"Hope We Can Again"

US213_Talbot

US213_Talbot
Posted (edited)

Why was this moved out of videos and into aviation?

Edited by US213_Talbot

cardboard_killer

I don't know as there is nothing to indicate what it is. Have some respect for your fellow members and put some kind of caption on [edited] you post so you don't waste our time.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Language

US213_Talbot
Posted (edited)

Ok.

First, this has been labeled as "art" by some of my close friends...

"Art, in its broadest sense, is a form of communication. It means whatever the artist intends it to mean, and this meaning is shaped by the materials, techniques, and forms it makes use of, as well as the ideas and feelings it creates in its viewers . Art is an act of expressing feelings, thoughts, and observations."

IL2 is a wonderful glimpse of aerial combat in both WWI and WWII. Personally, I love taking these moments and syncing them to various songs that I come across specifically to create feelings and thoughts in the viewer. My goal is to show that while you may be playing a game in the comfort of your home, you are in fact experiencing a recreation of perhaps for some, the most terrible or happiest moment of a man's life.

Most of my work is of WWI, which is my passion, and recently I've ventured into WWII. This afforded me the opportunity to utilize a vastly larger amount of historical artifacts from the WWII period.

My intention with this video is a reflection of things I experience in my life. I wanted to capture how you could be doing some of the most mundane tasks and from nowhere your mind will flash to some random event briefly, for example, a sunset prior to being hit by mortars, walking on patrol and the face of a local person, your friends smile during a firefight, the smells and sounds associated with all that. All the while, your family and friends around you opening presents or sitting at the beach, have no clue, nor could relate if explained. 

I am not an aviator so I do not know what their memories could contain so I went from my own. 

This video could be of a P38 pilot, post war doing things like a normal person. Or it could be reverse with the pilot thinking of the family. It's art so interpret as you see fit like how you say it's a waste of time. That's your interpretation.

The flashes to the gauges, the shaking of the yoke, the killing of the enemy, the seeing a man falling through the air, are all things I would imagine a combat veteran of the Second World War would think about regularly as these are my personal experiences. Towards the end, the subject changes to parenthood, and these experiences playing a part into raising a child and seeing that child grow, and the possibility that they may grow up to experience life as you know it. Again, all the while everyone around you has no ides the things you see. They move on, they grow themselves while inside your mind, you are always there and sometimes desperately want only to stop thinking about it. 

I apologize for wasting your time and perhaps it is a reflection of my amateur video making skills. 

I would like to thank you, cardboard killer, for making me waste my time and expose something very personal of myself to the internet world. To have to explain something that I feel should have be easily identifiable with just a slight bit of pondering and questioning of the video above. 

Maybe next time have some respect toward the author and just say "I don't get it." instead of trolling and having your posts deleted.

Edited by US213_Talbot
  • Thanks 1