Zak

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Pre-Order Program

We are proud to present you our newest flight simulator - IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad. This isa continuation of the legendary Sturmovik series and for more than 10 years it has been the standard for the combat simulation genre. IL-2 products have received worldwide recognition by gamers from every corner of the globe. This new entry into this series will offer virtual pilots and players an even more accurate reproduction of the legendary air battles of World War II. A new, higher level of physics modeling, damage modeling and aerodynamics has been achieved. Battle of Stalingrad will include several famous aircraft that have been recreated from detailed drawings and blueprints and they will fly over the most ambitious and detailed reconstruction ever attempted in a flight-sim of the most critical battle on the Eastern Front.

We invite you to become a participant in the development of BOS by placing a Pre-Order. By doing this, you will be the first to get access to the product and help us to make it even better.The combat flight-sim genre now needs your attention; modest budgets do not allow the realizationof everything virtual pilots dream about at once. But together we can truly revolutionize the genre and bring back a true legend to the sky!

If there are truly a lot of us, more than the skeptics think, and if the time of serious games for the PC has not passed, then we can make more with your support.

Let's strive for success together!

Go to pre-order page now.

• Early Access: Buyers of the Standard Edition will get early access in winter 2013 prior to public release. Buyers of Premium Edition will get the early access in autumn 2013.
  • Founder's Tag: Buyers of the Standard Edition will get a Silver IL-2 Sturmovik logo placed under their avatar in the community forum. Buyers of the Premium Edition will get a Gold IL-2 Sturmovik logo placed under their avatar on the forum.
  • Aircraft at Launch:  Buyers of the Standard and Premium Editions will get the same base set of 6 aircraft (LaGG-3 (series 29), Bf-109 F-4, IL-2 AM-38 (1942 year's model, single-seat), Ju-87 D-3, Pe-2 (series 87 and 110) and He-111 H-6) with the possibility to earn 2 more aircrafts in the game (Yak-1 and Bf-109 G-2).
  • Special Aircraft Set: Buyers of the Premium Edition will also get access to a couple more special aircraft (La-5 and Fw-190 A-3) which cannot be obtained in the game, but can be purchased in our store after launch.
  • Special Label: Buyers of the Premium Edition will get a special label inside the game interface next to their nickname which will stand out from the other players in multiplayer mode.You can turn it off or on as you wish.
  • Send a Gift to a Friend: We have also built a system to send gifts. Not only can you purchase a Pre-Order copy for yourself, but you can also purchase one or more copies of either edition per user account (email) and send it to a friend. You can activate one copy (digital key) on your account and send the others to friends, family or squadron mates. The gift system will be available with the opening of the early access period in autumn 2013 to buyers of all versions.
  • Upvote 2

Hello and sorry for Repeat this but i think this places is better than the old one, I am interested in the Pre-Order, but Have a question, Its the Friend-Gift System operative? , i mean, One of my Friends is going to Pre-Order me the Game, I need to Give him the Info of My account or he can Create one and Give me the "Gift"? Thanks and Good Luck, Its looking Awesome

Premium in my hands, ready to try it!

Any info on minimum specs?

Edited by Lynx11

I do hope the quality of the trailer is representative for the quality of the game.

Which is usually not the case.

Why do we see an IL-2 with rear gunner in the trailer while the only included Sturmovik is a single-seated version in Standard and Premium Edition?

Screenshot01_zps1ce83246.jpg

Edited by Uufflakke
  • Upvote 1

Waiting to see more gameplay videos to consider a pre-order.Trailer, while not representative of the gameplay looks amazing.

• Upvote 1

I do hope the quality of the trailer is representative for the quality of the game.

Which is usually not the case.

Why do we see an IL-2 with rear gunner in the trailer while the only included Sturmovik is a single-seated version in Standard and Premium Edition?

The trailer was meant to be as cinematic as possible, is good advertisement I think.

