All ok with 4.603b?

Jason_Williams

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Guys,

Im getting reports of motion not working with 4.603b update. True? I can’t test my unit any time soon unfortunately. 

Jason

352nd_Hoss

Give me the keys Jason, I'll drop by and see how it's working..............................  oh, when should I expect you back?.....

be safe where ever yer at..........

Hoss

jollyjack

If you mean staggering all of a sudden, yes, and it was fixed after my fresh installation i think..

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams
5 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

If you mean staggering all of a sudden, yes, and it was fixed after my fresh installation i think..

What? Serious answers only please. 

Jaosn

skunk160

On my DOF Reality I just had to redo the SRS install to the startup.cfg

jollyjack

Well i meant halfway through a mission, and then after a few minutes some staggers .. high NVDIA  settings,

and also one of the reasons i did a fresh 4.603 installation,

also because i could not load a mission some one else could. It seems it's fine now.

IMO due some remains left behind from a mod in the updated 4.602 installation ??

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams
10 minutes ago, skunk160 said:

On my DOF Reality I just had to redo the SRS install to the startup.cfg

Is your motion working?

Jason

1 minute ago, jollyjack said:

Well i meant halfway through a mission, and then after a few minutes some staggers .. high NVDIA  settings,

and also one of the reasons i did a fresh 4.603 installation,

also because i could not load a mission some one else could. It seems it's fine now.

IMO due some remains left behind from a mod in the updated 4.602 installation ??

I’m talking about motion. 

Jason

skunk160

Yep, now I redid the startup.cfg cut and paste from the SRS app

RAAF492SQNOz_Steve

Hi Jason,

Just did a quick mission with the Next Level Motion V3.0 motion platform and did not notice any issues with motion.

4.603b update  appears to be working fine with that motion platform without needing to do any updates etc.

Edited by RAAF492SQNOz_Steve

Charlo-VR

Jason, if it helps, after this 4.603b update the other day I didn't notice any difference with my Next Level Racing Motion Platform V3.

Until I noticed this thread just now I didn't even know there might be a problem for others, since I never experienced any difference in my chair's movement before and after this patch - it's still fun as hell!

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Guys,

If your motion rig is working with 4.603b please upload your startup.cfg here so I can look at them and try to find out why some are having trouble,

Thanks!

Jason

RAAF492SQNOz_Steve

startup_VR.txt IL Startup file attached.

File used  when NLR Motion platform V3 active with HP Reverb G2.

Note: NLR platform not using motion compensation.

Jason, I'm late here (which by itself is a good sign as it means I faced NO trouble in the past weeks😉).
Seriously, I noticed no abnormal behaviour in telemetry ─ though I have lately used it extensively as I was expanding my motion profile(s) with new effects, like flaps and gear rumbling and separate ground/air settings.
My rig is a GForceFactory EDGE6D. Yes, it was the IL-2 Newsletter about you going to the Florida (?) Gamescon 2019 and demonstrating new telemetry support that made me rob a bank and order an EDGE6D. So for a lifetime you're indebted to fulfill my telemetry needs! 😄
As driver interface I use FlyPT Mover and its native inbuilt IL-2 'Source' module.

However I gladly use the opportunity to mention some particular problems that go back beyond the 4.603b update:

• Landing Gear values. While in many or most aircraft the value transits from 0 (up) to 1 (down), on some aircraft, e.g. the Spit Mk.V, the transition stops at 2/3 (value remains 0.333 or 0.667 depending on whether you started on ground or in air). Maybe there's a particular reason for that? To me it looks incongruous and makes it difficult to create a 'jolt' effect at the up and down end of the LG movement that works for all aircraft the same.
  • Ground/Air/Ground transition. While I assume that you know exactly when an aircraft transits from car to bird, the current telemetry data makes it not that easy to determine when that change happens.
    Gear supension (could be a useful indicator) offers values that are hard to interprete. 'World vertical z axis' could be a good help, but differs from aircraft to aircraft and (though identical per aircraft at all airfields) jumps to 20+ on carriers. As a workaround 'Mover' uses an input field that allows correction according to circumstances. A simple Binary would be a great help.

But maybe this problems are only a lack of updated documentation and someone can help with a link?
Let me close by saying I'm so glad we have telemetry data ─ together with VR it brings some incredibly high level of immersion! 🤗

startup.cfg & il-2.mover.zip

• Like 2

Fully agree, pasting here the post of mover programmer which I hope could be taken in consideration and help us to build better motion algorithms. 

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1