BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part XXII

Long - Fast, Hard - Easy.

I remember 2004 when I was playing IL-2 a lot with my friends. We used to be a really cool gaming team called =FB=. Now, as the producer of this new title in legendary franchise I can't help thinking about my squad mates trying to understand our future players.

My friends changed a lot in the past 9 years - each of them went their own way and now has specific gaming demands and habits. Some still can spend the whole night playing online, some prefer to spend more time with their families and don't give games more than an hour. Attitudes and preferences of both categories are important to me and both are eagerly waiting for our game to be released. So what do we do?

Solving this issue we came to conclusion that we need specific tools to let different players find equally convenient conditions for earning achievements and progressing in the game. So we've created a unified system that joins together the whole gameplay.

Read more

Wallpapers:

A.jpg B.jpg C.jpg

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

Real nice. The glint of sunlight on the pilot's goggles made me smile. Happy Friday to you and the team ;)

• Upvote 1

Happy Friday to you and the team ;)

Thank u :salute:

Stunning!!! This could really be the flightsim for the next decade! Im excited!!

Thank you!

The propellor animation looks PER-FECT! Please don't change it any more! :)

Bravo!

Edited by Foobar

The glint of sunlight on the pilot's goggles made me smile.

Same for me.

Aircraft and pilot already looking beautiful. Great work so far 1CGS!

I like the possibility to spawn nearby the battle. Sometimes I don`t want to fly a long distance to the action.

Edited by EagleEye

Update coming like clock work: Always noon (CET) on Fridays. really appreciated! looking great, and the gamestyles look spot on so far.

As mentioned in the earlier thread -  would be great of the wingman on that particular footage could describe in words how he experience the prop wash coming from #1

Wonderfull guys, absolutely wonderfull!

Thank you so much!

Edited by Veltro

The reflection of the pilot's goggles is indeed very nice, I noticed the first pilot moving his arm as well? :)

Update coming like clock work: Always noon (CET) on Fridays

hehe, same thing I was thinking here. Fri-noon is THE time for Sturmo addicts, lately.

Wondering if among the beautiful things we've seen so far, we will find a coll replay system-lab to play with. That would be the ultimate killer for my social life.

Edited by J4Scriszeri

Thank you for another great update! :good:

I am wondering about just a little detail (which means that I find everything else absolutely great).

One thing that bothers me a tiny bit in RoFl already is the difficulty-score multiplier.

Since the last update I can choose between the "Normal" and "Expert" presets which give me 1x and 1.5x score respectively (at least I guess it's the score).

When choosing custom difficulty settings, we get 0x score so no score at all.

What bothers me is, that I can actually increase the difficulty level above the "Expert" preset (e.g. by disabling subtitles etc.) but will in turn get zero score for a mission.

(Basically I am punished for creating an even harder mission.)

Wouldn't it make sense to have a more fine-grained score multiplier along the lines of:

Easier than Normal (~0.5x or 0x)

Normal preset (1x)

Harder than Normal but easier than Expert (~1.5x)

Expert preset (2x)

Harder than Expert (>2x)

or even affected by every single difficulty option (like we had in Red Baron II and other titles)

or is it better for simplicity and comparability reasons to maintain the rather strict model of Easy, Hard and Custom?

Cheers

That looked fantastic! did you see the pilot adjust his goggles, the reflection of his goggles, the light reflecting on the aircraft?

The lighting on the aircraft is just great, almost photogenic.

Prop affect, sound, motion of the flight, movement of the pilot...all just fantastic.

All with beautiful FSAA and AF.

Stunned.

Edited by Furbs

Looking very good. Will be nice to see some flight over terrain and built-up areas in due course. Pilot animations are a nice touch.

Ben

Thanks for the update, good to learn more details. About the video, it looks nice but frankly I find the repetitive circular camera movements way too exaggerated.  :wacko:

Have a nice weekend all!

MAC

Some of that vid could have been real footage, I thought. I loved the way the pilots move around. The final shot at dusk was great - I like the lighting layers.

