Jump to content

DLC tanks


TONebdon
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi, not sure if it's in the dev's plans, but we do need some more tank designs ie  english and maybe some german or french and russian variants as well even as DLC's, when BON drops there will be lack of accuracy on the battlefield? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NoelGallagher

there's no lack of accuracy 

becasue tank crew clash at prokhorovka as title says set on eastern front 1943 at the prokhorovka sector specifically

BON is BON

and there will be AI (none player) tank that appropriate for it's time 

 

BTW i want western front version of tank crew also

churchill, cromwell, jumbo sherman,hellcat,wolverine 

kingtiger,tiger E,panther A,G,stug,jagd panzer

it would be awesome

then we can simualte alsmot entire western front along with the already existing BOBP map

from 1944 normandy and market garden to 1945 battle of bulge and ramagen

or even cologne tank duel

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JV44HeinzBar

S!,

For me, the missing Stug III is a big deal. This SPG was a major player in both fronts. The next SPG would be the jagpanzer/jagpanther. I get the idea of the Ferdi, but it was relatively rare throughout the compared to other German SPGs.  I posted a poll earlier to see what players would want for TC2 or DLC. Please see there:

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tobi_der_Ossi

 

And finally, we have agreed on two new Collector Tanks for Tank Crew and the Great Battles series. Work on them has begun and we hope to have them ready for Spring 2022. As usual, DigitalForms will make them and we are sure they will be amazing models. I will be announcing which tanks they are soon and offering them for pre-order. Both tanks fit within the established Kursk timeframe for the existing map to help define this battle a bit more. The Tank Crew user base continues to grow and I hope these new tanks are a sign of even more content for Tank Crew in the future.

 

 

I realy hope this two DLC Tanks will be Stug III Ausf. G and Su85. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CountZero
1 hour ago, Tobi_der_Ossi said:

 

And finally, we have agreed on two new Collector Tanks for Tank Crew and the Great Battles series. Work on them has begun and we hope to have them ready for Spring 2022. As usual, DigitalForms will make them and we are sure they will be amazing models. I will be announcing which tanks they are soon and offering them for pre-order. Both tanks fit within the established Kursk timeframe for the existing map to help define this battle a bit more. The Tank Crew user base continues to grow and I hope these new tanks are a sign of even more content for Tank Crew in the future.

 

 

I realy hope this two DLC Tanks will be Stug III Ausf. G and Su85. 

My bet is on churchill iv and stug iii.

 

Im disapointed as i hoped they gona go for competitive tank to tiger, they miss oportunity to make TC MP playable by not going for something like is-2 , so atleast reds have tank to face tigers. To me if they limit 2 collectable tanks to same timeline of TC its not better then what we have now, desert of MP where only action is player vs ai static targets.

 

reds dont need more tanks to define prokhorovka battle, they need tank that can 1 v 1 tiger or panthers, game is not made for hords of soviet tanks to attack advanced but low numbered axis tanks. In MP you have low numbers of soviet tanks go after same or bigger numbers of axis advanced tanks that dont have any relaiability or lack of fuel problems they had.

 

Why not make option so if i spawn in T-34 i can have option to spawn with 10-20 or more ai tanks under my comand (like clod have for airplanes), and when my tank is disabled i can just switch to onother tank in my platoon and dont have to start from spawn point, then its more like defining battle of prokhorovka for what we have in MP. I would pay for that first then one more soviet tank that cant match tigers or ferdinands, for me its skip if thy limit that extra tank to BoP time.

Edited by CountZero
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tobi_der_Ossi

I also think they will go Stug and Churchill. Since than the lineup is even. Each nation has 2 Mediums, 2 heavys and 2 spg. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JV44HeinzBar

S!

Just a small clip of what Jason posted in a recent update:  ..."And finally, we have agreed on two new Collector Tanks for Tank Crew and the Great Battles series. Work on them has begun and we hope to have them ready for Spring 2022. As usual, DigitalForms will make them and we are sure they will be amazing models. I will be announcing which tanks they are soon and offering them for pre-order. Both tanks fit within the established Kursk timeframe for the existing map to help define this battle a bit more. The Tank Crew user base continues to grow and I hope these new tanks are a sign of even more content for Tank Crew in the future."

 

Let the guessing begin on the 2 new collector tanks :) I'm guessing the Stug III will be one of them.

 

HB

 

Edited by JV44HeinzBar
added quotes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Avimimus

That'd be fun.

 

I'm hoping for a StuG - I suppose that the T-60/T-70 and BT-7 would be out of place? I lack judgment btw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voidhunger

Stug G and Churchill IV, Valentine MK III or Su76.

