Switching Planes

IckyATLAS

Is there a way to have the player plane changed in game.

This would allow in the same mission to fly different airplanes.

Not in a single-player mission.

You could create a multiplayer "Dogfight" type mission and have the player run it using the in-game server with the Available from internet option cleared so the server is not listed in the multiplayer server list. The mission starts for the player as soon as they click the Continue button in the New Dogfight Server Settings screen. The player could then choose one or more planes from one or more player spawn locations.

• Like 2

This ^^ I've done it before with some of my 'single player' training missions, that weren't single player so that you could select different planes.

• Upvote 1

On 9/24/2021 at 10:04 PM, Sketch said:

This ^^ I've done it before with some of my 'single player' training missions, that weren't single player so that you could select different planes.

Interesting. Does it mean that if you create a multiplayer single mission it will work. 

By the way the Mission Status parameter is completely unclear for me.

When I open it I have a kilometer long list of choices, but what does all those mean. What impact in the game.

14 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

Interesting. Does it mean that if you create a multiplayer single mission it will work. 

You are creating a multiplayer "Deathmatch" type mission but you are the only one that can play it (assuming you clear the Available from internet option when you create the server in-game).

14 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

By the way the Mission Status parameter is completely unclear for me.

When I open it I have a kilometer long list of choices, but what does all those mean. What impact in the game.

I assume you are referring to the Mission Type parameter in the Mission Properties dialog. The only valid choices for you are Single, Cooperative, Deathmatch, and Campaign. As far as I know, all the other choices are for the careers.

• Thanks 1