Keeping up to your wingman after takeoff

1111mark*norma*

1111mark*norma*

I'm sure this has been mentioned before. After takeoff my spitfire can't gain on my wingman. Usually my engine fails. overheats, etc. Is my Key Mapping wrong. I do have the latest update. I'm flying in career Mode. Thank You for your kind help. 

1111mark*norma*

sorry about that, Jacko. I'm flying the spit. Mk.IXe          Thanks for getting in touch.

Stonehouse

Some passing general thoughts which may help you. Be sure you have the rudder trimmed as this will impact your best speed. Have a rough idea of the flight plan. Usually after take off the flight does a few climbing turns and if you know roughly what to expect you can often cut across a corner and this helps catch up in the early part of the mission where not being close to your mates isn't so important. If you are climbing harder than the rest of the formation then you will be slower, possibly you can juggle climb rate v's speed early in the flight to get closer laterally even if a bit distant vertically and then when they hit a long stretch at a constant speed and alt you use extra power to gain height so to match the formation without falling behind.

• 2 weeks later...
Knarley-Bob

I cheat, and use the "Auto Pilot", helps for staying in formation too.....🙄