Churchill will be interesting with QF 6-pounder gun, but this version was probably not present at the battle of kursk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG27_Steini
9 hours ago, CountZero said:

reds dont need more tanks to define prokhorovka battle, they need tank that can 1 v 1 tiger or panthers, game is not made for hords of soviet tanks to attack advanced but low numbered axis tanks. In MP you have low numbers of soviet tanks go after same or bigger numbers of axis advanced tanks that dont have any relaiability or lack of fuel problems they had.

 

 

 

Technically you are right here. On many servers Tiger and Panther are not or less available while T34, Sherman outclass Panzer III and IV. So often, there is an axis advantage  that noone can deny but allies do have their adavantages too. T34 is the quickest tank and that is in many situations the greated advantage because you just outrun anything other. When Tiger and Panther are not available the advantage is slightly on the allied side. This was the case many times i played on online servers and really was impressed how fast T34 outrunned axis positions.

Edited by JG27_Steini
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tobi_der_Ossi
1 hour ago, Voidhunger said:

Stug G and Churchill IV, Valentine MK III or Su76.

Churchill will be interesting with QF 6-pounder gun, but this version was probably not present at the battle of kursk.

Churchill Mk IV was present ij the Battle of Prokorovka. A Churchill MK IV would give us also finally a second Allied Vehicle for the Western front together with the Sherman III (M4A2). Stug3G would be a good Allrounder in nearly all settings. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

StuG IIIG please!!! And I'll hope the other would be something that could be used on both fronts!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

moustache
11 hours ago, Tobi_der_Ossi said:

And finally, we have agreed on two new Collector Tanks for Tank Crew and the Great Battles series. Work on them has begun and we hope to have them ready for Spring 2022. As usual, DigitalForms will make them and we are sure they will be amazing models. I will be announcing which tanks they are soon and offering them for pre-order. Both tanks fit within the established Kursk timeframe for the existing map to help define this battle a bit more. The Tank Crew user base continues to grow and I hope these new tanks are a sign of even more content for Tank Crew in the future.

 

where we could find this interview please? i don't find it...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tobi_der_Ossi
1 minute ago, moustache said:

 

where we could find this interview please? i don't find it...

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG27_Steini
2 minutes ago, moustache said:

 

where we could find this interview please? i don't find it...

Jasons Briefing Room

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CCG_Pips

Happy about that news and will surely buy the two collectors but .......but ........Jason, do you know, you made two West European maps?  Do you know, we would like to create western front battles ?

 

Why do not launch a set of tanks ?  with US and British tanks/AFV for 1944/1945 period ?  What Allies can do on Normandy map with ONLY the M4A2 facing Tigers and Panthers ???

 

This is absolutly incomprehensible ...........did you, just once a time tried to play online servers with Tanks ?? MAY BE YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND.

 

More of that: your announce concerns tanks from the Kursk period, so if we understand correctly, there will not be, for example a T-34/85 ..........

 

Even on Soviet side that we can be satisfied with number of armored vehicles and by the choice offered, we have nothing serious to oppose to the Tigers and other Panther .... the SU-152 is just totally unable fighting, except from ambushes .... and with a big trouble ........ its reload time compared to other tanks requires the player not to miss his first and probably only shot.

 

We urgently need these two points above ........ tanks for the West Front and a better equiped Soviet tank (T-34/85 or JS1)............. ............. For ALL other tank projects, we'll have plenty of time to get them later.  Also and last ..........we do not need a new map, we have enough in the game.

Edited by CCG_Pips
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voidhunger
6 minutes ago, CCG_Pips said:

Happy about that news and will surely buy the two collectors but .......but ........Jason, do you know, you made two West European maps?  Do you know, we would like to create western front battles ?

 

Why do not launch a set of tanks ?  with US and British tanks/AFV for 1944/1945 period ?  What Allies can do on Normandy map with ONLY the M4A2 facing Tigers and Panthers ???

 

This is absolutly incomprehensible ...........did you, just once a time tried to play online servers with Tanks ?? MAY BE YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND.

 

More of that: your announce concerns tanks from the Kursk period, so if we understand correctly, there will not be, for example a T-34/85 ..........

 

Even on Soviet side that we can be satisfied with number of armored vehicles and by the choice offered, we have nothing serious to oppose to the Tigers and other Panther .... the SU-152 is just totally unable fighting, except from ambushes .... and with a big trouble ........ its reload time compared to other tanks requires the player not to miss his first and probably only shot.

 

We urgently need these two points above ........ tanks for the West Front and a better equiped Soviet tank (T-34/85 or JS1)............. ............. For ALL other tank projects, we'll have plenty of time to get them later.  Also and last ..........we do not need a new map, we have enough in the game.

They will not release DLC tanks that can be used in TC2, TC3 etc.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tobi_der_Ossi
8 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

They will not release DLC tanks that can be used in TC2, TC3 etc.

 

 

I dont think so. Panzer 4,Panzer 3 will be usable in every setting. Same is for example with some planes like Ju52 or DC3. If we would get Churchill, we could do british normandy fights with Sherman and Churchill against the german tanks. 

 

 

I agree that we need Western Tanks. The Landlease Tanks would be a great Solution to please Eastern and Western Front Fans. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG27_Steini
46 minutes ago, CCG_Pips said:

Happy about that news and will surely buy the two collectors but .......but ........Jason, do you know, you made two West European maps?  Do you know, we would like to create western front battles ?

 

Why do not launch a set of tanks ?  with US and British tanks/AFV for 1944/1945 period ?  What Allies can do on Normandy map with ONLY the M4A2 facing Tigers and Panthers ???

 

This is absolutly incomprehensible ...........did you, just once a time tried to play online servers with Tanks ?? MAY BE YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND.

 

More of that: your announce concerns tanks from the Kursk period, so if we understand correctly, there will not be, for example a T-34/85 ..........

 

Even on Soviet side that we can be satisfied with number of armored vehicles and by the choice offered, we have nothing serious to oppose to the Tigers and other Panther .... the SU-152 is just totally unable fighting, except from ambushes .... and with a big trouble ........ its reload time compared to other tanks requires the player not to miss his first and probably only shot.

 

We urgently need these two points above ........ tanks for the West Front and a better equiped Soviet tank (T-34/85 or JS1)............. ............. For ALL other tank projects, we'll have plenty of time to get them later.  Also and last ..........we do not need a new map, we have enough in the game.

 

I am sure, there will be a new TC2 with western front. It would be dump to sell western tanks before any TC2 or TC3. And to follow your argument, when there is no late 43+ scenario, where do you want to use a T34/85. There is no map, you could not even do a campaign.

Edited by JG27_Steini
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CCG_Pips
1 hour ago, JG27_Steini said:

 

I am sure, there will be a new TC2 with western front. It would be dump to sell western tanks before any TC2 or TC3. And to follow your argument, when there is no late 43+ scenario, where do you want to use a T34/85. There is no map, you could not even do a campaign.

 

Yes, no map is available for T34/85....BUT some multiplayers server are not historically related (Finnish virtual for example) and for Allies player, having finally a tank able to fight at long distance against Tigers and Panthers is of the foremost urgency for game play and forces balance. @CountZero said perfectly that in his post above......we will never do again Historical WWII battles, this would imply 30 Russian tanks for 1 German tank........so a T34/85 is just essential

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG27_Steini
9 minutes ago, CCG_Pips said:

 

Yes, no map is available for T34/85....BUT some multiplayers server are not historically related (Finnish virtual for example) and for Allies player, having finally a tank able to fight at long distance against Tigers and Panthers is of the foremost urgency for game play and forces balance. @CountZero said perfectly that in his post above......we will never do again Historical WWII battles, this would imply 30 Russian tanks for 1 German tank........so a T34/85 is just essential

 

I do absolutaly understand you, but they wont bring any vehicle without some fitting content for single player to use. Time will come, i am sure. Maybe TC2 is late eastern front. Lets hope ...

Edited by JG27_Steini
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voidhunger
5 minutes ago, JG27_Steini said:

 

 Maybe TC2 is late eastern front. Lets hope ...

I doubt it. I think they will use current maps to enhance some part of it.

My best bet is normandy TC and after that some late war soviet battle on late eastern BOX map with T3485 and IS2.

And of course Normandy tanks will sell better imho.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voidhunger

if we go to the normandy i would realy like to have something more armored to shoot at, so i hope that Sherman Jumbo will be included.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tobi_der_Ossi
9 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

if we go to the normandy i would realy like to have something more armored to shoot at, so i hope that Sherman Jumbo will be included.

 

 

 

 

Jumbo wouldn't be accurate for Normandy Setting i think. More armored would be a Churchill MK VII. 

Also we got back than a P40 as Collectors vehicle. So i don't think its impossible that we will get now a Churchill IV since it was present in Prokorovka. We could than later just reuse it when Normandy Map will be released. Brits still used them in June 1944.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voidhunger
10 minutes ago, Robli said:

My guess is StuG III and SU-85. 

They will keep the western tanks of TC2.

