvote 1

Most of combat missions were uneventful or with draw result.To amass 170+ kills within 2 months (as seen in someone campaign stats) is just silly and unrealsitic.That is almost 6 IAPs in total :huh:

http://www.deutsches-afrikakorps.de/alt/html/perso/hjm/ab4.htm 30 kills in 3 days, western front.

llzkgdha.jpg

Hartmann almost 100 kills in 2 month. If you exclude the times where he was on holiday or didn't fly, he scored well over 100 kills within two month at times (2 times)

silly and unrealistic?? definitely not

very rare? yes, but possible

Edited by Celestiale

Looking at the mission where are the promised historic correct missions? A huge map and a empty place. If this would see our WWII Veterans! Where is the feeling to be a big part of the battle? Where is the big battle? How sad! And boring, too! Shells explode from nowwhere at Stalingrad. Did Germans or the Soviet had invisible units that appear and disappear?

Me in a Yak, NO wingmen!

Possible! Add to your plane some bombs and rockets. Be a Kamikaze attack from above with high speed shot the rockets at the stukas then crash with the armed bombs at the middle stuka. Mission succesful all three stukas destroyed! How much XP for this? :biggrin:

Shells explode from nowwhere at Stalingrad. Did Germans or the Soviet had invisible units that appear and disappear?

you know that artillery in second world war had a range of about 10-15km? That's your shells explode "from nowhere"

Edit:

A huge map and a empty place. If this would see our WWII Veterans! Where is the feeling to be a big part of the battle? Where is the big battle? How sad!

But you know, that the fights didn't go on 24/7 yes? Especially in a static warfare, like Stalingrad was, (close) fights did only happen in small percentages of a day. Most of the time it was a little bit artillery fire, air attacks here and there(!), but infantry and tanks were behind friendly lines most of the times, when there was not exactly a push (once a week). War wasn't like some movies try to suggest, 24/7 infantry infight  :wacko:

Edited by Celestiale

Splitting missions into succesfull and unsuccesful cathegories is useless.Same as setting precise nr. of targets to be destroyed.War does not play like that.There were only combat missions in general and success came very hard earned way.There should be no waypoints as it was up to pilots how to get to the target and priority for everyone should be to survive and fight another day.

Perhaps it would be more interesting if the campaign stats also recorded how many times the player was killed. At the moment these numbers are meaningless.

As far as I know,Herr Hartmann did not participate in battle of Stalingrad thus he was not able to amass 170+ aerial kills between 19.11.1942 and 2.2.1943.None of the pilots did such achievement.
My message was about silly and unrealsitic campaign statistics,that says nothing.At the end most of us will have all boyscout badges collected with unrealsitic score of "jack-of-all-trades" pilot.In fact you can fly this "campaign" forever and collect maybe 1000 kills.What will it say about you in terms of statistics and comparing to other pilots? Nothing...erm maybe one thing.That you spent too much time in front of your computer.
IMO it is waste of precious development resources that could be focused on much more needed fixes and improvements.
Such statistics will become interesting only when separate fighter/bomber pilot carriers with DiD/Ironman mode will be available for both sides.

you know that artillery in second world war had a range of about 10-15km? That's your shells explode "from nowhere"

Edit:

But you know, that the fights didn't go on 24/7 yes? Especially in a static warfare, like Stalingrad was, (close) fights did only happen in small percentages of a day. Most of the time it was a little bit artillery fire, air attacks here and there(!), but infantry and tanks were behind friendly lines most of the times, when there was not exactly a push (once a week). War wasn't like some movies try to suggest, 24/7 infantry infight  :wacko:

---> I fly 39 km or more at a circle and where is the artillery?

What happend if you fly over enemy territory? I fly to Berlin shopping over enemy territory and nothing happends? Where is the enemy to face him, no flaks, no tanks, no parking planes, no planes that intercept me, no planes that patrol! A big empty place! That should be the Battle of Stalingrad? 

As far as I know,Herr Hartmann did not participate in battle of Stalingrad thus he was not able to amass 170+ aerial kills between 19.11.1942 and 2.2.1943.None of the pilots did such achievement.

My message was about silly and unrealsitic campaign statistics,that says nothing.At the end most of us will have all boyscout badges collected with unrealsitic score of "jack-of-all-trades" pilot.In fact you can fly this "campaign" forever and collect maybe 1000 kills.What will it say about you in terms of statistics and comparing to other pilots? Nothing...erm maybe one thing.That you spent too much time in front of your computer.

IMO it is waste of precious development resources that could be focused on much more needed fixes and improvements.

Such statistics will become interesting only when separate fighter/bomber pilot carriers with DiD/Ironman mode will be available for both sides.

ok, then i just didn't get your message before. Definitely agree with you. Especially this "jack-of-all-trades". Immersion-Killer...currently that"s no "campaign" at all, at least not in the original meaning of the word..

