VR WIP - GUI Implemented in VR Beta - Cliffs of Dover Blitz/Desert Wings Tobruk

ATAG_Pattle

ATAG_Pattle

The GUI is now working in VR, including splash screen, home screen, selection screens and cockpit mouse interactions.

The minimap and 2D overlays are in good way.

As you can see in the video, there is some flickering in the virtual screen that needs to be fixed and will be.

We are getting closer to releasing the VR Beta to a selected group of participants... will be posting more details in the next few weeks hopefully.

Regards,

TFS Team

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8

• Buzzsaw pinned this topic
SquashmanMikeEH

That is such good news  - I have become so used to VR that I no longer enjoy flying a flat screen, so I have not flown any non VR sims for some time.

As Cliffs of Dover is such an excellent sim I am really looking forward to those desert skies in VR.

Also happy to be one of your beta testers (Pimax 8K-X and Reverb G2)

Great work guys and many thanks.

Edited by SquashmanMikeEH
  • Like 1

kissTheSky

I, on the other hand, do not have time to be a beta tester unfortunately, but will be installing Blitz and Tobruk the instant they’re available in VR :fly:.  They’re waiting in my steam library, patiently, waiting to be installed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

fjacobsen

Will VR become available for IL-2 COD, or do we need to have Tobruk as well for VR implementation ?

9./JG52_J-HAT
59 minutes ago, fjacobsen said:

Will VR become available for IL-2 COD, or do we need to have Tobruk as well for VR implementation ?

Blitz only owners will get it too. As well as all the other improvements: 4k textures, trees, truesky (clouds), larger render bubble etc. 

(Don‘t have the posts at hand but it‘s been stated by Buzzsaw a few times.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fjacobsen said:

Both games will be updated for free when the gold release patch is released.

However, anyone who wants to participate in the VR Beta test will need both games... we want to test VR with both games prior to releasing the final version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

fjacobsen
5 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Both games will be updated for free when the gold release patch is released.

However, anyone who wants to participate in the VR Beta test will need both games... we want to test VR with both games prior to releasing the final version.

How to participate in the Beta test ?

I have IL-2 COD Blitz and plan to get Tobruk, but not without having VR available either as release version or by participating in the Beta test.

52 minutes ago, fjacobsen said:

How to participate in the Beta test ?

I have IL-2 COD Blitz and plan to get Tobruk, but not without having VR available either as release version or by participating in the Beta test.

We will post an invitation to the community to participate when we have everything in place.  ✌️

The test has to be for users of both games, because of course, quite a few new aircraft which were added in TOBRUK and we will ask participants to test all those new externals/cockpits in VR for any flaws or bugs.

buster_dee

So glad Team is pushing on with this. Very nice (btw, that music still blows me away). Mike EH, just bought G2 (and 3080ti). Very clear, but FoV is disappointing. How does the Pimax compare? Don't want to clutter thread, so please pm me if you are willing to share some comments.

13 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

We will post an invitation to the community to participate when we have everything in place.  ✌️

Im in :) !

• Like 1

343KKT_Kintaro

Looks fantastic, thank you Team Fusion.

As I already said at some point in the past (cannot remember when), I won't spend my gold in VR equipment until "Cliffs of Dover" is VR-compatible. At the moment a good sim is a sim you play with a TrackIR 😝

• Like 1

E69_Chipi
On 11/13/2021 at 8:56 PM, ATAG_Pattle said:

The GUI is now working in VR, including splash screen, home screen, selection screens and cockpit mouse interactions.

The minimap and 2D overlays are in good way.

As you can see in the video, there is some flickering in the virtual screen that needs to be fixed and will be.

We are getting closer to releasing the VR Beta to a selected group of participants... will be posting more details in the next few weeks hopefully.

Regards,

TFS Team

Please, Please, Please.... Change the cursor arrow for something else DCS style.....

Varibraun

I too am really excited about VR now on the near horizon!  I purchased CLOD all those years ago and was so disappointed and left in frustration.  I never saw the great work TF brought to the table to salvage it because by the time I heard their story, I had already moved to VR only. 

Purchased Blitz and DW simply to support the team and with just some glimmer of hope to maybe see it all in VR someday.  Thank you TF...I can't wait!! :salute:   

• Like 1

I think this may be relevant to this posting" In VR will be at last able to lean over & see the compass on all the British aircraft? I think there have been "work arounds"in the past in CloD , but I've never been able to get them up & working. Over at GB BoX it is east to see the compass, though not always easy to see/understand what it is trying to tell you, but still....🤔

=420=Syphen

Looks great. I bought Blitz and Tobruk to support the team but have hardly touched them while waiting for VR.  I'm really looking forward to diving into them once I can do so in VR. 

