Sign in to follow this  
BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part XXV

Are said pics to appear here as well? I absolutely refuse to use Facef*** or any other "social media" nonsense, you know. :unsure:

Edited by csThor
  • Upvote 2

Are said pics to appear here as well? I absolutely refuse to use Facef*** or any other "social media" nonsense, you know. :unsure:

I agree with your comments of face book and twitter, absolute waste of bloody time in my humble opinion. However, I also recognise that to capture the younger audience it is almost mandatory for businesses today.

I do use Instagram because I get a constant stream of photos of my grand kids, half of who live 1400ks away.

All photos and info will be published on the official forum, don't worry.

Thx, B6. I was by no means implying that you shouldn't use these platforms. I know that this is part of the PR these days. It's just not for me (and apparently others as well). ;)

Any gameplay vids or pics today?Thanks for the vid also

Wow, that was an outstanding short film! Very impressive work.  Really liked the inter-weaving of present day color and historical b&w footage.  The music was perfect.  Dates, facts, and figures all seemed correct.  The film showed what a passion the team will bring to the development of the sim.  There is no substitute for an eyes-on-the-ground leaders' recon like the team took.  It will certainly make for a better flight simulation.  Thanks guys!  Can't wait for the big announcement.  

• Upvote 2

Wow, that was an outstanding short film! Very impressive work.  Really liked the inter-weaving of present day color and historical b&w footage.  The music was perfect.  Dates, facts, and figures all seemed correct.  The film showed what a passion the team will bring to the development of the sim.  There is no substitute for an eyes-on-the-ground leaders' recon like the team took.  It will certainly make for a better flight simulation.  Thanks guys!  Can't wait for the big announcement.  

I whole heartedly agree...

Now I can not wait for next Friday update, US; E3 is over, the only other game venue is Comic-Con? (San Diego) Is this were he's at?

That's this weekend too...I'm 2 hours away from there; tell me it isn't so, other wise I'll go meet them..

Edited by Mastiff

I agree.. I really liked the music. It was very well done and never lagged or wavered.. The subtitles were kind of fast but that s what the pause button is for.. Well done.

Nice update, thank you!

I'm wondering what the big news / surprise could be?

My guess: They implement Occulus Rift  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Anyone else who want's to share a guess?

• Upvote 1

My guess:

Loft is in the States to secure blueprints for the P40, Mustang - all models- and P38 so he can add them for free in a patch.

;)

My guess:

Loft is in the States to secure blueprints for the P40, Mustang - all models- and P38 so he can add them for free in a patch.

;)

That would be awesome Lend Lease programs to be implemented? you think?

@Mastiff - Nope. Not at all.;)

Though presumably the P40 must be along fairly shortly assuming sales of stage 1 go well.

Interesting video. I'm surprised by the number of people visiting the war memorial.

Perhaps I'm in the minority because I love flight simulation for the two things it embodies which I enjoy:  flying and computers... 

I have to admit that today's update was a let down for me...  I was hoping to see new videos or screenshots that show the sim (even if they are similar to things we've already seen (can never get enough), or read some comments from the developers about FMs, DMs, or terrain modeling, etc...

History is ineresting, but in all actuality, I believe the majority of simmers are like myself:  technical people with a passion for flying.  Can I make a request that all future updates have at least a few screenshots (and preferably a video) from the simulator to augment days when there is a history-based vid?  Even just listening to the sounds is exciting.  I'd also love to hear about some of the technical programming challenges and how those difficulties are overcome or what is possible in the future given the technology.

Don't get me wrong, I think the developers are doing a FANTASTIC job keeping their customers involved and I LOVE the fact that they understand the intrinsic value of REGULAR, PREDICTABLE, updates to create a groundswell of excitement and consistency among the fan base.  My request is to further that excitement.  Based on what we've seen thus far, it will be impossible for anyone to grow "tired" of seeing more screenshots and videos, even if it IS in pre-alpha.

I do believe this simulator will be a worthy successor to IL-2 and I've been watching this stuff for ~26 years...

Question; is the ground war going to be as or at least somewhat detailed as, in Tanks popping there tops and ammo secondary explosions.

will there be Arty rocket salvos, neblewhafers? 

DM on Aircraft; will we see actual tearing of wings when they come off like in ROF?

