Sign in to follow this  
II./JG27_Rich

The HBO IL-2 Movie Is On Youtube!!

I wish someone would make some English subs too for it  :unsure:

Edited by II./JG27_Rich

What's with the guy wearing those metal plates with the attached wires all over his body? LOVE the FW pit. Yes, I'm jealous.

Thanks for posting this. I wish I could understand it, but still,it's fun to see those who enjoy our hobby from around the world.

Edited by Robert

Have seen it with English subtitle somewhere, so I'm sure "its out there.."

Am I the only one who finds it just a tiny bit scary ;)  :ph34r:

Cheers Dakpilot

I use to fly against all of the Americans in Warclouds but I left that arena for Spits VS 109s because I couldn't stand the icons. I liked Spits VS 109s much better.

I use to fly against all of the Americans in Warclouds but I left that arena for Spits VS 109s because I couldn't stand the icons. I liked Spits VS 109s much better.

Do you think that guy with the FW cockpit flew with icons? LOL

Do you think that guy with the FW cockpit flew with icons? LOL

No. :biggrin: I know that quite a few of these guys are still very active in Cliffs Of Dover

Edited by II./JG27_Rich
  • Upvote 1

This documentary and PC Gamer's article about RoF got me into flying sims.

I wish that we could see a revival of flightsim community when BoS gets released and hopefully expanded.

Will we ever see same numbers of players in MP as in a game from last decade? ;)

Not so good for his image of

: :lol:

2lksg36.jpg

Sokol1

Edited by Sokol1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

What she says is actually very similar to what's in the captions.

What is great about that is he doesn't get mad and is not ashamed of his Granny , he also goes to make her a cup of tea when he finishes his sortie.

It is a funny scene in the documentary but it shows that this guy is not pretending to be as you call it a 'virtual ace'.

Just a normal guy being good at what he likes. You're just jealous ;)

S.

Spits vs 109s and Zeke vs Wildcat...best flight sim servers ever!

• Upvote 1

Spits vs 109s and Zeke vs Wildcat...best flight sim servers ever!

I agree with only one huge fault that the boss would never change.."No Base Straffing"...How are you going to play a propper Battle of Frane / Battle of Britain mission or any mission in North Africa without base raids?

Edited by II./JG27_Rich

i always prefered to fly in wonderwoman view but spits vs 109 was great, miss those times

I listened in the past about this but really never looked to it. Thanks for sharing :)

This is the very first thing I watched when I finally got HBO GO :)
Don't have time to translate all of it but can help with requested parts or something.

What's with the guy wearing those metal plates with the attached wires all over his body?

He is into realism very much.
In the document he is telling that he is considering doing a breath mask that will cut out oxygen when the plane is in big G. He is also connected into electricity 24V if I remember and each time he is shot/killed he go shocked. 

• Upvote 1

Just in case no-one noticed you can rent the Men @ War HBO documentary on iTunes now and it has English subtitles

No. :biggrin: I know that quite a few of these guys are still very active in Cliffs Of Dover

And I know some that are still flying 1946 twice a week. :)

Wheels

Old times of virtual fronts, full slots on hyperlobby. IL-2 War, Bellum, AFW, VR, etc. Great times...

il 2 movie is pretty movie. I have recently watched it. Its pretty cool movie. Finally it came on Youtube. Thanks for the link.

Been removed, at least from the UK.

Also removed in the US. Apparently it violated some terms garbage. 

Here in germany too....

29 minutes ago, Geronimo553 said:

Also removed in the US. Apparently it violated some terms garbage. 

Not sure why people always disparage copyright priviledges. People put time, effort and money into producing a product. They have a right to make money from those efforts and are protected by law.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Not sure why people always disparage copyright priviledges. People put time, effort and money into producing a product. They have a right to make money from those efforts and are protected by law.

The content in question is over ten years old. It's like saying the video is better left on a shelf never used instead of enjoyed. 

Edited by Geronimo553

Posted (edited)

Copyright is in effect for up to 75 years. It's up to the producer to decide on it's use. They own their product, it's a simple as that. Petition HBO to re-release it or put it on their website.

There used to be some really good Kevin Smith interview/concert clips on YouTube that he had removed. You know what I did? I bought the original disks because I respect his right to his content.

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Upvote 1

It's good that HBO have no rights to our memory, i remember some players from that movie in VEF, VOW, Bellum, etc. Found it on youtube, it was interesting to see how nicknames looks in real life:crazy: