Game Version 4.604 Discussion: SPAD 7 180 HP, Armament Tweaks, Damage Tweaks, Pilot Physiology Tweaks and Much More...

Jason_Williams

Great news! Can't wait to try everything out! 

58. All Spitfires: an excessive haze of the windshield armored glass has been removed;

Very surprised and excited by this change, I was having a lot of trouble tracking targets over ground clutter with how hazy the glass was, especially on the Vb.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

As long as I still have access to the replays, I haven't finished getting everything I needed. 😔

Otherwise the update looks good.

The color of the tank exhausts leaves me in doubt, on the screenshots, I find that the colors are not beautiful. I'll have to see what it looks like in game because it looks like nitro.

Still, it seems to be a nice update overall. I'm glad to see that the tanks are not forgotten. I can't wait to see a shot from inside them.

Edited by No_Face

JG1_Hotlead_J10

Excellent news! I can't wait to get home and test out the plethora of improvements, especially the control wire breakages in FC. Thank you! 🙂

• Upvote 2

Sweet, the g and .50 changes sound like they should be a nice improvement to the game. G for all pilots and .50s for allies.

Eisenfaustus

Many cool changes!

AI not shooting down friendlies anymore is cool. 

Nationality by skin sounds cool.

G fatigue update sounds cool. 

And I‘m interested if I notice a difference in the damage model 

😄

.... This will possibly be the longest day of work I've had in a while.

Very excited to try it all out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

[F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly

Inadequate dispersion of turreted machine guns on Flying Circus aircraft was adjusted to match dispersion of these weapons installed on over-wing mounts;

I am somewhat confused if "adjusted inadequate dispersion" means that turret guns are now less accurate or more accurate.

simfan2015

Yet another amazing update.

Could only try a small part, but it's already clear to see this update offers yet another basket with those tasty neverending enhancements for our beloved IL-2 GB.

As always Oyster KAI did a great job on the cockpit details and the 4K external skins are also as ... shiny as always !

Thank you, again, oh so much Jason and of course ... your very talented team(s) !

Edited by simfan2015

Cheers! Great job! I was about to say something about... a number of six, but still I'm just smiling as a clam! :salute:

25. Fixed local troubles with sea "climbing at shoreline rocks" on Kuban map

Will this also fix the issue of planes sinking beneath the shoreline on the Kuban map?

21 minutes ago, [F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly said:

I am somewhat confused if "adjusted inadequate dispersion" means that turret guns are now less accurate or more accurate.

It means there is more bullet dispersion than before. 

• Thanks 2

Luftschiff

Did I read this correctly, Russian tail gunners made more accurate? 😄 

Jokes aside, what a fantastic update. Some really long await improvements and ones that benefit us all. Fantastic work under difficult conditions.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, [F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly said:

The modelling of their accuracy is now more accurate. 😁

Thanks for the update!!! 🍦

Edited by J2_Bidu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, No_Face said:

As long as I still have access to the replays, I haven't finished getting everything I needed. 😔

That's what I was afraid of, my replay is modified so it became unusable... several hours of video editing good to throw in the trash since I could never finish this video. 😭

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

First impressions of the new patch (SP testing only) :
- 50s don't feel at all more powerful, perhaps marginally so but the added (now correct) dispersion makes for much easier landing shots when your aim isn't on target
- haven't blacked out once in SP during testing with P-51, which is a huge plus... I recon the new Pilot Physiological Model changes will make a big difference for Spitfire drivers as they can again turn which is what they are best at

Edited by [DBS]TH0R
  • Upvote 1

Love it. Thanks for all the fixes, especially this one:

58. All Spitfires: an excessive haze of the windshield armored glass has been removed;

easterling77

Ok no easy resting on the couch this evening Now I have quite a lot to test, discover and enjoy😅 

Thank you guys👍

Edited by easterling77

SeaSerpent

13. Inadequate dispersion of turreted machine guns on Flying Circus aircraft was adjusted to match dispersion of these weapons installed on over-wing mounts

I wonder if this goes all the way back to RoF legacy?  It was common knowledge then that rear guns could frequently just saw your wings off with a short burst (except when I was manning a gun😜).  Many a good streak fell to an AI gunner, and seemed it would almost always be a wing shearing off or dead pilot or both.

18. The accumulation of pilot fatigue from overload during long maneuvers has been reduced. This will allow for somewhat longer aerobatics and combat maneuvering. 

I just started getting into the Spit 14 about a week ago, and accumulated pilot fatigue was killing me.  One fairly quick dogfight with some grey-out followed by another a few minutes later and it was time to go home, being barely able to maneuver in the last one.  I’ll be interested in seeing this revision.

Edited by SeaSerpent

13 minutes ago, [DBS]TH0R said:

First impressions of the new patch (SP testing only) :
- 50s don't feel at all more powerful, perhaps marginally so but the added (now correct) dispersion makes for much easier landing shots when your aim isn't on target

I have my convergence set to 200m, and this shot was taken at about 400m:

Spoiler

I only fired this many rounds:

20210921125751_1.thumb.jpg.80cc5aa87aab9b82ab77ebfad881b6c8.jpg

What's the starting ammo for a P-51 with extra ammo? 2060 or so?

Tiny burst, regardless of the exact number.

I think there is some extra punch to the .50s, because I never exploded 109s before. Certainly not from bursts that short.

I think American pilots are going to be pretty happy with these changes.

• Upvote 1

BaronVonMyakin

15. The excessive likelihood of control wiring damage on all Flying Circus aircraft has been corrected;

16. If control wiring is damaged on Airco D.H.4, Halberstadt CL.II, Bristol Fighter, Albatros D.Va and S.E.5a, Fokker DR.I, Fokker D.VII, Fokker D.VIIF, Fokker D.VIII the corresponding rudders will "dangle" along the air stream (other aircraft will be updated in the next update);

Spoiler

spacer.png

Phenomenal! 💪

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

=LG=Mad_Mikhael
7 minutes ago, oc2209 said:

I have my convergence set to 200m, and this shot was taken at about 400m:

Hide contents

I only fired this many rounds:

20210921125751_1.thumb.jpg.80cc5aa87aab9b82ab77ebfad881b6c8.jpg

What's the starting ammo for a P-51 with extra ammo? 2060 or so?

Tiny burst, regardless of the exact number.

I think there is some extra punch to the .50s, because I never exploded 109s before. Certainly not from bursts that short.

I think American pilots are going to be pretty happy with these changes.

Nah, this happend to me before.