Thanks for the Update .

A very interesting video.

Interesting video. I'm surprised by the number of people visiting the war memorial.

I was surprised too but the video showed a military parade as well so perhaps this was filmed on Victory Day in May.  Perhaps Zak could tell us?

I found it a really interesting video and would like to see more of this sort of thing.  I don't think anyone can fail to be impressed by the determination of the team to do the research.

S!

Thank you for the update  :)  Interesting video! Have a good trip LOFT and eagerly waiting for the big news  :biggrin:

I was surprised too but the video showed a military parade as well so perhaps this was filmed on Victory Day in May.  Perhaps Zak could tell us?

Exactly, the Victory day parade can also be seen in the video

• Upvote 1

Question; is the ground war going to be as or at least somewhat detailed as, in Tanks popping there tops and ammo secondary explosions.

Not sure about tops popping off - you'll probably agree that it's quite too fancy for a FLIGHT sim. Anyway - yeah, there'll be lots of ground vehicles functioning according to universal level physics, and they will explode when destroyed

will there be Arty rocket salvos, neblewhafers?

Sorry can't tell for sure at this moment.

DM on Aircraft; will we see actual tearing of wings when they come off like in ROF?

Yes, but of course designers and programmers paid attention to materials, so it will look logically different than in ROF.
  • Upvote 1

Great video but I was also hoping to see some more game footage.  Anyway to throw us a bone???

Great video. Very informative and nicely edited. Is the music going to be in the game? Liked the music a lot by the way  :biggrin:

Will you be making the menues an UI in a world war 2 theme as you did with ROF?

The hill with the big monument of Mother Rodina with big sword, is the hill called Mamayev kurgan...This hill changed hands six or more times...The air battles in Staligrad were mainly for Mamayev kurgan Hill, where Il-2 Shturmoviks, every day poured tons of bombs bulets and shels. Afther the battles, in 1944, of that hill, Mamayev  kurgan on 1 sq.meter (one square meter) were counted more then 1000 (one tousand) piesces of bones and shrapnels!

~S!

Edited by BG09

That also suprised me. I think this was on victory day. I have seen similar crowds is DC on memorial day. Looks like the Russians still have enormous amounts of patriotism! Great to see!

So, this new trend of not answering any questions... is it here to stay or what?

I have a feeling this "Big News" is going to answer lots of questions. I mean that's kinda the definition of Big News right? What I'm wondering is how much news is even worth hearing if the game is still in pre alpha. Its just that I don't want to wade through 200 posts of people talking about a feature that isn't present. But will be in release. But there is obviosly something coming that will answer some questions I have. So hopefully your Q's are also answered.

That also suprised me. I think this was on victory day. I have seen similar crowds is DC on memorial day. Looks like the Russians still have enormous amounts of patriotism! Great to see!

This video should remind us we really aren't all that different from each other. No matter how much we always try to prove otherwise.

I think the big news will be full blown multi player, immersion laden single player AND late war planes. Enough good news to make everyone happy. And unhappy. The perfect big news event. See you there!

If he's heading to the East Coast and near Virginia, the Military Aviation Museum is worth checking out. They have a collection of Russian aircraft - I-16, I-153, I-15, MiG-3, PO-2 and Yak3.

http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.org/ww2-aircraft.html

Most are still flying.

Not a good idea, actually.  The museum is being shut down and the aircraft are being sold.  The B-17 is already gone.

http://www.warbirdsnews.com/warbird-news/breaking-jerry-yagen-military-aviation-museum-collection-sale.html

I am really wondering what you guys have learned from your trip to Stalingrad/Volgograd.

All the b/w parts are well known to everyone who is interested in the battle of Stalingrad, the Zhukov vs. Paulus story is basic knowledge. All this info can be found easily on the net. And have been shown many times in documentaries which you guys must have seen several times.

Besides watching a military parade, going to a museum, visiting the ruins of that one well known appartment block (which is on photo of every tourist of Volgograd I guess), what differs your trip from others that makes it useful for the game?

What is the added value?

Did you visit areas that still looks as it was back in those days. To feel the atmosphere?

Have you guys interviewed soldiers, citizens who survived those horrifying days?

Do we get another YT vid with some more in depth information?