SU85 is late 1943 vehicle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tobi_der_Ossi
10 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

SU85 is late 1943 vehicle

SU85 was delivered to Frontlineunits in August 1943. It saw action at the end of Kursk. It wasnt present in Prokhorovka. But USSR has 2 SPGs. Germany has only 1 SPG. Ussr lacks of a second bigger Tank that was present during the Battle of Prokhorovka. 

 

Instead of wishing we should consider serious which Vehicles were Present in the Battles the DLC portrays. Jason wrote the Vehicles will fit the Timeframe of Kursk. 

I dont think we will get T26,BT7 or Panzer II since they are basically useless in current Setting. 

 

https://www.o5m6.de/redarmy/churchill_in_combat.php

https://www.forces.net/news/battle-kursk-clash-tanks

https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/uk/british-tanks/churchill-a22/churchill-iv-48th-guards-tank-regiment-1943/

 

And from Tank Encyclopedia: https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/gb/a22_churchill_tank.php

 

Russia & Eastern Europe

The Churchill was also delivered to the USSR via Lend-Lease, a total of 301 Mk. III/IVs were shipped via Murmansk (43 lost en route). Their most memorable action occurred at Kursk, when the 5th Guards Tank Brigade successfully counter-attacked at Prokhorovka. The Russians appreciated the good mobility and large tracks of the vehicle, and excellent protection, comparable to the KV-1.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=gRiJ=Roman-

It is very clear to me ... Churchill IV y Stug III/IV.

 

What I would like ... no time/periods limits T34/85 and Stug

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voidhunger
12 minutes ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

It is very clear to me ... Churchill IV y Stug III/IV.

 

What I would like ... no time/periods limits T34/85 and Stug

T34/85 is too important tank to have it only as DLC. We will have it in release of new TC 2or3

SU/85 maybe (and leave SU/100 in TC 2or3) or JS/85 can be possible as 1943 vehicle.

 

What kind of armament had churchill at Kursk, 40mm or 6 pounder?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tobi_der_Ossi
7 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

T34/85 is too important tank to have it only as DLC. We will have it in release of new TC 2or3

SU/85 maybe (and leave SU/100 in TC 2or3) or JS/85 can be possible as 1943 vehicle.

 

What kind of armament had churchill at Kursk, 40mm or 6 pounder?

 

 

The 57mm QF 6pdr. So with solid AP Rounds and around 100mm Pen. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd prefer "Churchill". But not because I big fan of british armor. "Churchill" will be easier to sell to western community => big sales = more money for future TC features like infantry, more destructible objects and so on..

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voidhunger
1 hour ago, Tobi_der_Ossi said:

The 57mm QF 6pdr. So with solid AP Rounds and around 100mm Pen. 

so at 500m it can engage from the front Tiger and Panther(only gun mantlet). thats good😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tobi_der_Ossi
38 minutes ago, 40plus said:

Stug III and ...... KV-2 :wacko:😋

I dont think that at the Time of Kursk that Soviet Union still had that Numbers of KW2 left. They lost most of them while the Blitzkrieg. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Tobi_der_Ossi said:

I dont think that at the Time of Kursk that Soviet Union still had that Numbers of KW2 left. They lost most of them while the Blitzkrieg. 

Yes, the comment was in jest.....let alone the fact that it was a near useless tank.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JV44HeinzBar

S!,

If there is a TC2, then it would be wise to hold off creating much of the western front tanks, e.g. Firefly, M-10, jagpanther, King Tiger, etc. With holding these more desirable tanks, I believe, would increase the likelihood of increased sales for TC2. As for providing eastern front tanks, such as the IS-1 & t34/85, these could sold as DLC tanks when/if TC2 is offered.

 

I really believe that the Stug III G will be one of the two collector vehicles to be released. Since the Stug III was at Kursk, perhaps for the soviet collector vehicle might be the Su-76? It's got a good gun that could pen panthers from the side at range. However, the Churchhill III & IV were also at Kursk, if memory serves me. Either one would find a place in TC, but the Churchill could be found on both fronts.

 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there was an order to replace some of the IV's 6lb gun with 75mm in 1943, which became the Mk V?

 

HB

2 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

so at 500m it can engage from the front Tiger and Panther(only gun mantlet). thats good😉

The only data I could find indicated that the 6lb, firing APCBC, could pen 95.5mm of hardened armor at 500m or less. At 1000m, the pen dropped to 85mm. Standard AP round penned 76mm at less than 500m.

 

I'll try to pull citations later. This is from memory.

 

HB

Edited by JV44HeinzBar
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...