Sign in to follow this  
MarcAnton

No bullet-impact feedback ?

Is it only me or is there absolutly no feedback when your plane gets hit ? No sound nothing ?

When shooting at a plane infront of me which is close the sound is absurd loud but when i get hit - no matter front or rear - 

i dont hear anything ...

Edited by MarcAnton
  • Upvote 2

The sounds is very bass, it has a cool shudder to it - you hear this *vrrrthooomb* especially when cannon hits. Equalizer and volume will help you out if you using Stereo only. Alternatively you can use Razer Synapse.

Sometimes it doesn't kick though so it is buggy but not as you describe.

I also have this issue and can be pretty frustrating, I have tried the mentioned fix/workaround with reducing computer sound and having game sound higher to no avail but as you say it is obviously quite buggy.

It is especially annoying when the only time you realize you have been hit is when your engine starts to pack in even though you have kept a keen eye on your instruments, really annoying.

I hope this at least gets looked at and maybe improved in due course as it is a pretty high up core element of the game.

Mick. :)

See my thread, "Hit sounds revisted" for a potential solution.

Me too no hit sounds at all . Sound would really improve the realism .

See my thread, "Hit sounds revisted" for a potential solution.

Used search for your link , even spelled revisited correctly and there's no result .

S!

You hear own bullets hitting the enemy plane or ground target because you catch the "sound bubble". And when you are hit, the "sound bubble" is left behind thus no hit sounds or very faint ones. This is how I understood what devs wrote, they had adjusted the "sound bubble" etc. It is quite annoying to hear other hits, but not the ones on your plane.

6969Pencon,

I really can spell, I promise.

What I cant do so well is see this tiny keyboard on my phone-

Sorry!

Maybe it has something to do with people using surround sound.  I use 7.1 on headphones.  I do not hear sounds behind me very well until I turn my head and look behind me.  I hear sounds that are in front of my face very loud, things behind my head not so much.  So if it is true that the sound bubble is being left behind ones head, then that might cause a problem.  People not on surround sound might hear all the sounds the same, forwards and behind. 

Just guessing cause once again, I was playing the SP campaign, hearing no hits on my plane.  It's frustrating to say the least.  Don't throw your add hock fixes at me either.  I have tried them.  This game should work without add hock fixes. 

This problem has been around for a long time. No word on it getting fixed. And yes, VBF-12Snake9 I have heard all the "fixes" and nothing helps.

Next you will have folks saying since you never flew and got shot in a WWII bird, not hearing the sounds is accurate. I went down that road with many folks as well.

Anyway, I am in the same boat. No hit sounds, and like the others posts on this subject, this one will be forgotten too.

Snake,

If you are referring to me re: "ad hoc" fixes, your out of line.

I found the ad hoc fix as you call it allowed me to hear all kinds of sounds that I couldnt previously. Others have reported a similar improvemnt

While I agree there is a problem with the games coding re: sound, I made it clear it was only a temporary fix for some players. I was trying to pass on some help. No one is "throwing" anything at you- or anyone.

This problem has been around for a long time. No word on it getting fixed. And yes, VBF-12Snake9 I have heard all the "fixes" and nothing helps.

Next you will have folks saying since you never flew and got shot in a WWII bird, not hearing the sounds is accurate. I went down that road with many folks as well.

Anyway, I am in the same boat. No hit sounds, and like the others posts on this subject, this one will be forgotten too.

Some folks hear them, some don't. There is a bug with it and no one is denying it.

But, for sake of accuracy many ww2 pilots did say that you can't hear anything, but you feel them al'right. Other say a loud bang was in order when hit, especially by flak. Given this is a game we need to hear them al'right, as we can't feel them.

But, as myself, some of the "tricks" help out and actually work UNTIL the issues are fixed. And yes Snake is correct, there is something odd with the surround.

Sorry Chris not referring to you.  These "people" have been around for a year now trying to make accuses for something that is clearly buggy.  I have humm . .  discussed the same topic about every month, and like vaxxtx says, nothing gets addressed.  It's been posted in the bug thread.  Hopefully it will be addressed.  This game is released right? :scratch_one-s_head:

nope.

it is commercialized.

but i am with you - version number 1.000 and up should be versions that work.

think of it as neveending WIP, and the 1.000+ version just a reason to sell... or something like that.

