How to defend vs. latewar planes?

Hi guys,

I found myself playing on the Finnish server the last few weeks and at the moment it is using the 1945 plane-set. when I'm axis, I can't for the life of me shake off the late-war Allied planes: clipped spits/typhoons/p51 etc. When I'm flying allies, I find it ridiculously difficult to shake off the bf109g14/k's and the fw-190d9's.

When I fly I fly 1941-1944, I can usually use the planes advantages correctly to spoof attacking planes when I'm in a defensive position. This is usually because there is a distinct difference between the axis and allied planes and I can use this to my advantage. Eg, the 190's roll rate @ high speeds.

I find that the 1945 plane-sets, all the planes are so similar in performance, I just become incredibly bad at defending. Does anyone else find this or is it just me? If so, what do you reckon is at play here? I consider myself a bit of a veteran of the game but welcome to suggestions!

Edited by Tipsi

KaC_Wolfe

I find it helps to fly with a regular wingman.  You get to know each other and cover each other when pursued.  That would help when you meet individual late war enemies but of course if they fly co-operatively as well and if they have equal or better skills...its probably game over

yes mate no f*ckers on Finnish Discord or on SRS so I'm always alone :(

• 1 month later...
GOA_FirebirdCRI_VR

From 1941 to 43 on axis, i fly only at 3500/5000 meters max for implementing Boom and Zoom. 

1944/45 i fly at maximum 2000 meters or less. ( USA/ RAF planes tendence to fell more bad in performance in general at lower altitudes, ( for example the Mustang and the Spitfire at low speeds and high turn ).

Try to fight them in Bf 109 G4 or G14 at low alt, same for the Fw190 ( i chose A5 ).

GL.

Edited by GOA_Firebird_VR