"Captain Eddie" --- A Scripted Campaign for the Nieuport and SPAD

[DBS]Tx_Tip

[DBS]Tx_Tip

2092064122_MissionHeader.jpg.71463aa6c17d4ee89c1ebbcf74f6cd48.jpg

A Campaign for the Nieuport 28.C1 and SPAD VIII

Fly alongside the pilots of the 94th Aero Squadron as USAAS, RAF and French aircraft engage Central assets in the air and on the ground. A Seven mission non-historical campaign which offers the player an immersive experience in the Nieuport and SPAD VIII as a multi-role fighter during the summer and autumn of 1918.   
   The missions, which include take-offs and form-ups along with air-starts can run anywhere from twenty to forty minutes depending upon players actions. In order to allow the player an opportunity to proceed through the Campaign at their discretion, Mission Success for all seven missions has been preset to occur after 2 to 3 minutes.   
   Hamaha15's No Mans Land Ruins Group and US93_Larner's 94th Aero Squadron SPAD VIII skin are used within the Campaign. The skin, included within the Download, will be installed to your Data>graphics>skins>SPAD13 Folder.

*Campaign requires Flying Circus Volume I and Flying Circus Volume II to work.

Captain Eddie fully compatible with v4.603b
One Drive Download Link:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am83M5MI8WLyjEyrr5tkDXp5I0Vv?e=HMKnKs

To Install for Campaign Play:
1)    *Download the Zip and extract the enclosed "data" folder to your C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad folder or wherever/however you have your pc set up to play Flying Circus Vol. I and Flying Circus Vol. 2

2) Please review the Enclosed ReadMe for gameplay and other pertinent details.

Enjoy the Campaign,
Tip"

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Wonderful! Thank you thank you thank you! I have been waiting for something worthwhile to do with the 28!

I have two questions: I wonder why the default markings for our hero's plane are French roundels instead of American ones commonly pictured?

Second: I know about the "blip" switch & how it worked , but I've never tried it in landing my plane .Yesterday I did & I ended up a crumpled mess.It seemed like I couldn't get the spinning engine down to "idle". The only thing I could do was turn off the engine to slow down a bit on final. Ant tips on getting this rotary under control? 

Thanks!

Aces.jpg

Hats in the Ring Pro - Copy.jpg

• Upvote 1

[DBS]Tx_Tip
6 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Wonderful! Thank you thank you thank you! I have been waiting for something worthwhile to do with the 28!

I have two questions: I wonder why the default markings for our hero's plane are French roundels instead of American ones commonly pictured?

Second: I know about the "blip" switch & how it worked , but I've never tried it in landing my plane .Yesterday I did & I ended up a crumpled mess.It seemed like I couldn't get the spinning engine down to "idle". The only thing I could do was turn off the engine to slow down a bit on final. Ant tips on getting this rotary under control? 

Thanks!

Good questions Blitzen.

All Nieuport skins within the campaign are set to nieuport28_skin_01. This is the only "default" skin with a "Hat in the Ring" emblem in which I could set the numbers on without repeating skins or numbers.

The skin, according to it's description belonged to 1lt. Douglas Campbell. 94th Aero Squadron. 16 April 1918... 

Perhaps this was before they switched to USAAS Roundels or this is incorrect and needs to be changed by the Devs. I do not know.

On the subject of the ignition selector modes and landing.

LoL. I cracked up often and damaged my wingtips many times in testing this crate on landings that I blew off any attempt to create Rearming-Refueling scenarios for the Nieuport within the campaign. I did finally manage to figure out a way to get slow with the Nieuport 28 and make passable landings most of the time.

Try setting your mixture to 35% which negates the engine overcooling when you are cycling through the "blip" switch. You'll need to cycle back and forth from ignition selector mode 1 to 4 often. In this way you can speed up and slow down at very low altitude on approach to basically make a three point carrier landing then punch it to counter the ground looping tendency that all these WWI crates apparently have.

Enjoy the Campaign,

Tip

Dan_Taipan

Thank you for this, FC / FC2 is in sore need of more campaign content this helps fill the gap!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 8:40 AM, Blitzen said:

Ant tips on getting this rotary under control? 

Try using the lowest throttle setting and a leisurely descent. Set your throttle one below max right before you flare your landing (having a bit of power can help keep you moving forward instead of rolling over the nose). Use the blip to feather yourself down from the flare. Dig the tail into the ground once you’ve made contact and then drop the throttle to the lowest stage as your roll slows.