Nested Groups - Can someone tell me how please? - Resolved

DD_Friar

DD_Friar

Salute

Is anyone able to advise on how you get groups to be nested like the attached screen shot?

To explain - I need a group called "Helpers". When you expand that group I have further groups within it?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

DD_Friar

Group Nesting.JPG

No worries - managed to do it.

It worked by the order in which I selected objects and added them to the groups.

Edited by DD_Friar

• DD_Friar changed the title to Nested Groups - Can someone tell me how please? - Resolved
Gambit21

You just create a group - then re-group objects while in that working group.

No different than folders in Windows really.

In case you need to move an icon to a group or move an icon from a group, see this post. Note that the icon you move can be a group icon.

IckyATLAS

What I miss is the fact that you cannot position in the tree the objects in a certain order, either alphabetically or manually so as to have organized trees.

The last group is put at the bottom and stays there. A little primitive.

DD_Friar

Thankyou Gentlemen for the replies and link.

I think I managed to do it in a more complicated way but I will definitely take a look at the methods described.

Previously I have stayed away from groups for my own / squad missions but as I am getting more comfortable with setting the working group I can see the benefits.

Is it purely for neatness/organisation on the object tree that items are grouped or is there any benefit to the game? 

Gambit21
On 8/26/2021 at 1:06 AM, DD_Friar said:

Is it purely for neatness/organisation on the object tree that items are grouped or is there any benefit to the game? 

Yes - it makes a huge difference while working. It makes a gigantic difference when coming back to make changes or squash bugs later.

I can’t even look at other people’s disorganized messes.

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2021 at 10:06 AM, DD_Friar said:

Thankyou Gentlemen for the replies and link.

I think I managed to do it in a more complicated way but I will definitely take a look at the methods described.

Previously I have stayed away from groups for my own / squad missions but as I am getting more comfortable with setting the working group I can see the benefits.

Purely for the comfort of editing the mission. No benefit to the players.

• Thanks 1