BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 31

Hello Pilots!

I'd like to answer some your questions today. Next week we plan to have a new live stream, this time with Andrey Solomykin aka Petrovich, the author of physics and aerodynamics in our project. These elements of development are his specialty so he can tell more interesting and deeper things about them.

Also a new important milestone has been achieved by the team recently. Rise of Flight is now available on Steam. This also means the compatibility of technologies: you can play ROF purchased on the official site together with players who purchased it on Steam - the sky is one for all. At the same we return IL-2 Sturmovik - 1946 to Steam. This version contains all up-to-date additional content and updates. And buying ROF before September 12th will give you free copy of IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946.

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

Nice answers! Personally, I hope mat tools that do not require a degree in computer engineering is required. Some of the very best IL2 mas are user made (yes Zuti, I'm looking at you).

thank you, I can't wait for the next livestream since the topic (physics) is one of my favs in gaming, expecially if related to flight sims.

Thanks for all the info. When do you think we hear guns and see some damage modeling?

• Upvote 1

How about people to own ROF already do we get a copy of il2 1946?

when will 1946 be available on steam? i could really use an up to date copy of the game instead of the old 4.07 copy.

when will 1946 be available on steam? i could really use an up to date copy of the game instead of the old 4.07 copy.

Why dont you patch it to 4.12?

RoFers - if you want to help the community, go onto the Steam forum for RoF because, man, some gamers take a very different view of things. And that's not coming from me as a mod, just me as a person who can't stand people who don't know what they're talking about trashing a good product because it doesn't cost $10.

RoFers - if you want to help the community, go onto the Steam forum for RoF because, man, some gamers take a very different view of things. And that's not coming from me as a mod, just me as a person who can't stand people who don't know what they're talking about trashing a good product because it doesn't cost $10.

I just read a few threads there. I don't think you can explain anything to those individuals for it to make sense without flash cards, crayons, glitter and some glue for them to snack on.

• Upvote 1

Consistently great and regular updates. Very good PR and community management all around. Much appreciated!

:good:

MAC

Question #10 and especially the given answer is the most important for me :) Thank you very much!

Why dont you patch it to 4.12?

i have it patched, but everytime i want to reinstal it i have to go and grab the disc and install over 5 patches. its a bit tedious, and if i can pay 5-10 euros to avoid it , i will pay it.

It is.

I've bought it (again) there for few bucks and it updates nicely.

Edit: cant find it in store anymore, but still have it in my Steam library...

Strange.

Edited by ami7b5

Soon as I found out the latest modder patch gave IL2-1946 full wide-screen I reinstalled it and got it up to v4.12 but even on novice the AI are just stupidly accurate (like UFO-tech gunsights and abilities). Not to mention gunners doing fantasy sniping. Got real old real quick. :negative:

I hope to see a difinitive "yes" to the question about dogfight maps, since it could make the game appealing to those of us who need to see something that isn't all snow covered.  A simple Summer Steppe map would make all the difference...

• Upvote 1

Thanks good update.

I hope to see a difinitive "yes" to the question about dogfight maps, since it could make the game appealing to those of us who need to see something that isn't all snow covered.  A simple Summer Steppe map would make all the difference...

+1  + 1.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000

Thanks, great update. This project looks rock-solid and dependable (unlike some other projects out there that demand a bit more... suspension of disbelief!)  :-)

Great update. Solid info, as has become the norm for these Friday BoS development posts. I'm very eager to get started. I'm not one for wishing Summer away, but the first day I can look out my window, see some snow on the ground and fire up BoS, is going to be a good day.  

i have it patched, but everytime i want to reinstal it i have to go and grab the disc and install over 5 patches. its a bit tedious, and if i can pay 5-10 euros to avoid it , i will pay it.

Another option is to burn your patched IL-2 to a couple of DVDs then just copy it to your HD as needed. It doesn't need to be installed to run.

With regard to Steam, I have a copy of 1946 & RoF on disc.

Do I have to re-purchase through Steam to have them both running through Steam, or is there a way of attaching my disc copies to Steam copies?

thanks for  the update . . .

and the questions answered

Thanks for the update, and the very candid answers supplied for the questions we the community ask.

As always the level of communication here from the developers is awesome.