BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 31

Really waiting for IL-2 1946 on Steam. I haven't had it installed since I reinstalled Windows with a new SSD because of the terrible patching process. Will gladly pay a few bucks and then some for the pre-order of BoS! :)
When is it coming back to Steam by the way?

No info about it as of yet, but as you already know IL-2 1946 is given as present for buying ROF on Steam

• Upvote 1

when will 1946 be available on steam? i could really use an up to date copy of the game instead of the old 4.07 copy.

Really waiting for IL-2 1946 on Steam. I haven't had it installed since I reinstalled Windows with a new SSD because of the terrible patching process. Will gladly pay a few bucks and then some for the pre-order of BoS! :)

The patching process for IL2 is about as easy as it gets oiutside of having it done automatically. Patch it and back it up, then you won't have to worry about it.

Soon as I found out the latest modder patch gave IL2-1946 full wide-screen I reinstalled it and got it up to v4.12 but even on novice the AI are just stupidly accurate (like UFO-tech gunsights and abilities). Not to mention gunners doing fantasy sniping. Got real old real quick. :negative:

A lot of that depends on how you have it set up. If you are using the QMB just set your AI no higher than veteran unless it is 1:1 or 2:2 and set your wingman on Ace. If you are using the FMB then set flights with varied AI skills but never make your flighht below veteran or else they will not respond to commands fast enough.