How to set Bomb delay to 20 seconds

kroepke10

kroepke10

In the settings of the game the bomb delay you can choose is 1s,2s,3s,5s,10s,and 15s. I want to change the 15s. to 20s or more. Where I have to change the Parameters in the game?

• 3 weeks later...
TP_Jacko

I was wondering why you would want to do this. Maybe to clear the drop site for a big bomb

von_Tom

Also to drop a bomb then run before the bomb going off gives away the fact that you've attacked.

von Tom

ACG_Talisman

I would expect the bomb delay options to be historically aircraft specific.  For example, we need up to 30 seconds for the upcoming Mosquito.

This is a very informative book: Royal Air Force 1939-1945 Vol III The Fight Is Won by Hilary St.George Saunders: Good (1954) | World of Rare Books (abebooks.co.uk)

Published by Her Majesty's Stationary Office in 1954, it gives some great information, including Mosquito timed bomb delay fuses for missions including 10 and 11-second delay and also 30-second delay fused bombs. 

Page 150 explains how for some targets "preliminary tests with instantaneously fused bombs dropped from a height of 2,000 ft gave no results.  It proved necessary , therefore, to descend to tree-top level and throw the bomb into the main building..."

Page 151 explains how eight to ten Mosquito aircraft attacked targets "flying in pairs, the first armed with 30-second delay fused bombs, the remainder with 10 second."

Therefore, I certainly suggest that we need the ability to adjust our Mosquito bomb delay timed fuses from zero to at least 30-seconds.

Happy landings,

Talisman

P.S.  Volumes I and II of the above book are also a very good read.