Whilst flying a Phantom at low level and pretty fast (900 km/h) we hit a bird on our right wing (inboard of the fold). It penetrated the leading edge of the wing damaging the BLC (Bleed Air). I was in the backseat, the birdstrike was aft of me but we heard and felt the impact. IMO we should hear the impact of bullets and cannon rounds.

Today online I had a mid-air collision with my wingman...never heard a thing.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Chris not referring to you.  These "people" have been around for a year now trying to make accuses for something that is clearly buggy.  I have humm . .  discussed the same topic about every month, and like vaxxtx says, nothing gets addressed.  It's been posted in the bug thread.  Hopefully it will be addressed.  This game is released right? :scratch_one-s_head:

No worries, Snake-

I'm sorry to hear that the temp fix doesn't work for everyone, it was a dramatic improvement for me.

I 'm intrigued that only some folks seem to have it; others report they hear everything fine.

I'm in the middle crowd.

It's definitely a problem, probably in the way something is coded-

Hope the devs come up with something to help the rest of you guys out- I agree, it's definitely an immersion killer-

Good luck  ;)

And if you dont keep an eye on this post....it will slip into nothingness........

S!

You hear own bullets hitting the enemy plane or ground target because you catch the "sound bubble". And when you are hit, the "sound bubble" is left behind thus no hit sounds or very faint ones. This is how I understood what devs wrote, they had adjusted the "sound bubble" etc. It is quite annoying to hear other hits, but not the ones on your plane.

That's what I understood also. It is indeed very annoying to hear hits on your target louder than your engine, yet hits on your own plane usually go unnoticed. There is no way it's realistic. Fingers crossed, hoping for a fix.

S!

Keep it simple works in many situations ;) Sounds heard when OWN plane is hit ir damaged should be clearly heard, not the hits on enemy plane hundreds of meters away, at least over the growl of the engine. And IMHO all engine sounds could use more OOOOMPH to them, they lack the throbbing rumble :)

I definitely think close-aboard flak bursts should be much louder.

I hear hit sounds in SP just fine. Always have. Posts like this baffle me to be honest.

Jason

Jason they are not "fine". You can hear them (but you have to set your sound volume to 100% in game, a lot of people don't know that), but they are not ideal. You can't hear all of them, there are certain situations where you don't hear them. And they are also not loud enough. Reading a lot of autobiographies, the pilot's always told, that it was really a scary sound when they got hit, it often safed their lives, because the shock let them brake immediately. In Cliffs of Dover this is perfectly modeled i think, there it's really scary, too. But in BoS there is just not enough feedback right now, i got shot down often without even noticing, that i am being shot. 

I think this is also the reason, why so many people moan, that the DM is not good - they just don't realize, by how many bullets they actually got hit (and how?)

Please, Jason, don't tell me the sounds of the game are finished now?! (there are also other issues like "silent 88er Flak" etc...)

• Upvote 3

Jason they are not "fine". You can hear them (but you have to set your sound volume to 100% in game, a lot of people don't know that), but they are not ideal. You can't hear all of them, there are certain situations where you don't hear them. And they are also not loud enough. Reading a lot of autobiographies, the pilot's always told, that it was really a scary sound when they got hit, it often safed their lives, because the shock let them brake immediately. In Cliffs of Dover this is perfectly modeled i think, there it's really scary, too. But in BoS there is just not enough feedback right now, i got shot down often without even noticing, that i am being shot. 

I think this is also the reason, why so many people moan, that the DM is not good - they just don't realize, by how many bullets they actually got hit (and how?)

Please, Jason, don't tell me the sounds of the game are finished now?! (there are also other issues like "silent 88er Flak" etc...)

I have to agree with Celestiale here, I rarely if ever hear the sound of things hitting my plane in BoS. I've treid the fix posted earlier in the topic with no success and am simply hoping that the devs will acknowledge the issue with hit sounds sooner than later.

There is nothing more frustrating inn BoS than your engine dying or wing falling off without even knowing that you've been hit.

• Upvote 2

I didn't say it was "fine" for everyone. I just said it seemed ok for me. My experience seems to differ from yours.

Jason

Thanks for the reply Jason,

I'm glad they are fine for you but obviously not for everyone else though. As Zak pointed out about the sound bubble does this mean that there is a problem or not, or is what we have is the final version, meaning there is no sound problem therefore won't get some attention?

