Rocket Science Questions

Beebop

Q1.  What is the range of the Katyusha Russian Rocket Truck?  My research indicates that it is somewhere between 5.5km and 8.47km in real life. 

Q2.  What is the range of the Sd.Kfz 251 Wurfrahmen?  My research indicates that it is somewhere between 1.9km and 2.2km in real life. 

Q3.  Do those ranges hold true in the game?

Q4.  If using an Attack area MCU and the terrain is moderately uneven, (no mountains between shooter and target), what height should the MCU be set at for best results?

Q4a.  If on completely flat terrain is there a minimum height that should be used for the MCU?

Q5. Will land based rocket trucks fire on ship based rocket boats and vice-versa?

Q6.  I am recreating the logic used from a QMB that used Katyusha rocket trucks.  Is that the best logic to use or is there something better?  See attached.

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Rocket Science_1.jpg

OK, I finally found some info.

In particular, Thad's 'GroundUnitReference' table  from March 2020 that shows the range of all artillery.  Thanks Thad!

IckyATLAS in his post above that one gave me some logic info that may well help.  Thanks IA.

Finally I found Sketch's informative "Demonstrating Artillery" Video.  Thanks Sketch, you always make the best (IMO) tutorial vids for the ME.

Sorry to have taken anyone's time up.

AEthelraedUnraed
19 hours ago, Beebop said:

Q4.  If using an Attack area MCU and the terrain is moderately uneven, (no mountains between shooter and target), what height should the MCU be set at for best results?

Q4a.  If on completely flat terrain is there a minimum height that should be used for the MCU?

The artillery should be able to see the Attack Area MCU icon, but I don't think there's a specific height requirement.

19 hours ago, Beebop said:

Q6.  I am recreating the logic used from a QMB that used Katyusha rocket trucks.  Is that the best logic to use or is there something better?  See attached.

Depending on what you want, it's valid logic. The deleting and spawning would work well if the mission is about attacking the Katyusha. If you use them to create explosions near a certain area, you may want to move the CLOSER and FURTHER MCU's to about halfway the target and the katyusha and adjust their ranges accordingly.

Also, you could remove the Force Complete MCU since you're deleting the katyusha anyway.

20 hours ago, Beebop said:

Q1.  What is the range of the Katyusha Russian Rocket Truck?  My research indicates that it is somewhere between 5.5km and 8.47km in real life. 

Yes

Q2.  What is the range of the Sd.Kfz 251 Wurfrahmen?  My research indicates that it is somewhere between 1.9km and 2.2km in real life. 

Yes

Q3.  Do those ranges hold true in the game?

Yes

Attack MCU height doesn't matter, but angle at which the vehicle can deploy their guns do matter. Guns do not require line of sight. See this video:

no

Q5. Will land based rocket trucks fire on ship based rocket boats and vice-versa?

I'm not certain, but most likely. I've always just used a 'attack ground' attackarea mcu

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Rocket Science_1.jpg'

Use "On Spawn Report" with the attack area MCU to make the rocket trucks fire.