BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 75

Hi Everybody!

This week has been rich in all sorts of events in the development. The late Friday update is an adequate proof of that.

We've started Early Access program for IL2"BOS on Steam. Hopefully, it will help us make sure that the game runs smoothly and reliably which let’s you have fun playing it when released. There are two versions available for purchase - the regular one (Standard) and Deluxe edition (Premium). The extra planes La-5 and Fw 190 are also available as DLCs.

Store page of the game is here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/307960

Community hub can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/307960

Also we've decided to make it possible to upgrade a Standard Edition into a Premium Edition. Buying both extra planes automatically gives you a gold bar on the forum instead of the silver one and grants you special markings on multiplayer servers.

The second big news is the one you've been waiting for since last Friday. It is the FM changes for several aircraft. Almost all of them were modified except for LaGG-3. Stability of all planes was reconfigured and the plane's reaction to sharp movements of the stick was revised. Rudder effectiveness for Fw-190 was slightly decreased. Roll rate was finalized for all planes according to the reference base that we have. So it wouldn't be a lie to say that maneuverability characteristics of all BOS planes are complete.

We expect quite a lot of feedback and impressions on the recent changes. So we'll be answering the most topical questions. And remember that the next  big update won't take long to arrive which will bring us the He 111 and extended engine control features.

post-7693-0-84960300-1408120599.jpg

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 1

Fine! Thanks alot! FM Changes feels good and believable so far! :)

And the KI comrades in FW 190 have now finally learned to handle the Tailwheel lock to get the bird from the ground!

Friday night's alright for fighti...no, testing BOS!

/Elton John

Thanks Devs and congrats to the start of Steam!

Sweet, keep up the good work. You should probably copy the dev diaries or at least link them on the steam forum btw. They are one thing that really sets BoS apart from most other games in early access.

:o:  FM fixes, finally...now Im still not able to test this, but I will later tonight....

Edited by tikvic

"... extended engine control features ..."

Okay, tell us more pls. :salute:

• Upvote 1

BTW, why thers no discount if we want to buy both La5 and FW190?

Edited by tikvic

Another week that this little bug of "SIM-DOES-NOT-WORK-AT-ALL-ON-NORMAL-TRIPLE-SCREEN-RESOLUTION" has not been addressed.

Every week I log in with the hope that the team has dedicated some efforts to repair the broken game.

this is beginning to be a (bad) joke.

Keep on tweaking CGs, roll rates and mass distributions according to loaded ammo. That`s way important. Well for sure is more important for the "noisiest" members of the community.

Keep ignoring part of your customer base.

Nice update, yet more good changes, and a gold bar too, thanks devs.

Chipi I reckon the triple screen part of the customer base is SO tiny that first they should fix the important stuff.

• Upvote 3

Lol it's always the minorities that scream the loudest, and I know a few people that have their triple monitor set ups working.

I like the way the Yak flies now. Also the rudder has more influence on roll which is cool. La-5 landing not fixed.

Lol it's always the minorities that scream the loudest, and I know a few people that have their triple monitor set ups working.

Not to native resolution. Max res is 4000 wide, and a "standard" res for triple screen is 1920x3.

Would you play the game 800x600 if it did not work full HD?

Edited by Chipi

So it wouldn't be a lie to say that maneuverability characteristics of all BOS planes are complete.

Except for the LaGG-3 i presume?

I definately like the changes. Especially on the Yak-1, which now seems more challenging to fly.

And damn those slippery compasses.

Why?

No any specific reason. I just thought it to be every Friday tradition here after receiving great update and seeing sim to take another step foward.

• Upvote 1

Not to native resolution. Max res is 4000 wide, and a "standard" res for triple screen is 1920x3.

Having triple screen setup myself, I'm no stranger to games not natively supporting our chosen over-the-top monitor configuration...and you shouldn't be either. Triple screen guys are an extremely, EXTREMELY small part of the customer base so we can't realistically expect this kind of support from today's games...Hell, even most of the game's that do support it only do it in a half-assed way.

In any case, BoS supports 3840x720 (forgot the actual width numbers) just fine and it looks decent...even runs well (60fps) on ultra with a single GTX670.

Edited by AbortedMan

Still very lots of stuttering even on low. Bummer.

And ground handling didn't change at all :)

The 109G-2 throttle is still broken.

Overall feel of flying has improved though, Kudos! :salute:

Hoping for a hot fix on the compass or directional gauges by Monday if nothing more today? I guess can live until Friday next update can still get around but sad to see something like this slip through the cracks. Fix something breaks something else typical.

Edited by LoneMerc

No any specific reason. I just thought it to be every Friday tradition here after receiving great update and seeing sim to take another step foward.

I understand now. But it was a promise that we get on Thursday or Friday the update what Zak said below.

It was about those great things that you'd love to finally see in the game, like, improved engine modelling, tweaked aerodynamics for a couple of planes and, of course, fixing the Bf 109 rudder issue. Some GUI elements were to be updated as well.

Sad-Keanu.jpg

P.S. next week is going to be full of nice news thou..

Thursday or Friday have pretty good chance.

FM fixes!?!?

"Uh, hey boss....*cough*...I-I'm not feeling so good right now...like :russian_ru: I have to yak"

I am running BoS on three screens at a resolution of 4080x768, using a Matrox  "Triplehead2go" device, and it runs perfectly with very good graphics at standard settings. (GTX590 Graphics Card)

So is the 109 rudder stIll rubberband-ish or not? Cant twdt myself since on the road...

Congrats for the steam release, hope it will draw a few more people to the sim :)

Its still a bit finicky, but its much, much better. Also the La-5 handles absolutely amazing now. I took it out earlier and managed 5 kills before being shot down.

im running in a 2560x1600 soon I will have 3250x1440

So is the 109 rudder stIll rubberband-ish or not? Cant twdt myself since on the road...

Congrats for the steam release, hope it will draw a few more people to the sim :)

seems more stable but didn't have enough time before I got to go to work.

BTW, why thers no discount if we want to buy both La5 and FW190?

So that it would get cheaper than the premium version? LOL ...

• Upvote 1