BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part XXIV

Hi everyone. There won't be a lot to read in today's blog note. It's a hot time for us these days, and summer sun and girls on the streets are even hotter, you know. Everyone of us in the team, with full dedication keeps proving that development goes first and all the rest gotta wait till weekend.

We're preparing some really big news for you, and we're excited just like as you possibly are. And since I'm short of time for a full-size blog note today, I have made this genuine improvisation for you

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

In my part of the world, the girls are wearing long coats and scarves right now. Thank you for the video. The bump mapping on the landscape looks fantastic. Enjoy the weekend!

In Spain we say.

"An image better than a thousand words"

Tx for the update.

Same proverb is used in Germany  :friends:

Regarding the update: "Bravo Bravo Bravo"   :yahoo:  :good:  :thank_you:

Thanks for the update. The terrain looks absolutely superb and I am really liking the effect from the scratches on the cockpit glass.

In Denmark we have another saying: "A video is better than a thousand pictures"  :biggrin:

PS: Is that an airfield that you are flying above?

PPS: Will there be some way to turn up the volume for the radiochatter only? I am having a hard time hearing what they say.

Edited by HenFre

The bump mapping on the landscape looks fantastic. Enjoy the weekend!

+1

Guys, the landscape is terrific!

Great video. The lighting is very well done.

PS: Is that an airfield that you are flying above?

PPS: Will there be some way to turn up the volume for the radiochatter only? I am having a hard time hearing what they say.

Yeah, there is one there. WIP of course.

And you can see a couple of villages too.

Possibly. We'l consider adding such option into the settings :)

It is better, the aircraft NOT to wear any markings, instead of wearing fake, funny, and stupid kind of markings, exposing the fear of developers of depicting the objective reality. 

In Spain we say.

"An image better than a thousand words"

Tx for the update.

And a video is better than a thousand pics, I would add!

Thank you

Great video.

Some things I liked:

Realistic horizon

Snow Mapping

109 cockpit looking good

No "fisheye" effect when panning 

What zoom level was the cockpit set at?  It appears just slightly aft of 1.0x  Maybe .9?  I would expect some "fisheye" there...

Well BG9,

The law of the land is the law of the land. This game is being developed in Russia, and Russia says 'No swastikas', so what can humble game developers do? The choice between leaving it blank and adding something in its place is just a question of taste.

Anyway, no doubt when it comes out you'll be able to slap a swastika on a usermade skin and off you go. Personally I think 109s just look a bit off without the historically correct swastika, but for me it's not a game breaker.

• Upvote 1

Getting even better from friday to friday :)

Awesome video. Cannot wait for the big news! I personally dont really care about swastikas:) I just love the german planes. And not because they had swastikas on them back then.

Winger

Great Vid guys.Would be great to c you guys landing/taking off in a vid.Have you guys got the landing lights and nav lights working yet?Keep up the great work

It is better, the aircraft NOT to wear any markings, instead of wearing fake, funny, and stupid kind of markings, exposing the fear of developers of depicting the objective reality. 

Do we really have to go through this again?

Have you guys got the landing lights and nav lights working yet?

I've seen them! So after some tweaking we may actually show them, but I can't promise it :)

• Upvote 1

You are right, Lord Vader.

• Upvote 1

I'll say this one more time, this is nothing about the developers fear of depicting the objective reality, this is about compliance with the law.

The question is a valid enough one - how far does historical accuracy go, where does politics come into the representation of history, etc - but those are not questions for a flightsim board as, again, there are laws that must be followed.

Thanks for making the time to keep the weekly updates coming in, especially in light of the outside distractions you mention.

Me, I love it, cant wait, thank you!

I'll say this one more time, this is nothing about the developers fear of depicting the objective reality, this is about compliance with the law.

The question is a valid enough one - how far does historical accuracy go, where does politics come into the representation of history, etc - but those are not questions for a flightsim board as, again, there are laws that must be followed.

We don't need law classes. We just mean that if you can't use it, just turn it off like classic IL2. Odd symbols are worse than a clean rudder because noone have ever seen it anywhere in books or movies. It seems fake or that you are flying for Germany in a parallel universe reality  :happy:

Edited by JG62Gielow

The "feeling" of be really flying it's amazing, and the sound make me feel inside the plane.. awsome!

Can't wait to see H-111 in the sky.

And a question... Will all this snow affect the aircraft behaviour in the ground????

• Upvote 1

Bravi, ben fatto!

In Italy:

"A beta release is better than a thousand videos" :biggrin:

In Denmark we have another saying: "A video is better than a thousand pictures"  :biggrin:

Edited by Topo
  • Upvote 2

This is another fantastic update:

The pit (wow i liked the way the seconds hand of the clock is moving, just like a true mechanical clock and not just one movement per second like the modern quartz ones, this is excellent attention to details!!!) , plane and landscape 3D are awesome, i also liked the forests and trees very much, (looks like the woods and forests are made of individual trees, right?)

Anyway 1CGS team, you rock! :good:

PS Is there any chance that you can give us details on the system you are using to run the simulator?

And a question... Will all this snow affect the aircraft behaviour in the ground????

Very good question!

Edited by RegRag1977

How do you pull those moves without the wings falling off? Gonna have to overcome some WWI limitations!

• Upvote 2

Oh that F4 looks great! Can't wait to get in that pit myself!

Edited by Kraut