RAAF492SQNOz_Steve
Just now, =420=Syphen said:

Looks great. I bought Blitz and Tobruk to support the team but have hardly touched them while waiting for VR.  I'm really looking forward to diving into them once I can do so in VR. 

Me 2 :drinks:

I already had Blitz because I owned Clod but I've just picked up Tobruk in anticipation of the VR support. Is it going to be an open invitation for the beta or are you sending out specific invites?

I am currently playing on a G2 but I also have a Rift CV1 in the cupboard that I could pull out for some testing.

How can I try to become "one of a selected group of participants" for VR beta? I got a 2070 super with oculus quest 2 and you might want to consider having lower end gpu cards like mine in the beta and not only the super cards 3090s with reverb g2.

On 11/26/2021 at 3:07 PM, -47-Uncle_Bob said:

How can I try to become "one of a selected group of participants" for VR beta? I got a 2070 super with oculus quest 2 and you might want to consider having lower end gpu cards like mine in the beta and not only the super cards 3090s with reverb g2.

We will post an invitation to the public on this forum and others when we have the Beta in a condition to test publicly.

There is no point in giving access when the Visual Update Alpha, (which includes VR) is in a semi-finished state and when TF Staff can see themselves where improvements need to be made.  We are working through correcting those obvious improvements.  (which are mostly to do with other elements, not necessarily VR, but we want the whole Update working well before we present it)

The Beta will be to find those little issues which are missed in the Alpha testing and only come out when the Update is in large scale use and there are a lot of eyes on it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Mysticpuma

Buzzsaw, thanks for the reply. Just out of interest, it's taken quite a long time to get to "Visual Update Alpha, (which includes VR) is in a semi-finished state" which would likely mean we aren't going to be seeing this update until late next-year. I have no issues with that, I also know you can't tell us a release date as that is in the remit of 1C but given it's in "Semi-Alpha" this would likely mean;

Semi-Alpha, fixes, revised Alpha, fixes, Alpha testing, fixes, Alpha retesting, further fixes, Beta (in-house) testing, fixes, Beta (in-house) further testing, further fixes, request for beta testers for VR, testing, fixes,  Beta retesting, further fixes, Release Candidate 1, testing, further fixes, Release Candidate 2, testing, further fixes, Gold - released.

Looking at that expected testing, is it fair to say this wont be appearing until at least mid-2022 to late 2022?

Not being antagonistic, just asking if that is a fair representation of the testing to be done?

Cheers, MP

9./JG52_J-HAT

And what‘s up with 1C holding up the announcement of the next module? It‘s been months we‘ve been waiting on them.
Is this still the case or is it due to TFS wanting to get the update out before taking the next step (which imho would be a sensible / understandable decision)?

Also not being antagonistic, but the feeling that 1C might be holding this game back more than it should - which it shouldn’t, on the contrary, just to be clear; and as if we hadn’t enough difficulties - is a bit concerning in my view.

Edited by 9./JG52_J-HAT

DD_Arthur
3 hours ago, 9./JG52_J-HAT said:

Also not being antagonistic, but the feeling that 1C might be holding this game back more than it should - which it shouldn’t, on the contrary, just to be clear; and as if we hadn’t enough difficulties - is a bit concerning in my view.

You think 1C are “holding this game up”?

Huge lol!😃

• Like 1

9./JG52_J-HAT
59 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

You think 1C are “holding this game up”?

Huge lol!😃

Based on our last info, aren‘t they holding back the announcement for the next installment? And wouldn‘t announcing the next installment increase people‘s interest in the game and give everyone something to look forward in the longer run? 

DD_Arthur
1 hour ago, 9./JG52_J-HAT said:

Based on our last info, aren‘t they holding back the announcement for the next installment? And wouldn‘t announcing the next installment increase people‘s interest in the game and give everyone something to look forward in the longer run? 

Yes, I believe announcing the next installment would generate increased interest in the game and give everyone the 31.6 average users something to look forward to.

I have no idea why no announcement has been made yet but the idea that 1C would be holding it up seems highly unlikely.   However, I do understand that pronouncements by TFS are extremely 'elastic' and while the tone of these may infer something is about to happen, the actuality will often take months and months or even years and years to pass before the fruits of their hard work arrive on our PC's.

In the meantime; perhaps TFS could do some sort of PR - even if just to give the regular guys a bone to play with? 

What happened to the regular updates Pattle would be bringing to us? 

Dagwoodyt
2 hours ago, 9./JG52_J-HAT said:

and prompt numerous inquires to which no answers are forthcoming   🙂

Edited by Dagwoodyt