SOLIDKREATE

Knights of the Pacific box art concept.

I know I'm missing a publisher and developer but this is only the rough draft. So, what would you create if you had the resources to build a flight simulator? Well, good question. It would be this:

10438640_10201188908523784_2919865973876

This first installation would cover the 7th December 1941 "Battle of Wake Island" up to and including the Battle of Guadalcanal ending in February 9th 1943. There would be three installments of the game covering the entirety of the Pacific Air War.

I though of a subtitle:  "The Eagle and the Dragon" but it's hard to find a place for it because of my banner design.

Oh well I hope you all enjoy.

- Isaac

Edited by .VMF/214_SPEKTRE76
  • Upvote 9

I know I'm missing a publish and developer but this si only the rough draft. So, what would you create if you had the resources to build a flight simulator? Well, good question. It would be this:

10435982_10201183525589214_5966100488337

This first installation would cover the 7th December 1941 "Battle of Wake Island" up to and including the Battle of Guadalcanal ending in February 9th 1943. There would be three installments of the game covering the entirety of the Pacific Air War.

I though of a subtitle:  "The Eagle and the Dragon" but's it's hard to find a place for it because of my banner design.

- Isaac

I wouldn't build a sim. i would be too busy playing Knights of the Pacific.  :lol:

:salute: MJ

Wow thanks guys for the kind words. If I ever did make this, consider yourselves hired as testers since you obviously have experience. I thought about a Kickstarter but I just don't think anyone would fund me because I do not have a degree in programming or 3D art/animation. I can 3D model however. And I can do texturing and 2D artwork. I think I would need a team of well over 100 just to get going and a budget (to start) of about $2M USD. I say that because I would be featuring ALL aircraft in the PTO. The fighters, attackers and bombers would be the only flyables at first. And I would have a mini ground school in game with no less than 20 mission training training pipeline including carrier operations. in say a Vultee BT-13 'Valiant' and some others. I would even make it so the player 'could' pre-flight his bird before take off and a fully animated start, taxi, fueling and ordinance loading sequence with animated ground crews. Which off course could be switched off. I would not offer mouse aim at all. Just a wish for now, LOL.

Box art updated in post #1.  :salute:

Word ''knights'' doesn't fit well for that period.It would be better to simply name it "'Air War in Pacific"' with subtitle for first Episode "Empire of Rising Sun" :salute:

• Upvote 1

S!

Seems Outerra would be your choice of engine. How would that fit to a flight simulator? As modelling a good looking world it seems to be VERY nice and not too straining. And is it hard to put physics into it? Almost made me fire up the 1942: Pacific Air War + add-ons :biggrin:  Still having the original box on the shelf :)

S!

Seems Outerra would be your choice of engine. How would that fit to a flight simulator?

Outerra has 'Blade Element Theory' built in :salute::biggrin:;)

S!

So it has capability of modelling planes at least to some detail and their systems? I recall Outerra having a terrain that actually reacts to weight of vehicles etc. so it should propably react to explosions as well. Hmm..A new Pacific Air War would be nice..

Yeah buddy! I love the PTO. Too bad were not getting anything close to that for sometime. I can imagine though the pacific in any number of modern gfx engines. It would spectacular. One can dream i guess.

I was informed that Crye Engine 3 cannot do visuals at altitude. So, visuals like that wont happen. I don't know what these  guys are using or Gaijin is using. The tiling system doesn't work like that. I'd be more concerned with function over beauty at first. Heck I still play IL-2 1946.

S!

I would rather see a functional terrain over enormous memory eating gigatiles or whatever. The purpose of a flight sim is not to see if there are 10 different flowers on a field or if there is a cupboard inside a house etc. Another thing I would like to see is a better LOD draw distance or at least not so easily spottable "LOD zones" like we have now.

Well guys I think I may end up trying to do this. I have already been contacted by a 3D artist like myself. I already have a full time job so this wont be a project that would be done in six months, LOL. Of course I will have to stop the thread here and ask the moderators to lock it. I think it would be bad form to develope a sim on another websites forum. Feel free to PM me. I will be starting up my own forum with one of the free forum sites for now.

I don't know what these  guys are using or Gaijin is using.

They have their Dagor engine.

Anyway, all flight sim devs have their own home-made engines because all other pop tech is unable to handle multiple objects placed with such humongous distances between them.

I would totally buy that if you made it. Please make it an actual simulator and not an arcade game like War Thunder or World of Warplanes. Aim for perfection on par with the great ones like DCS and IL2. You have my full support.