What happend if you fly over enemy territory? I fly to Berlin shopping over enemy territory and nothing happends? Where is the enemy to face him, no flaks, no tanks, no parking planes, no planes that intercept me, no planes that patrol! A big empty place! That should be the Battle of Stalingrad? 

apparentely you are either playing another game, or you have bad eyes. Everything you told about - flaks, tanks, parking planes, (patrolling planes in later pilot levels) - is there. Maybe you just have to look closer. But in higher tiers(9-10), the enemy area is full of AAA and Flak vehicles..there is almost no street in enemy territory without them..

S!

Celestiale. Just fly outside your planned mission route and there it is: Total emptiness. Everything is conveninetly spawned near the are you are SUPPOSED to fly at. Nowhere else. I think Superghostboy meant that the scenery is totally clean. No smudge or dirt, traces of troop movements and all that. Even air bases are clean even many of them were in heavy use, like Pitomnik. Didn't someone say that pilots could use it as a "bullseye" as it sticked out from the scnerey as a big dirty spot? So where is this in BoS? Just a merry winter map with no trace of war going on except "ghost shells" falling into Stalingrad etc. 

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Upvote 2

Only result I see from implementing this online campaign stats is that people are locking them down.

Including some of the devs. I was surprised to see this feature, because i didn't get the impression that anyone was waiting for it (maybe on the Russian forums?). You can check your own status ingame and why you would want to check the status of others is baffling to me. To top it off, atleast my stats (flight hours, sucessful missions etc.) are incorrect anyway.

On the other hand i could think of a few features which could use a bit extra work. I hope work on those features doesn't get delayed because of these stats.

• Upvote 1

You can set them private them and they're not "in your face" in the in-game UI anyway so I'd say no harm done.

I would wish they had focused on other stuff first before doing this bit, but whatever. Compared to other things in the game at the moment for me the stats are irrelevant and not really worth talking about.

I'm relatively new to BOS, not new to Stumovik though having 1946 and Clod, so can't comment on what it was like before.

BOS runs just fine on ultra settings on my rig.

Only the replay function doesn't save my edited replays?? 

Win7 64 ultimate.

intel  i5 2310  3.10ghz

8Gb ram.

Palit Geforce GTX 680 2Gb Gddr5.

256 fsb

Edited by voncrapenhauser

S!

Celestiale. Just fly outside your planned mission route and there it is: Total emptiness. Everything is conveninetly spawned near the are you are SUPPOSED to fly at. Nowhere else. I think Superghostboy meant that the scenery is totally clean. No smudge or dirt, traces of troop movements and all that. Even air bases are clean even many of them were in heavy use, like Pitomnik. Didn't someone say that pilots could use it as a "bullseye" as it sticked out from the scnerey as a big dirty spot? So where is this in BoS? Just a merry winter map with no trace of war going on except "ghost shells" falling into Stalingrad etc. 

+ 1000

I'm relatively new to BOS, not new to Stumovik though having 1946 and Clod, so can't comment on what it was like before.

BOS runs just fine on ultra settings on my rig.

Only the replay function doesn't save my edited replays?? 

Win7 64 ultimate.

intel  i5 2310  3.10ghz

8Gb ram.

Palit Geforce GTX 680 2Gb Gddr5.

256 fsb

I have the same issue  ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO EDIT - DOES ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY EDIT ?  iF SO HOW? 

To be fair the emptiness outside the intended mission zone is to an extent an issue with most campaign / single missions in most simulators, Falcon 4 excluded. BoS feels a bit empty, but in general focusing the units to the zone you're supposed to fly in is usually a good idea. Future will tell how the campaign develops and what kind of unit numbers BoS can actually handle in single and multiplayer modes.

Same with RoF... if you deviate from your flight path and waypoints, don't be surprised if you encounter bugger all!

It must be simply, that like RoF, if BoS is populated with a 'living' world, the dev's believe it would grind a lot of peoples PC's to a halt.

The problem about map size vs pilots is our problem and the rol that we use playing (I think). For example, I'm go to Syndicate server, we have two or three zones to attack and protect, and where is people? !!doing vulching on bases!!.

The objetives are clear, we have one briefing, why all people that say "big map low users" don't go to work a good mission like briefing explain?

The number of users that can play maybe isn't the problem

Edited by SuDoKu

I have the same issue  ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO EDIT - DOES ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY EDIT ?  iF SO HOW?

Record the replay with Fraps or another program, GeForce Experience will make recordings via Shadowplay. Then use Windows Movie Maker to edit.

Record the replay with Fraps or another program, GeForce Experience will make recordings via Shadowplay. Then use Windows Movie Maker to edit.

Ok thanks ....so simply the reply edit don't work :wacko:

+1

This same nonsense is in ROF, playing campaign in yours unit, you see global scores - and there are many players with numbers like couple thousand air victories.... madness and useless information. Wait there's more - this lookup - fetching all global players history it is also big net - performance hog. All time it is refreshing there is micro freezing of GUI.

Consoles aren't all bad. Ever had an XBox game crash?

Sometimes simplicity is a good thing.

Yes, I have had plenty of xbox and playstation games crash on me.

Yes, I have had plenty of xbox and playstation games crash on me.

Really? I always gave consoles a much higher simplicity and reliability score since that's basically what they're all about. I had a 360 and never had it crash once which can't be said for the PC :-/ I still like the PC better though...