I really appreciate the fact that gamers are making this. No doubt we'll all find some things not exactly to our person al taste but it's so clear that so much thought has gone into everything - the technical aspects of course, but also the game play. That's very reassuring.

Very nice looking. Also love the sound when throttle is reduced :D

Very nice...

Hasn't anybody asked for the release date yet????

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

wow and wow, looks amazing and the animation of the pilot is life like, very natural, awsome reflection of glasses, well iam happy, thank you. :)

Very nice...

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Shh! We're all playing it cool, not trying to seem too desperate ;)

Does this mean that we can very quickly create quick missions as a co-op, rather than spending hours in FMB?

Please please please make the difficulty and views options as comprehensive as possible!

Thank you

Hood

In the second quarter of 2014

Very,very,very nice!!!

Lights, buffeting, propstrobe (i like it), the tonal range, mechanics.

So bloody stoked about this!

And dev updates happening at regular intervals, questions answered...well...that makes one feel that

the production is in good hands and we can actually start to dig out the mastercards for prepurchase!!

The reflection of the pilot's goggles is indeed very nice, I noticed the first pilot moving his arm as well? :)

indeed you did. RoF has hand signals.--- looks like we have it here as well?????

wave.jpg

I like your constructive thinking there LOFT.

Keep going in that direction and you have a Cold beer waiting in Swedenland.

:biggrin:

I thought so too, Klunk. It'd make sense for the Soviet air forces at least as radios were so scarce.

indeed you did. RoF has hand signals.--- looks like we have it here as well?????

What you could see here is the pilot wiping his goggles. As for signals - I can confirm signal flares, no comments about gestures yet

• Upvote 1

What you could see here is the pilot wiping his googles. As for signals - I can confirm signal flares, no comments about gestures yet

ah ok... keeping my fingers crossed even though it might "Only" be a immersive detail. For filmmakers details such as that can really lift a scene.

Signal flares? hehe cool, also like in RoF.... means we won't have any wingtip smoke :lol:

Edited by F19_Klunk

OK! I'm glad this update contained information on the historical campaign difficulty settings that I'd been waiting for as well as the time options.  IIRC, European Air War had a feature in which you could choose to place yourself just out from the target or battle but I think to use that you had to do a normal takeoff first.  I like the idea of being able to decide right at the start of the mission.  Now if only was a way to speed up time to 2Q 2014  :biggrin:

Nice little touch the animation of the pilot moving his arm to wipe the goggles. :cool: 

Moving.jpg

And the rotating propellers of the LaGG-3 are much better than the cinematic stroboscopic effect of last week.  :) 

Nice video,

is that two different aircraft variants shown in the video or just different gun loadouts for one and the same aircraft? I ask because the two LaGG-3s in the first half have non protruding cannon barrels (ShVAK prolly) whereas the single LaGG-3 in the second half seems to have a different cannon based on the fact that the cannon barrel does not end flush with the prop. So either this is a same series fighter with a 23mm Vya or its a different version aircraft all together (K-37 or LaGG-3IT).

PS: Oh, nevermind, saw that in the YT video description it is mentioned as a 37mm armed K-37...

Edited by JG52Karaya

While for me by far the best done LaGG-3s I've ever seen. Different weapons, open canopy, reflection on glasses, etc... fantastic work men.

EDIT: ...I can not stop looking...   477.gif

Edited by JG1_Baron

S!

I remember those days flying with and against =FB= with LLv34 ;) :D VikS was the demon in a plane! And I am sure he still is ;) The update looked great graphically, lot of small details to be seen. Can't wait to see more :D Have a nice weekend all!

Love the video but agree with macadamia about the camera movements being a bit too much. I'm sure it'll be refined before release. Looking better with every release!

Thanks for the update, good to learn more details. About the video, it looks nice but frankly I find the repetitive circular camera movements way too exaggerated.  :wacko:

Have a nice weekend all!

MAC