I thought this was locked (my request, not over-moderation)? Hey Zak, how are you? I looked up the Dagor Engine but it seems they do not license it. Meaning I don't see any links to buy or rent it. I just looked at JSBSim but there is no .exe to run it and look at it. I just used Aeromatic to generate a base FM for the F4F-3. I have attached it because it is waaaaay to long to post here. I just don't know the Tail area. I will have to do a wing area calc of it from a 2d blueprint and then scale up my number to full scale.

I did however find a third part flight dynamic engine that uses BTE for Unity Pro 4.3. So, total cost to me is $1575.00 USD. It was created by REAL pilots. And you do not have to use ANY lines of code for you plane. The 3D geometry actually does the work for you.

Since this is back open I made myself a ROUGH DRAFT wallpaper, It's attached here 1360 x 768 (Yes I know this is old, LOL) I'll be getting a new 37in HD monitor soon just for IL2:Battle fo Stalingrad. Then when Facebook decide to release the damn Occulus VR I will get that. Zak told me it is not for the faint of heart, LOL. I bet it is isn't when you see tracers in real scale whizzing by you.

- Isaac

post-12904-0-50038200-1404536724_thumb.jpg

AERO_F4F-3.txtPROP_CE_C5315.txtENG_PW_R1830-86.txt

• Upvote 2

Found some nice technical data of the F4F-4 Wildcat.

Source: U.S. Naval Historical Center

f4f-4.pdf

=LD=King_Hrothgar (http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/user/13947-ldking_hrothgar/) has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Knights of the Pacific box art concept.".

------------------------------

----------------------------------------

The pacific would be a lot of fun, but honestly I'd be far more interested in the army air force side of things. The IJN only had 3 major fighters, the A6M and the relatively exotic land based J2M and N1K2. The IJAAF on the other hand had all sorts of goodies. The war started with Ki-27's but quickly moved to Ki-43's, Ki-44's, Ki-45's, Ki-61's and eventually to the Ki-84 and Ki-100. The USAAF also had a little more variety in the area. I'm not saying I dislike the navy planes, I just think it would be kinda boring if the entire Japanese fighter line was just the A6M. Yes it was used for the entire war, and it was virtually unchanged despite a dozen or so revisions.

This would be for the whole Pacific. There would be P-47D-M's, P-51D's (20-30), P-40E-M's, B-25's, PBJ-1H's, SOC-1's, OS2U's, F4U's, F6F's ect... you name it. An example of a 'Premium Limited Sale' aircraft would be something like the F4U-1c Corsair of which only 200 were ever made. So, only 200 will be up for sale in a store of some sort. Just an example. And one for the Japanese would be something like the A6M3b MOD 22b which had 30mm cannons.

But hey guys just PM me about this stuff concerning this. And I will give you my e-mail.

I know I'm missing a publisher and developer but this is only the rough draft. So, what would you create if you had the resources to build a flight simulator? Well, good question. It would be this:

10438640_10201188908523784_2919865973876

I though of a subtitle:  "The Eagle and the Dragon" but it's hard to find a place for it because of my banner design.

- Isaac

Pacific would be fantastic, especially in Outerra. Thats a thumbs up from me :)

http://www.outerra.com/

Pacific would be fantastic, especially in Outerra. Thats a thumbs up from me :)

http://www.outerra.com/

Yeah I really like their ocean rendering. The trees they have now are just place holders. I am thinking of using Untity 4 with uFS and Real World Terrain though. See description below. Blue text is clickable.

uFS by Chris Cheetham, former EA Developer    - NO CODE NEEDED, purely based on 3D geometry, developed by REAL pilots. - Big selling point to me to use U4.

Unity 4

Real World Terrain - (pending further research or I find something better)

I have Unity 4 now. I just have to buy the other two pieces and then 3DS Max 2015 ($3,675.00 USD, Ouch!).

The Aussies will be in this thing too, Whispering Death!   :biggrin:

Yeah I really like their ocean rendering. The trees they have now are just place holders. I am thinking of using Untity 4 with uFS and Real World Terrain though. See description below. Blue text is clickable.

uFS by Chris Cheetham, former EA Developer    - NO CODE NEEDED, purely based on 3D geometry, developed by REAL pilots. - Big selling point to me to use U4.

Unity 4

Real World Terrain - (pending further research or I find something better)

I have Unity 4 now. I just have to buy the other two pieces and then 3DS Max 2015 ($3,675.00 USD, Ouch!).

The Aussies will be in this thing too, Whispering Death!   :biggrin:

3D$ is pricey, what about Blender?  http://www.blender.org/

Those FU4 Corsair's are awsome!