I would hope it could get looked at because as I said it is a core element of gameplay.

Mick. :)

S!

Interesting. I was under the impression that when you heard the hits on other enemy aircraft it was because you were actually being struck by bits of their plane. I assumed this because it usually only happens when you are close behind them and firing, at least in my experience. It actually sounds to me like something is striking my aircraft. I've never really fired at ground targets before to hear this but I will have to try it now.

Edited by GeneralZod

Thanks for the TEMP fix, i can now hear flak exploding in front/ besides me, this coupled with the LOD fix has greatly improved my experience :)

I just today tried some tweaking and configuring of my onboard sound card. I have really old Creative 4.1 speaker system.

My onboard sound card doesn´t play well with 4.1 and I need to switch to 5.1 and disable center speaker in the configuration menu.

But If I leave center speaker active some sounds are missings in the game like sounds of bullet impacts , brakes etc.

So maybe you can try tweaking of the speaker system, If you have 4 or more speakers.

"I was under the impression that when you heard the hits on other enemy aircraft it was because you were actually being struck by bits of their plane. "

Is possible hear include the gunner firing on bombers, if are ~100 meters near...

Does it happen in all aircraft?  I was wondering if it had something to do with having the cockpit open at speed (i.e. same sound frequency as a hit). 

Does it happen in all aircraft?  I was wondering if it had something to do with having the cockpit open at speed (i.e. same sound frequency as a hit). 

Every aircraft I have flown.

Again, the thing that bother me is there is no acknowledgement of this bug. The only responses I have read were the sound bubble in which is was not clear if it was considered a bug, and now jasons post saying its fine for him.

Its a big part of the game. If it cant/wont be fixed, thats a bigger issue.

I hear hit sounds in SP just fine. Always have. Posts like this baffle me to be honest.

Jason

+100

S!

Then maybe share your settings and all that? I had missing sounds in BoS quite frequently when grinding those unlocks. 

Every aircraft I have flown.

Again, the thing that bother me is there is no acknowledgement of this bug. The only responses I have read were the sound bubble in which is was not clear if it was considered a bug, and now jasons post saying its fine for him.

Its a big part of the game. If it cant/wont be fixed, thats a bigger issue.

You infer that we have not acknowledged issues with sound. That is incorrect. We recently improved hit sounds in MP after complaints. Now I am seeing this thread about hit sounds in SP and users complaining they have never heard a hit sound ever. No hit sounds ever in SP is news to me. Now we need to investigate and see what if anything is going on. Maybe it's a volume thing, maybe it's a sound bubble thing, maybe its a stereo thing, maybe its a FMOD thing, maybe its a speaker thing, maybe it's a sound card thing. We simply don't know. I spoke to Loft about this today and no one in the team is having this problem in SP so right now we don't know what to think.

And acknowledging your complaint is much different than acknowledging an actual bug which to be acknowledged needs to be proven and consistently duplicated for us to fix it. Right now all I can say is that I am aware of such complaints.

What would help is maybe a video showing us your plane getting pounded and no hit sounds. Maybe Run a track or something and film with your phone and upload it. That would probably be helpful to the team. And of course share your audio settings.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Not sure how helpful this will be, but I am currently running sounf at highest game quality and highest volume. Razer Megalodon 7.1 headset. Windows mixer bolume set at 30

(this provided a great improvement, but I still cannot hear flak explosions, even close ones very well.) I intend to experiment this weekend anf I will share if I find out anything useful. Please excuse my lousy typing-

Realtek HD

Audio Driver Version - 6.0.1.6657

Directx Version - Dx 11

Audio Controller - HD Audio

Audio Codec -  ALC898

I play with 7.1 surround sound on headphones only.  This also happens in QMB.  I like to set up 8 bombers and see how many I can shoot down before ammo runs dry.  It is most of the time sniper fire hits directly the engine and no sounds are heard.  Just the popup notification that your engine is damaged.  I can try to fly directly behind a bomber and record track, but like I said, I'm headphones only. 

Also note that the adjusting the mixer fix, is a no brainer for us TS users.  If you leave the game at anything greater than 30% mixer, one cannot hear TS at all.  The game volume drowns out everything.  I did this even before looking for a sound fix. 

Edited by VBF-12Snake9