csThor

Ju 87 D-3 abbrev. Pilot's Manual

Finally finished with the abbreviated Pilot's Manual for the Ju 87 D-3. It's based on the original operational manual for the aircraft, just cut down to what can be done in BoS.

Quick note: Because of the strange (and wrong) way BoS currently models engine limits make sure you do not use the 1-minute-power setting for anything but take-off and potential emergencies. Otherwise the engine will blow regularly. :mda:

Kurzbetriebsanleitung Junkers Ju 87 D-3 für den Flugzeugführer - english.pdf

• Upvote 20

This is really good many thanks for this.

Ian

Thanks for taking the time to post this needed Ju 87 info.

Whatever you have set for "opening bomb bay doors" will open that little window.

Thats nice manual and info
Thanks

But you wont see me taking off at less than 200kph in stuka on almost all maps..

ALWAYS GET YOUR HIGHEST GROUND SPEED RUNWAY ALLOWS..

We are not worried about Tyre Wear life.

Rotate @ 190-240KPH (no flaps as you are taking off 40kph over flaps speed)
With SC1800 and 50% fuel

Edited by =R4T=Sshadow14

Good manual. I have no trouble with engine management, but with the 87 i always wondered about what would be a nice economical setting. 

Thnx

M

Good manual. I have no trouble with engine management, but with the 87 i always wondered about what would be a nice economical setting. 

Thnx

M

75% cruise power with full tank of fuel last 5 hours (how much more economy do you want :D)

2100 RPM 1.15 ata i think

75% cruise power with full tank of fuel last 5 hours (how much more economy do you want :D)

2100 RPM 1.15 ata i think

Thnx, but isn't that a bit much? The ingame specs say:

"Flight endurance at 3000 m: 3.4 h, at 300 km/h IAS."

Grt M

Edited by Martijnvdm

hello

where I could be wrong? I blow the engine also with 2250 rpm and 1.15 ata

hello

where I could be wrong? I blow the engine also with 2250 rpm and 1.15 ata

Are you keeping temperatures in check? The engine does tend to overheat quiet fast. 

Grt M

thanks for answer, yes and the instrument on the right is almost 130 degrees...but if I decrease rpm or ata for lowering temperature I cant climbimb and I have only 1000 kg bombs, not 1800...what could I do? I have radiators on automatic

thanks for answer, yes and the instrument on the right is almost 130 degrees...but if I decrease rpm or ata for lowering temperature I cant climbimb and I have only 1000 kg bombs, not 1800...what could I do? I have radiators on automatic

The Stuka doesn't have automatic radiators, so you might want to check that. And yes it doesn't climb well with a big bombload but that won't suprise anyone. You can reduce fuel load since you don't need all that on the BOX maps. 

Grt M

• Upvote 1

thanks a lot for assist,it was fault  of water and oil radiators, now I have set the buttons and I can fly with this Ju 87

Finally finished with the abbreviated Pilot's Manual for the Ju 87 D-3. It's based on the original operational manual for the aircraft, just cut down to what can be done in BoS.

Quick note: Because of the strange (and wrong) way BoS currently models engine limits make sure you do not use the 1-minute-power setting for anything but take-off and potential emergencies. Otherwise the engine will blow regularly. :mda:

Do you have a copy of the original untranslated edition? I'm curious if it has any other extra information I can relate to

Nice! Downloaded and saved. I really like how you keep it to actual instructions - no opinions,[edited] :)

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Lenguage

Do you have a copy of the original untranslated edition? I'm curious if it has any other extra information I can relate to

Sorry, only saw this now. I bought the entire Compendium on a CD so I can't share it. It would be a breach of copyright.