It's because I have been using Max off and on for about 13 years now, LOL. I remeber waaaaaay back when they were just 3DS Max 4.0.

Great project spektre. I really wish 1cgs would get the pacific bug. But i think tbey are all scared after the legal problems in 1946. Even tbough there are several legal ways around the problem. I think the pacific has so many awesome aerial stories to tell. Good luck!

Great project spektre. I really wish 1cgs would get the pacific bug. But i think tbey are all scared after the legal problems in 1946. Even tbough there are several legal ways around the problem. I think the pacific has so many awesome aerial stories to tell. Good luck!

I may change it all together. I have been hearing tonnes of negative experiences with American aircraft manufacturers. I have been told the Euro's are quite pleasant to work with.

The Australians, Kiwis and Brits have yet to recieve their fair share of love for the Pacific. I may just do it for them. I know I myself am an American but we are all brothers in flight as far as I am concerned.

The very idea of flying a Seafire or Beaufighter around really strikes a chord in my heart. Yep I think the RAAF boys need some love. I think I will contact Supermarine soon and Bristol and the other boys.

• Upvote 1

How about Australia's finest hour that has been forgotten? A 44 day campaign that first showed that the IJN was not as powerful as they appeared?

Knights of the Pacific

-------------------------------------

Battle of Milne Bay 1942

Any takers?

• Upvote 2

Sounds good to me :)

Yeah me too, I have contacted the owners of the Supermarine namesake. Which happens to be Vickers.

So, the planes that would be included would be:

RAAF

•  
  • F2A-3 Buffalo
  • Spitfire Mk.Vb, Vc
  • Beaufighter Mk.VIc
  • Kittyhawk Mk.Ia, II, IIa
  • Boston Mk.II, Mk.III
  • Boomerang Mk.I, Mk.II
  • P-39F-1, 2
  • Marauder Mk.Ia
  • Type 406 Wellington Mk.II
  • Type 417 Wellington Mk.III
  • Halifax Mk.II, Mk.BII

IJA/IJN

• A6M2-0-Mod21
  • A6M3-0-Mod32
  • A6M3-0-Mod22
  • Ki-43-II, IIa, IIb
  • Ki-49-I, IIa, IIb
  • D3A-1, 2
  • G4M1-Mod-11

If I am missing any let me know.

Yeah me too, I have contacted the owners of the Supermarine namesake. Which happens to be Vickers.

So, the planes that would be included would be:

RAAF

•  
  • F2A-3 Buffalo
  • Spitfire Mk.Vb, Vc
  • Beaufighter Mk.VIc
  • Kittyhawk Mk.Ia, II, IIa
  • Boston Mk.II, Mk.III
  • Boomerang Mk.I, Mk.II
  • P-39F-1, 2
  • Marauder Mk.Ia
  • Type 406 Wellington Mk.II
  • Type 417 Wellington Mk.III
  • Halifax Mk.II, Mk.BII

IJA/IJN

• A6M2-0-Mod21
  • A6M3-0-Mod32
  • A6M3-0-Mod22
  • Ki-43-II, IIa, IIb
  • Ki-49-I, IIa, IIb
  • D3A-1, 2
  • G4M1-Mod-11

If I am missing any let me know.

The: "Kittyhawk" is even there, fantastic! That's an impressive list there SPEKTRE76, love those Zero's also.

The: "Kittyhawk" is even there, fantastic! That's an impressive list there SPEKTRE76, love those Zero's also.

Yeah it's actually the P-40E-1 and F series. Now all I need to do is buy uFS (Unity Flight Simulation). I'll probably be building a mdoel of the P-40E-1 or Spitfire Mk.Vb in 3DS Max 2014 soon. I just don't know if it will be a flat fee or have a store with each plane for sale.

In all actuallity they first fought in the Coral Sea and then Kokoda and then Milne Bay.

The Warhawk is awsome aswell. It wouuld be good to Start at the Coral Sea

The Warhawk is awsome aswell. It wouuld be good to Start at the Coral Sea

I'm going to have to buy a book or something that has all of the RAAF, RNZAF and RAF units that were in those battles. Because I need to see the paint schemes for the unit's aircraft.

I would be very interested in seeing something that dealt with the AVG.  Limited resources in terms of planes, pilots, facilities, parts and pretty much everything else, flying scramble missions and patrols, outnumbered against fighters and bombers, where the planes and pilots you lose really hurt for the next mission.

I'm not sure how great it would be from the Japanese or British perspective though.