"The Underdog"

J5_Daedallus

J5_Daedallus

S! all

There was a thread in the general discussion posts asking what your favourite plane was and why. I said Albatros because you are always the underdog, and if you survive a fight, it's as good as a victory.

A couple of hours later, and after an excellent fight with 3 pilots who I knew would be on comms, I was shaking like a leaf, the amount of adrenaline running thru my system, and I remembered why I love this game so much, the intensity at times is unbelievable.

Soundtrack - Little Wing by Derek and the Dominoes

cheers

• Like 7

76SQN-Brazo

Excellent vid and well done in the 3 vs 1! The albatross looks like an angel as it lurches upwards in its final glide of flight after my rear gunner put those last few holes in your bird! 

I suspect you got the hat trick anyway as my own crate was shut up so badly the landing was far from graceful! Well done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

J5_Daedallus
Posted (edited)

Thx, yes when I saw the albie loop up like a dying swan after I'd bailed, I thought, I have to try and capture that, it was like a metaphor for albie pilots (graceful but doomed).

I suspected you had a difficult landing, I got credit for a kill after I had finished the mission, and wondered if it was you.

It was weird saying I like being the underdog only hours before having to prove it, that was such an intense fight for me, thx and S! to all 3 of you.

Edited by J5_Daedallus
  • Like 1

Varibraun
19 hours ago, J5_Daedallus said:

I was shaking like a leaf, the amount of adrenaline running thru my system, and I remembered why I love this game so much, the intensity at times is unbelievable.

Hi Daedallus - Another great video production and awesome fight!  Thank you again for producing these.

Quick question - Are you flying these in your motion simulator?  As I watch these videos, I am trying to imagine what that must be like if so. 

• Like 1

J5_Daedallus

Thx Varibraun, sometimes use the motion simulator, sometimes not (usually if I am expecting a tough fight), as it is harder to aim when you are being thrown around. :music:

• Like 1