Developer Diary 299 - Discussion

Han

• 1CGS
2 minutes ago, Han said:
Dear Friends,

The cold November is here already and we continue working on our projects. An important milestone for the Battle of Normandy is getting near - its map will be ready to a degree that will allow us to begin the development of Pilot's Career for this theater (meaning that settlements, airfields, roads, rivers and forests will be there). It will be too early to share the screenshots of the map itself at this point since the work on its visual part - texturing and finalizing landscape features, coast and additional detail - happens at the last stage of development according to our workflow.

The work on various naval and ground units for BoN continues

The German heavy fighter Ju 88 C-6 and the legendary US fighter P-51B-5 are getting close to release.

There is good progress in Flying Circus Vol. II project is well. The German two-seater recon/strike airplane DFW C.V is the closest one for the release

In addition, there is a lot of WWI-era ground vehicles incoming

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 2

• Han pinned this topic
Alexander9822

What has been holding up the release of the drop tanks for the BF109. Iirc it was nearly ready for release a couple of patches ago but since then there has been hardly any mention of it? 

• Upvote 3

ilmavoimat

Me410 looks awesome! Nothing on the Dak though? Come on chaps give us a teaser!😁

No105_Swoose

Thanksgiving (US holiday) is about two weeks early this year! 😉  So much to be thankful and grateful for in this DD update!  Keep up the great work guys!

Holy Schnikes! That's a whole lot of DD. Good job, there is something for everyone in it.

RNAS10_Oliver

The screenshots look great. Any static aircraft to go along with the Great War vehicles?

I would prob dip my toes into ground vehicles if I could get my hands on that Humber or an Daimler. 😄

Might have been answered before but is the Normandy map going to have Lee On Solent featured as an airfield?

sevenless
7 minutes ago, No105_Swoose said:

Thanksgiving (US holiday)

I think that might be a very good date for the P51-B/C release. Let´s see.

• Upvote 1

IckyATLAS

Excellent. Progress on all front.

V1 is coming. Any hint to V2, as they were launch bases in Belgium, France and Holland around 1944-45.

Even though the dev diaries never fail to surprise me, this one actually caught me even more offguard than usual.

Although there still seems quite some work need to be done before the final release of BoN and FC.II, I lately got the impression that the developement of these two products was in a far earlier stage. Hearing about all these new planes right around the corner and to see all these detailed static objects and ground vehicles really made my day.

Big THANK YOU to Jason and the whole team for being best no matter of what the odds are.

Edited by Fritz_X
  • Upvote 5

Wow.

More progress than I expected... I think that the only thing that hasn't been touched on recently is the timeline for expanding DVD to existing aircraft (and maybe if other 410 variants than the BK-5 are planned... I'm still very curious about that).

....also, the hint about next week. The one frustration I have is not being able to pre-order more things (Lisunov Li-2, IAR-80, IAR-81, WWI Collector planes, Collector vehicles, additional models)... I know it is good practice to hold off pre-ordering until development is far enough along! But still! I want to give this team more money.

• Like 2

JG1_Hotlead_J10

Great news! That DFW looks much prettier than its ROF predecessor. Lovely detailing! And those WW1 ground objects look super cool as well. 😎 Thank you 1C team! 😄

• Upvote 4

=gRiJ=Roman-

Stunning pics!!!

I have a question.... are all these new vehicles 'interactive' with TC as AI? I mean can they be used as targets, for instance?

Thanks

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-

50 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Where is Asgar? :)

grocery shopping 😄 

my beautiful baby, it's finally here! I can't wait to use that 50mm on ...anything really

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Wow!!! So much stuff coming!!! The pace of release of new things is staggering.   Business must be good and I’m loving it!!!spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

BornToBattle

Amazing! But how do you top each dev update? Simple…

HAVE THE STUDIO GO PUBLIC WITH STOCK OFFERING!

Oh well, just a thought. Super good stuff once again in the pipeline (as always)! The FC II is great and that V-1 caught my attention. Can’t wait to pull up alongside it in VR.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

616Sqn_Tyggz
27 minutes ago, ww2fighter20 said:

Great DD.

Since the FDT ship is being developed and was based on the LST is the LST also planned?

This?

Dev blog #280

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/uploads/monthly_2021_05/Ships_01.jpg.27fa8b0420bbdd1f6b924ae5c445b22c.jpg

Edited by 616Sqn_Tyggz

Rapierarch

Ehm, clouds. Fluffy nice beautiful FPS friendly coulds. When ?

I see it in the backgrounds of diary screenshots but I still see the current clouds there too. 

• Upvote 1

[1Tac]DisCHQ
7 minutes ago, BornToBattle said:

Oh well, just a thought. Super good stuff once again in the pipeline (as always)! The FC II is great and that V-1 caught my attention. Can’t wait to pull up alongside it in VR.

kinda off topic but, the moment your company goes public is the moment your company is doomed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Duce_de_Zoop
17 minutes ago, 616Sqn_Tyggz said:

This?

Dev blog #280

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/uploads/monthly_2021_05/Ships_01.jpg.27fa8b0420bbdd1f6b924ae5c445b22c.jpg

god i cannot wait to strafe these things

18 minutes ago, BornToBattle said:

Would you really want this studio going public?? Investors aren't gonna be satisfied with a small, niche business model, investors demand continuous growth. I don't want to see the team being forced to dumb down the game to expand the audience, or abandoning work on BoX to develop a more arcadey game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 13

6./ZG26_Custard

Well, I never thought we'd be able to overfly Stonehenge in Great Battles but we finally will 👍🏻

proxy-image (3).gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Upvote 4

Missionbug

Wow, that was a lot.:cool:

Great to see the modules are progressing on all fronts, thank you very much for the update, really appreciated.:drinks:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Like 1

I was hoping to know the name of the 2 collector tanks.
It's not the case, but this DD is quality so I pass the towel for this time. 😶

😄

BladeMeister

Good one chaps! Everything is looking sparkly, new and ready for release, except the 410. A bit more attention is needed there but she is coming along nicely. Keep up the good work!

S!Blade<><

• Jason_Williams unpinned this topic