tree magic powers..

KG200_Achilles

KG200_Achilles

Is this some kind of joke isn't it..?

5-10 meters over tree pass and plane totally destroyed!

jeez fix this game..

7DBD1E38-8EC5-4CBB-888D-E22C2D26801C.jpeg

16444EB7-A63D-43BA-A283-A3FA202747CE.jpeg

E0530B80-B0B9-4B52-8AE9-E02C568FBDE7.jpeg

SYN_Mike77

That's very odd and I've never seen anything like it.  Do you have a clip so we can see it in motion?

DD_Arthur
32 minutes ago, SYN_Mike77 said:

Do you have a clip so we can see it in motion?

The above was a squad coop.  

Invisible, collideable objects have been around for a while.  I stand to be corrected but my understanding is this is a random, multiplayer/netcode problem.

It's been reported plenty of times but the apparent randomness means it's very hard to deliberately reproduce.

:salute:

DD_Arthur
1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

Map coordinates, people, map coordinates. 🙂

I can’t remember the name atm but it’s that field on the horseshoe shaped bay on the south easterly coast of the Kuban map.

The problem is you can’t reproduce this. We’ve flown in and out of the place using the same mission dozens of times but we’ve not had the problem here since and as you can see; the object was right on the approach to the runway threshold.

These invisible objects come and go which seems to imply something netcode related...

• Thanks 1

KG200_Achilles
Posted (edited)

its not our job to find where the problem is(cordinates).

i have paid over 300€ for a game and the least i want is to crashing in invisible trees, and to bail normally also i forgot...:)

Edited by KG200_Achilleus
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

ST_Catchov

I'll always remember my first visit to Brooklyn Bridge.

The thing to remember about aggressive plants with magic powers is don't panic ....

1822963889_brooklynbridge.gif.16760fcb109a7a281350dcf89035b598.gif

13 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

multiplayer/netcode problem.

IMHO this looks a separate issue to the trees sometimes having larger collision boxes. You'd be waaaay to high for pretty much any ground object at this point. Looks MUCH more like a netcode thing. To my eyes this looks like one instance of the game 'thinks' that a light collision has occurred between the two Yaks - knocking the left wheel off the trailing Yak & pivoting it about; whereas the instance of the game the lead Yak is running hasn't 'perceived' any collision between the Yaks. 

This happened to me the other day on Berloga; I'd just spawned in in my XIV when a 262 screamed past me at about Mach 6, someone (perhaps @LR.TheRedPanda?) at the controls grinning manically with his hair on fire. From my point of view the jet missed my wing by a good 6ft, then experienced Sudden Rapid Disassembly Event, ripping an engine & wing off. I was untouched. His instance of the event thought a significant collision had occurred...

• Like 1

LR.TheRedPanda
1 hour ago, Diggun said:

IMHO this looks a separate issue to the trees sometimes having larger collision boxes. You'd be waaaay to high for pretty much any ground object at this point. Looks MUCH more like a netcode thing. To my eyes this looks like one instance of the game 'thinks' that a light collision has occurred between the two Yaks - knocking the left wheel off the trailing Yak & pivoting it about; whereas the instance of the game the lead Yak is running hasn't 'perceived' any collision between the Yaks. 

This happened to me the other day on Berloga; I'd just spawned in in my XIV when a 262 screamed past me at about Mach 6, someone (perhaps @LR.TheRedPanda?) at the controls grinning manically with his hair on fire. From my point of view the jet missed my wing by a good 6ft, then experienced Sudden Rapid Disassembly Event, ripping an engine & wing off. I was untouched. His instance of the event thought a significant collision had occurred...

Can confirm, I looked to my left and nothing was there. :o:

Edited by LR.TheRedPanda
  • Haha 1

DD_Arthur
6 hours ago, Diggun said:

To my eyes this looks like one instance of the game 'thinks' that a light collision has occurred between the two Yaks - 

How dare you imply we're a bunch of formation flying flying incompetents... 

It's quite obvious now in my mind that we hit an invisible two hundred foot high, man-eating plant...

I haven't paid over three hundred euro for an evening out with Max Moseley, etc, etc......:wacko:

• Haha 1

Noisemaker

Never experienced this in SP.  Poorly placed trees at the ends of runways, sure.  It must be a MP/Netcode issue.

AEthelraedUnraed
16 hours ago, KG200_Achilleus said:

i have paid over 300€ for a game

The thing is, if they'd need to hire an extra developer just to find and fix those few instances of hidden trees/whatever on the huge maps, you'd be looking at €600 and not €300.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 6:40 PM, KG200_Achilleus said:

i have paid over 300€ for a game and the least i want is to crashing in invisible trees, and to bail normally also i forgot...:)

Stay above 10m

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

ACG_Talisman
On 8/4/2021 at 4:45 PM, DD_Arthur said:

How dare you imply we're a bunch of formation flying flying incompetents... 

It's quite obvious now in my mind that we hit an invisible two hundred foot high, man-eating plant...

I haven't paid over three hundred euro for an evening out with Max Moseley, etc, etc......:wacko:

Nice :)  The leader is a wise man as he has taken the precaution of clipping his wings beforehand.

Happy landings,

Talisman

21 minutes ago, Haza said:

Stay above 10m

Haza!  Your alive!  Been staying in much lately?  LOL :)

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by ACG_Talisman

Bilbo_Baggins
On 8/18/2021 at 7:29 PM, Haza said:

Stay above 10m

Can't help but agree. Stay above 10 meters altitude and this shouldn't be a problem for your 300€ invisible trees @KG200_Achilleus

Regards

Edited by Bilbo_Baggins
  • Confused 1

ITAF_Airone1989

On 8/3/2021 at 9:56 PM, DD_Arthur said:

The above was a squad coop.  

Invisible, collideable objects have been around for a while.  I stand to be corrected but my understanding is this is a random, multiplayer/netcode problem.

It's been reported plenty of times but the apparent randomness means it's very hard to deliberately reproduce.

:salute:

This one seems to be a bird strike.

• Haha 3