ju-52 career

=RS=rulezcz

=RS=rulezcz

Anyone has an idea what is the reason all missions are solo only in the SP career mode ? Is it they would have to create an AI for ju-52 to be able to fly in groups ?

Feathered_IV

I don't think so.  There are Ju-52s that can fly in formation in QMB well enough so the AI ability is there.  The career issues seem to be more that proportionately less time goes into setting up the gameplay for transports than combat aircraft.  Hopefully there will be some improvements when the C-47 comes out.

• Like 1

Eisenfaustus

I actually don’t know how the Lw organised its transport wings - however except for air assault  operations  I see no benefit of flying in groups, when thinking of it. 

Weakly armed formations offer no protection yet are easier to spot. And having to circle around the target airfield while waiting for the others to land just burns precious fuel. 

I guess the Lw flew transports singly most of the time. 

=RS=rulezcz
5 hours ago, Eisenfaustus said:

I actually don’t know how the Lw organised its transport wings - however except for air assault  operations  I see no benefit of flying in groups, when thinking of it. 

Weakly armed formations offer no protection yet are easier to spot. And having to circle around the target airfield while waiting for the others to land just burns precious fuel. 

I guess the Lw flew transports singly most of the time. 

well partly you have got a point, but surely paradrops or cargodrops would be nice to do in groups. It would look nice. And it surely happened.

PatrickAWlson

The plane flies in formation just fine.  It has the ability to drop paratroopers or supplies.  Works just like level bombing.  You can also design missions that are simple transport - take off from airfield A and land at B.  That last capability opens up some interesting mission designs like Yamamoto style intercepts.  As far as I am aware everything needed is already there.