Wing shedding should be prioritized over fuel system rework

US93_Low

There’s really no good excuse to allow such a monumental issue to keep dragging on while your product languishes. After massive customer (and apparently employee) backlash you actually glanced at the control surfaces issue and found/fixed a bug within two weeks. Inexcusable to take this long and it’s all management related. The 1C team is an very talented bunch, but certain person(s) in management are so incapable of adaptation that they’d rather blame everyone around them rather than take an L and fix the product. 

If you’d fix wingsshedding the community would be mostly quiet and content, even with many FMs that need revisited (and on that note it’s equally inexcusable to run a “flight sim” and never review the flight models).

Its funny how once you addressed the .50 cal issue and part of the DM issue (control surfaces) you improved community morale substantially and loosened wallets up a bit. It’s like your customers are adults and know what they’re talking about and what they want, and perhaps you should respect their opinions more.

We already have a handful of realistic tournaments, and with any luck we could get some more exposure to mainstream flight sim community. I fly with some youtubers, couple of which are focused on pve, but a big one is focused solely on pvp. Improving your game so that one guy would take it more seriously could see many many more copies sold. 

A *certain* person in management once told his customers in a discord chat that the customers are his PR people. That he needs us to sell copies. Well, I *could* do that if you actually fixed the primary problem with your product: wing shedding.

No one wants to hop into the game and constantly die from wings just collapsing after 2 bullets. 

You’ve spent 10 years (ish) pitting your customers against each other, using good faith against the reasonable person. It’s gross. If you want to compete with other products on the market with your smaller team and limited resources, you have to learn how to prioritize big problems.

Wing shedding (and the late control surfaces issue)  is the biggest problem holding this product back. It should have been top priority a year ago. It’s time to fix it now. 

edit: Forgot to add - I probably won’t respond much or at all on this thread. I made my point and I think I’m right based on experience. Feel free to disagree in comments but keep in civil amongst each other. We’re on the same side trying to get 1C to fix what we know is broken.

Edited by US93_Low
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

1PL-Husar-1Esk

I understand OP , this is what many FC players think in the bottom, no one has the guts to say what he truly thinks openly or just don't care as OP.

• Thanks 1

DD_Arthur
3 hours ago, US93_Low said:

I made my point and I think I’m right based on experience

Have you ever considered that - based on experience - you might be full of shit?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 4

J5_Klugermann

Are control jams really fixed ?  Lost 2 7Fs in rather quick sucession last thurs with all surfaces locked and nothing in technochat.  Tried all controls in both instances as I slowly spiraled from 3500m unable to bail out.

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

I'll reiterate again what we need to "fix" this. We need tracks of the alleged issue happening and on what planes? Is it different on each plane? Not videos or anecdotes, but tracks please. I can't say this enough. Tracks are what we use to solve problems.

As I've said many times. Attacking me and ascribing sinister motives to my work isn't going to solve anything. Only technical evidence of a problem that we can analyze.

Many people want many different things worked on. Do you know how many people contact me about drop tanks missing from WWII and call me an evil jerk because they don't exist?  We do our best to get to each one as fast as we can. it's not easy for me to have to prioritize things I know people want because like you, I want everything done yesterday, but I work with a small group of developers and engineers each with different specialties and skill levels. Not so easy to just say do this or that and it's done tomorrow. And that's right, I have over a decade of making these products work and like all the other challenges we've faced will eventually solve this one too. Stop attacking ME and attack the problem by showing me concrete evidence in the form of tracks and I can look for maybe a clearer solution or cause then making it part of a general damage review.

We don't have time to play MP in the same quantity you have where this problem seems to be more prevalent if I am to believe the reports compared to my own SP and MP testing. 

Jason  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 9

• Jason_Williams locked this topic