Flanders in Flames Fall 2021

JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

S! All

Getting ready for The event.    Recent updates to fix the Damage Model in Flying Circus means we will try using FC for the event. While RoF offers more planes and maps, FC is seen as the future of WW I flight sims.

Calendar will be posted soon. Expect a test run in two weeks.  

A sample mission is running on the JG1 server.

Plane set is not set in stone at this time.  Info will be updated very soon,,  Please visit the sign up page if you want to participate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

J99_Himmelhund

I think the decision to let FiF take place in FC is very, very sad. The event last year with the old Planes with RoF was a lot of fun.

We paid for FC Vol.2 a long time ago, but it's still not complete.

The existing plane set is far too one-sided in favor of the Entente.

Halberstadt CL vs Bristol Fighter. Entente fighters that can carry bombs, but the Germans can't.

A much too good Camel that was a pilot killer in reality….

I don't want to go on listing. But I have to realize that I don't feel like playing FC anymore.

• Like 2

[ER]Nordseefischer

Me, and 2 other teammates will register soon. I think it`s a good idea to change  the event from RoF to FC, because FC would be further developed.

Thank you for this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

E69_julian57

Hello, registered,
I am Spanish speaking, and bad English.
I usually fly with the Jastaspanien, and we do missions against the AI, we are newbies, but I would like to fly on a server and get some experience.
I'll talk to them and see what they think.
Regards.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Stab/JG1_Klaiber
On 10/5/2021 at 6:52 AM, [ER]Nordseefischer said:

Me, and 2 other teammates will register soon. I think it`s a good idea to change  the event from RoF to FC, because FC would be further developed.

Thank you for this.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:06 AM, E69_julian57 said:

Hello, registered,
I usually fly with the Jastaspanien, and we do missions against the AI, we are newbies, but I would like to fly on a server and get some experience.
Regards.  

Hi All,

When you sign up for the event, definitely make sure to post on the Registration thread within the FIF forums: https://forum.jg1.org/topic/9257-fif-2021-fall-campaign-registration-flying-circus/

This way, I'll know to assign you to a team.

Speaking of teams, we currently have 43 pilots registered from 8 different squadrons, as well as a few independent pilots!  I'll post team assignments soon, though registrations will stay open throughout the event.

The plane-set should be posted soon.

On 10/5/2021 at 4:50 AM, J99_Himmelhund said:

I think the decision to let FiF take place in FC is very, very sad. The event last year with the old Planes with RoF was a lot of fun.

I definitely respect your feelings, and can understand the frustration.

Hopefully, over the next few months, we'll see Flying Circus brought to a point where you could be more happy with it's development.  And of course, if FIF is going on, we'd love to have you fly with us.

Edited by Stab/JG1_Klaiber
  • Upvote 2

J2_Drookasi

Thank you so much JG1 for bringing the campaign in FC. Jasta 2 will be there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stab/JG1_Klaiber

Hi All,

The plane-set has been posted. The objectives have been posted as well. However, more details (and images) regarding the objectives will be coming soon.

On one final note, there were slight changes to the "odd" and "even" maps. Just an FYI, in case someone downloaded them:

https://forum.jg1.org/forum/73-fif-tournament-information/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/5/2021 at 10:06 AM, E69_julian57 said:

Hello, registered,
Regards.  

You guys will have lots of fun!!. I hope we can fly together!!

• Upvote 2

Stab/JG1_Klaiber

Indeed!  It should be a great time. I'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by Stab/JG1_Klaiber

Stab/JG1_Klaiber

Hi All,

Teams have been posted: https://forum.jg1.org/topic/9252-fif-2021-fall-campaign-teams-fc/

Registration, however, is still open and will be throughout the entire event.

Most of the Team planning will happen on Discord.  Additionally, this is where the server password will be distributed on mission days.  So, if you haven't done so already, please join the FIF Discord channel.

https://discord.gg/HVmET2AmbZ

Thanks!

• Upvote 1