BlackSix

Autopilot and AI

Brief description:  Using Custom realism the Throttle auto limit activaties by itself even if off in options

Detailed description: I am using Custom settings for my SP experience. I have the following items selected:

•  Object markers
  •  Navigation markers
  •  Allow spectators
  •  Warmed up engine
  •  Autopilot

In every campaign or mission (PWCG) somewhere during my flight the Throttle auto limit activates by itself and can't be turned off again. In PWCG I have no time stamp when it occures. In campaign missions it always happens when arriving at the target waypoint. Workaround for now is to also select Throttle auto limit in custom realism so I can turn it off mid flight. 

Brief description: Too low cruising speed of the FW190s in PWCG missions

Detailed description: When I fly a FW190 A, no matter which one of those three, in PWCG, My flight flies with cruising speeds between 250 and 300km/h, however I set it in the Aircraft file to 420km/h. With other aircrafts the setting of the cruising speed in the Aircraft file works as intented, just the FW190 A does not work anymore since one of the last game updates.

Brief description: New Fighter AI is suicidal in 3.201

Detailed description, conditions:

Career Mode, Realist, Normal dificulty, Medium Activity.

The new Fighter AI is amazing, seems much more realist, but they often die crashed.

It happens to my team-mates with Mig-3, and to enemies with 109 F-2 and F-4

It seems like they faint because they push to hard on the stick and are affected by the new G system.

80% of fighters die icrashed n different type osfmissions.

unknown.png

Edited by =SFF=_cercataa
  • Haha 1

Brief description: The new AI really likes the ground
Detailed description: 

For the most part I'm loving the new AI.  They're more aggressive and unpredictable, are now far more accurate, and have become an actual challenge to contend with.
Unfortunately, in becoming more aggressive it seems as if they've become a lot more reckless. 

Pre-update it was already a slight issue that the AI could get a bit overzealous and dive into the ground, though it didn't happen that often. 

That seems to have changed however, as I was just in a large dogfight in my Stalingrad career involving 18 Bf-109 F4s and G2s engaged with 9 I-16s, 6 La-5s, 6 MiGs, and 12 IL2s.
Now in an engagement of that size and general chaos there are bound to be heavy casualties on both sides, and there were, but of the 9 Bf-109s which were destroyed, only 2 were actually shot down, the rest simply flew directly into the ground.
The same was true for the Soviet aircraft as well, though more were shot down rather than crashed, several times I watched MiGs careen off mid turn straight into the ground.
My theory is that the new G-Force effects combined with the AI's more aggressive flying has proven to be a fatal mixture.

As a side note: at one point during the engagement I attracted the attention of 4 La-5s and was forced to dive for the deck.  They pursued me at treetop level, and actually managed to score a few hits (which the prior AI would never have been able to do), but some time after that as we crested a hill at around 500 km/h, the pilots of the 2 lead La-5s began to rapidly pitch up and down looking almost as if they were vibrating.  The force of which at 500 km/h promptly tore off their elevators.  Now I don't know exactly what caused the AI to do this, I just know that I lived as result when I probably shouldn't have.
Can't really depict the La-5s vibrating in image form, but pics related are one of them.

PC Config:
64 Bit Windows 10
Intel i-5-8600 @ 3.10 GHz, 6 Cores

Nvidia GTX 1080 GPU

16 GB RAM

20191002012810_1.jpg

20191002012751_1.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 10/27/2014 at 10:07 AM, BlackSix said:

The purpose of this topic is to provide us, the devs, with readable and structured information about the issues of corresponding types

How should a message be formatted:
1) Make sure that the issue is actually a game bug, and it has not been reported yet
2) Copy the template text (as shown below this list)
3) Fill in the blanks
4) If you are not reporting a new error but want to add to somebody's message, please, just quote it and use the same template for your addition.

Recommended form:

The topic is under strict moderation rules. Any message that does not follow the guidelines will be deleted without warning. This topic is for bug reports.

1) This bug has been (partly?) reported. AXIS airfield Ai take off, in my case sets of 8 and 4 He111 bombers. START is on Runway, checked all waypoints for range, speed and height.

Various tests, and always and some planes start but won't get off the ground (looks like they have not enough speed). Or crash: in the set of 4 the leader and number three survive the start, number 2 crashes into the ground, and number 4 gets stuck in the field after the runway (Venlo, Rheinland map).

The complete route is linked and the planes are meant to land on the same field used for take off with a land command MCU.

Also it seems, using F3 view,  the leader cannot really make speed; drags on through the grass after the runway and then all of a sudden increases height and speed.Tried various locations for mission begin, timer and takeoff MCUs. 

Please note, a taxi after parking is NOT the issue here, but i'll try that sometime.

Remark, there's 4 planes, Allies, Spit Mk ix, Leader (player) and 3 wingmen, taking off from parking on a different airfield, already. I could upload a mission file if any dev is interested, pm me then please. For now i give up, spent too much time on finding it. I also guess this Ai coding business is probably very complicated. But maybe there is some trick i couldn't find so far. J

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADDED 10-10-2019 : Tried the same Ai departure of 4 ju88 bombers instead of the He111s, they all took off,  the runway seems just long enough now (Venlo again) ...