I'm not much of a fighter boy, and I've never really go the hang of the FW-190, but I pre-ordered anyway. I expect to mostly be an off-liner, so fancy emblems won't really matter to me. I will on the other hand have to buy a new computer when the game comes out, spending a few extra buck to support the developers was a no-brainer. 

As far as cost, I just did a quick look on Gamestop. The base games start out around $50 for new releases - pretty standard, while the limited or collector's or whatever next level up with additional content ranges from $75 to $130. I'm comfortable paying what I did for the BoS CE.

I've got a question, ZAK. If I preorder right now with my current nickname. Will it then be possible to change this nickname later, cause it's not the name I'm using within my squadron. Thanks for clarifying!

The order nicknames don't stick to in-game in RoF. Pretty sure BoS will be the same. You can have multiple profiles with different names in game.

Pre-ordered the premium edition, want to keep this genre alive and in some ways whats offered looks similar to other games and even to some Kickstarters. Looking forward to this Autumn! Cannot wait to take the Pe-2 and FW-190 up.

• Upvote 1

Great trailer, will wait for reviews to see if the game is anything like the trailer.

• Upvote 2

The order nicknames don't stick to in-game in RoF. Pretty sure BoS will be the same. You can have multiple profiles with different names in game.

Thanks for your answer, nevertheless I would appreciate an offical answer, because it's not completely clear for me. If I create a new profile, will it have the gold emblem as well? I'm a bit puzzled at the moment.

Maybe a stupid question, but wilI the main discussion regarding the development in automn supposed to be held in private subforums, as we had it back in the RoF beta time, or will the public board still be accessable?

I doubt that all members of this forum which use to constribute well considered and constructive ideas or information will buy the premium edition. And those guys are actually important for further progress and success of IL-2 BoS.

The gold emblem is only on the forums. If you create a new forum login with a new email address, then you have to request the purchases you've made be moved to the new email address.

All data is going to follow the account, aka email address, names don't matter.

Trailer looks litlle arcadish but knowing ROF engine I'm sure game will be really realistic. Going to pre order Premium next week.

Was that trailer in-engine or prerendered? Looked very nice. A little over the top with the action but it's a trailer it's suppose to grab you.

I'll most likely be preordering and then gifting my bro in the fall for his bday looks nice!

Congratulations! You have successfully pre-ordered the Premium Edition of "IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad"!
 You will be one the first who will have early access to the game this autumn.

Thank you for supporting us!

No "skeptics thinking" here :cool:

Now the countdown clock is one of the most-watched timepieces in the world. :dance:

Edited by Rodolphe

I'm satisfied with the previous developer's update, but got burned by some other 1C's pre-orders (CloD and Red Orchestra 2): so I'm gonna wait for some other tangible info about the sim and maybe I'll pre-order it.

Of course it's not about 777, you guys are great.

Edited by 6S.Manu

When I saw the video, I thought it's a trailer for the "Red tails 2. Battle of Stalingrad". It looks pretty cheesy.

Is it really made with in game footage, or is some artistic interpretation?

Anyway. Congrats and good luck! :)

Edited by Jaws2002

When I saw the trailer I thought it's a trailer for the "Red tails 2 made on eastern front.

:biggrin:

Premium here for sure !!! FW190 was a great surprise :) 

Anyway, it is time to support the game that we will be flying in the next 10 years. Open your wallets gentlemen  :salute:

When I saw the video, I thought it's a trailer for the "Red tails 2. Battle of Stalingrad". It looks pretty cheesy.

Is it really made with in game footage, or is some artistic interpretation?

Anyway. Congrats and good luck! :)

A much needed advertising style in these days, when "flightsim dinosaurs" like me are more and more scarcely found. I have to wait a few days before I can make an investment, but Autumn access is very tempting.

Edited by [URU]Fox

Some tidbits of information on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/il2bos

"IL-2 Sturmovik plane physics are based on actual plane specifications from previously classified Soviet documents. Pretty cool."

