Sherman - using your binoculars and gunning problem...

JG1_GenMarkof

JG1_GenMarkof

S! All,

Just wanted to ask the Tank Crew community how you work out the use of the binoculars with the Sherman...
On most tank in TC, when in the commander seat, you just need to call out the binoculars to use them.
But when I get in the commander position inside a Sherman, it seems' that you are given the machine gun... and if you want to use the binoculars, your need to nestle the gunsight and then use the gun... so you can get your binoculars...

... but after this, If you go in the gunner position, you need to nestle the gunsight and re-take your gun turret before you can shoot the enemy tank. What this means, is that the German tank in front of you got 1 or 2 second faster to shoot you down!

So my question is... any helpful way to by pass this so you can use your binoculars and be fast to shoot down enemy tanks!!!

Thanks in advance if you have any trick or tips for this problem.

GenMarkof

Salute @JG1_GenMarkof

The 50cal on the top of the Sherman is a bit of a tricky one.

You take control of the gun like you do the main gun, T (by default).

So in order to be able to use binoculars as the commander standing up you need to "let go" of the gun first.

Things should then work as normal.

Cheers

DD_Friar

JG1_GenMarkof
9 hours ago, DD_Friar said:

Things should then work as normal.

S! DD_Friar,

Thanks for you reply... I do know about the 'Let Go' of the gun first to use the binocular...
But try after this to get in the gunner seat 'No 1 key' and see what you need to do before you can actually shoot the tank in front of you?!!!

Cheers,
GenMarkof