Edited by jollyjack

Brief description: AI controlled arcraft fail to drop bombs!

Offline mission, several flights of Bf-110's are set to attack the airfield with AttackArea trigger, they perform attack runs, dive to the targets but all of them fail to drop the bombs; instead they go around for another run!  

BombingTest.rar

• Like 1

Brief description:  AI P-39s regularly blow their engines.

Detailed description:  Flying the Kurban career on the blue side, if I bounce AI P-39s and maintain an altitude advantage through the fight, the AI aircraft invariably destroy their engines trying to climb up to engage me.  I’ve seen this on multiple occasions, where the engine failure is preceded by a large belch of black smoke followed by the engine stopping. 

The P-39 seems to be the only aircraft effected but have not tested extensively.

• Like 1

Brief description:  AI pilots positioned outside cockpits

Detailed description 4.001, first career mission Spit IX, all pilots (myself included from external view) positioned outside cockpits since take off. This mission was flown for the second time. For the first time, AI pilots were positioned OK.

err2.jpg

Edited by Tapi
  • Haha 2

Brief Description: AI Tank Crews become unresponsive to targeting and move to point commands. 

Detailed Description: When driving the Tiger I to test out the new Crew Command system my crew suddenly became unresponsive to any targeting and move to point commands and would sometimes act erratically such as moving the turret away from the target or going in the wrong direction. I restarted the mission several times and it failed to resolve the issue.

Edited by BBarnes005

Brief description: Terrible / ridiculous AI of the enemy BOS

I can fly allone against 5 ACE-Enemys (and more) without Problems?

There is no Dogfight, this is clay pigeon shooting.

The enemy dont makes evasive action like turns or rolls?!

Even if i hit him, he continues to fly big rounds.

if the attitude was beginner - it would be ok, but not on ACE !!! :-(

So the air fight is boring, and for me that's the most important thing in the simulation.

I tried it in quick missions and self created missions, without distinction.

why this? in "rise of flight" or "il 2 1946" it was nearly perfect. :-)

19 minutes ago, FlyingMat69 said:

Brief description: Terrible / ridiculous AI of the enemy BOS

I can fly allone against 5 ACE-Enemys (and more) without Problems?

There is no Dogfight, this is clay pigeon shooting.

The enemy dont makes evasive action like turns or rolls?!

Even if i hit him, he continues to fly big rounds.

if the attitude was beginner - it would be ok, but not on ACE !!! 😞

So the air fight is boring, and for me that's the most important thing in the simulation.

I tried it in quick missions and self created missions, without distinction.

why this? in "rise of flight" or "il 2 1946" it was nearly perfect. 🙂

Can't speak for devs Mat, but IL 2 1946 had simplified FM for AI. This game had full FM for AI so it is much more difficult for them to get AI fly properly. As far as we know they continually improves AI but it is unfortunatelly tedious and slow process. My advice: try not only QMB but also Career and set the AI to the highest difficulty in the career settings. IMHO AI fighters in the career are not so bad on max settings... (but AI behaivour varies and is obviously dependent to many factors).

4 hours ago, Tapi said:

Can't speak for devs Mat, but IL 2 1946 had simplified FM for AI. This game had full FM for AI so it is much more difficult for them to get AI fly properly. As far as we know they continually improves AI but it is unfortunatelly tedious and slow process. My advice: try not only QMB but also Career and set the AI to the highest difficulty in the career settings. IMHO AI fighters in the career are not so bad on max settings... (but AI behaivour varies and is obviously dependent to many factors).

I can get a good dogfight in qmb, but i havent played career after release of the bobp because AI is unplayable. In every mission i get something hilarious or ai is just passive.

Brief description: AI is able to completely see, track and aim on targets through clouds
Detailed description, conditions: AI is able to navigate in overcast conditions, track target and shoot in zero visibility.  To test and replicate - setup 1vs1 quick mission, Overcast at 1300 meters, Starting altitude 1500 m, fly straight, visibility zero. AI is able to fly past 1.8 km do a 180 turn, track player and shoot it down (graphic cloud settings do not matter). According to Jason, AI has LOS blocked by clouds, so I consider that this is currently a bug because of new clouds tech or updates in AI. Here is Jason's post on this matter:

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  I am attaching screenshots and a track that AI is able to shoot player down in completely blind conditions. 

AI_Zero_Zero.thumb.jpg.8bf8a6cf288a6da2d619af5f9ba0215c.jpgAI_Zero_Zero2.thumb.jpg.804798e841623948f438face57f9cdf1.jpg 

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Intel i2700k, 32Gb DDR RAM, Windows 10, 250 GB SSD, Nvidia drivers, TrackIR 

AI_clouds.zip AI_clouds_mission.zip

Brief description: AI Bomber ignore "command Attack area"

Detailed description, conditions: Since 4.002  enemy AI Bombers in my missions, wich worked fine before the last patch, ignore the attack commands.
Before the Patch they dropped the bombs where they should, now they flight straight on after reaching the last way point before the "command: attack area" (attack ground).

For testing i changed the "attack area" into "command: attack" that causes the Bombers to cycle endless at the last way point before the command attack.
Tested it also in a quick'n dirty new mission, same behavior (tested with  B25 and A20). 

Edited by CorvusX
typo