That give a bit of a "uh oh" feeling....

The trailer while spectacular is as someone mentioned more of a Red Tails over the Eastern front then anything.

Hm, at this stage it feels like crowd funding to me.
That is not wrong but I for one would like the honesty for the developer to call it such.
The benefits of pre ordering don't seem interesting to me, and the two extra planes seem extraordinary expensive.
If that is to be the regular price for add-on planes  I will keep well away from this title.
Furthermore the information about the product is slight to say the least.
But it maybe that this series is not aimed at westerners at all, being situated at the east front. Does anybody know what pre ordering cost in Russia?
Looking at that intro film the title promises some Hollywood style encounters flashing mussels and such.
The thing that mesmerises me is the way the clouds are done that is simply the best i've ever seen it, remains of coarse the question will that be the representation in the actual release also.
After looking at this promo on a frame by frame basis it seems that there is quite al lot of after effect style effects, very beautiful as they are but mayhap not as hardcore as I would like it.
All in all I don't see a valid reason to pre order now, if they need money they should ask for it, but selling something that ( literally )  virtually doesn't exist I wont buy.
Further more this sort of titles are dropping in price very rapidly after release regularly, makes me decide to go for the late bird advantage this time around.
One can not hold that against a guy in my opinion, as they are continuing a slightly burned title, not that cod is bad I still enjoy it quit often, but the after sales standing taken by the publisher on COD was way below par.
May hap that they will select an other for the western release of the eastern front, in my opinion that would be a good idea, but still even then I'm no not sceptic but sure enough careful.

Cheers,

Niels

post-179-0-42066700-1374848223_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Fantastic-looking trailer, superbly cinematic! WAUW! - You really have some talented people working in your team. Bodes VERY well for the level of professionalism and dedication we can expect from the rest of your work.

I'd say that the plane models are pretty much the ones we get in-engine, whereas the rest is CGI effects rendered frame-by-frame. And some REALLY spectacular effects I may add!

To those who ask if the trailer is representative of game-play: I hope not! - We want to fly a flight sim, not a Hollywood movie. I'd forget all about BoS in an instant if it was in fact representative of game-play. Formation flying and dogfighting hopefully won't be at a distance of five meters :-) But the thing is: when you fly a great sim and you are in the middle of an intense dogfight, then you FEEL in the middle of the kind of action portrayed in the trailer. This clip really transmits the adrenaline rush of great simming action.

Off to pre-order the Premium Edition, without a shadow of a doubt. - With RoF it has been proven over and over again that this team delivers high quality. A trailer like this is something we have never seen in connection with a flight sim endeavour. Totally cinematic. It really takes things to a new level. Kudos.   

• Upvote 2

looks good to me - and the release dates for this year? 

knowing that this sim will be supported and updated as needed, purchasing it is an easy decision

I have also been burned by preordering in the past, especially sofware but I have confidence that 4-5 years from now I won't be able to regret this one...

Further more this sort of titles are dropping in price very rapidly after release regularly, makes me decide to go for the late bird advantage this time around.

Cheers,

Niels

If everyone waited for sims to go to the bargain bucket there wouldn't be anymore being developed.

Alot of niche games are having to follow a similar model, others are going the way of MMORG and some need to use kickstarters.

This all points to the fact that Niche Sims/games can only continue with such extra support. Everyone is entitlled to their own opinion of course but I just hope that one day we aren't all looking back to the 'good old days' where there was still a future for sims.

I also think we cannot continue to expect to pay say just £30 for a flight simulator (which is what we were paying years and years ago), how can they sell enough units to be profitable unless they start to target gamers with a more dumbed down system. most simmers are quick to point out flaws in FM or DM or Physics but at the same time want to pay next to nothing for all that work.

I ordered premium on faith and to help insure that the WW2 Combat Flight Sim remains viable.  I would like to hear from the team how close the spectacular trailer will be to the version we actually get.