Sign in to follow this  
=SE=NAVY

Analog inputs for trim?

Will I be able to program my trim pots to the trim adjustments in cockpit? 

Currently no axis can be programmed to trim. No word one way or the other if that will change.

Hope to hear something at some point about this feature.  Very important to those of us with cockpit controls.  A statement of intent would go a long way.

Since analog input has been a feature of most if not all sims produced in modern times - one would assume it will happen at some point.

they said they would consider it...later, laaaaaaaater

Thanks - posted right before me so I didn't see it. 

Consider it? 

Very disappointing answer for me.  Thanks for the update.

in fact IIRC Zak said it was not their plan at the moment but since everybody ask for it it may happen.

I don't get why they didn't do it right away, but anyway I am sure they will listen to the community

• Upvote 1

Yes it is vary important and should be fixed ASAP. Most of us have big money in our control setups and would like to get most out of them.

• Upvote 2

I hope they add it before full release.It doesn't make sense why they didn't implement it correctly.In ROF it's possible to bind it to axis and most of the aircraft in game have trim adjustable by wheel

• Upvote 1

In ROF it's possible to bind it to axis and most of the aircraft in game have trim adjustable by wheel

The only adjustable analog trim axis in ROF is the stabilizer, hence why it's also a feature here.

• Upvote 1

"Currently no axis can be programmed to trim."

???????????????????  It cannot be.. I got a trim wheel just for it

• Upvote 1

The only adjustable analog trim axis in ROF is the stabilizer, hence why it's also a feature here.

So is it game engine limitation? I wonder how hard it would be to implement it in BOS

I would not imagine it would be hard, as long as the dev's understand it's an important feature to some of us.    Not sure how many of us.  More than SLI?   Less than SLI?  Don't know.

Of course it has come up before - but the threads rather quickly die out.

Here's a box I built for trim control.   Uses very high end pots and a BU036 controller.  Incredible in both DCS P-51 and CoD-TF.  I'd like to be able to use this in BoS.  There are many other types of controllers that are used for the same purpose.

post-1149-0-04677800-1405180979_thumb.jpg

So is it game engine limitation? I wonder how hard it would be to implement it in BOS

They've mentioned the desired to implement it, so hopefully it will happen.

• Upvote 1

It's pretty simple after so many years .. if I cannot use this tool .. this very very important axis.. specifically I will be very disappointed on this sim..

WP_20140712_004_zps36ef3294.jpg

Edited by GOZR

Fly only Bf 109 - in this you can use this device to control "Stabilizer Adjust" - a kind of "trim". ;)

Sokol1

LOL  bad luck,  I rather fly the others :) 

Maybe instead add ability to set trim tabs on axis in Russian planes they should remove this ability for Bf 109 Stabilizer Adjust, why:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/767-thread-gather-your-suggestions/page-7?do=findComment&comment=135471

At least until a proper solution is find for all plane...

Sokol1

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

Luftwaffe pilots did use the stabilizer adjust to "tighten" turns a bit.  At least they thought they did.  Described in Knoke's and Lipferts books as I recall.  I think it's possible that is the reason the stabilizer was addressed separately in this sim.

That's not the issue Gunslinger, the issue is the speed and precision with which it can currently be applied. It's one thing to trim up to pull out of a high speed dive, it's a very different thing to apply full up trim and then full down trim over the course of 0.2 seconds in the middle of a tightly manuevering dogfight. I would like to be able to apply any relevant trim to an axis, but a maximum rate at which you can change it needs to go with that. There are some planes where this would not be appropriate however, the Pe-2 uses a 3 way switch for adjusting each trim. So the hat switch on my stick in that case is exactly how it should be.

• Upvote 1

Understand Hrothgar.   I don't want that either.   Historical control rates are what I'm also after. 

I also don't want trim on an axis confused with "exploit".    Other sims have done it - and not mucked it up.  Early 190 Anton's have two small switches which actuate an electric control - rather immediate but not a large range - 109's have a wheel, also pretty immediate - but neither should be .2 secs from max to min actuation.  1.5 secs?  2.0 secs?  Not sure.

Edit:  Just went back and re-read your bug report.    That fix is easy for the dev's.  Forbid the same DX axis from being assigned to combinations of controls.   Then give me my damn analog trim :)   Button trim is already porked.

Edited by TX-Gunslinger

So still no axis control on the trim? Kind of odd this isnt implemented. Its flightsim control 101 here.

Typical problems on my behalf as well. Got my trims set to a hatswtich and they do not seem to function at all :/ Does seem like something that should of been implemented early on.

Typical problems on my behalf as well. Got my trims set to a hatswtich and they do not seem to function at all :/ Does seem like something that should of been implemented early on.

Have all three types of trim set to hatswitch and it functions fine for me...MSFFB2

Cheers Dakpilot

Have all three types of trim set to hatswitch and it functions fine for me...MSFFB2

Cheers Dakpilot

People who have flight sim gear, I assume want to use it on a flight sim. Analog rotaries have been used for trims (rightfully so) for a long time. Why this is left out is very odd.

• Upvote 1

This setting result in funny effect on LaGG trim, but no result practical,  the inverted axis ( _joy0...) dont make effect...

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ynqm9t.jpg

Actually the trim response  seems  too sensitive to be used in common joystick axis - unless, perhaps, with Saitek Cessna Trim or multiturn potentiometers - a small movement result in many degrees change on trim tab.

Sokol1

Would like to be able to use Saitek Cessna Trim wheel on Aircraft that had trim wheel historically

Cheers Dakpilot