JU-52 take-off, etc

Na-zdorovie

Na-zdorovie

dam this thing is giving me grief.

first i have real probs with controls, it seems the throttles have minds of their own, up down by themselves, with or without brakes.

taxi, well thats just just a recipe for disaster, how are you supposed to get it on the runway let alone get off the ground lol.

strange thing is on the lightening campaign I'm having problems with the throttles too, but in quick flight/career no probs at all

i really wish we had plane specific controls, like whatever plane your in the controls are just for that plane, would be so much easier to sort things out.

dont suppose anyone has a pdf of the controls they have for this old girl, i gotta get it off the runway, planes are stacking up behind me and the tower are charging me by the minute :)

III./SG77-K_Bobo
Posted (edited)

Stolen from "'Pilot's Notes'
Operation features
• Engine mixture control is manual; it is necessary to lean the mixture if altitude is more than 1 km for optimal engine operation. Also, leaning the mixture allows a reduction in fuel consumption during flight.
• All three propellers are fixed pitch ones, so thrust can only be controlled by adjusting the engines throttle (from idle at 25% to maximum power at 100%). 0 20% throttle range is used for braking the landing gear wheels. Engine modes can be determined only by watching the engine RPM gauges.
• Airplane has a manually controlled horizontal stabilizer. It should be set to 0° before takeoff, to +2° during flight and to -1.5° for landing. Also, it may be used to trim the flight stick during the flight.
• The mechanical flaps control system can be controlled simultaneously with the horizontal stabilizer, these two systems can be linked or unlinked (by using flaps control buttons). It is important to note that it is possible to render the system inoperable so it would not be able to control either the stabilizer or the flaps by deviating from a standard control procedure described below.
• Before taking off, set the stabilizer to flight position +2°, engage the link and then move the stabilizer to take-off position 0° flaps will be extended to 25°.When airborne, move the stabilizer back to flight position (flaps should also fully retract) and unlink these controls. Before landing, set the stabilizer to flight position +2°, engage the link and then move the stabilizer to landing position -1.5° flaps will be fully extended to 40°.
• Airplane has separate pneumatic wheel brakes. To brake left or right wheels, move their corresponding left or right engine throttle to 20% or less. Setting the central engine throttle to 20% or less will brake both wheels. Maximum braking efficiency can be achieved by moving the throttle all the way down. In the sim, you can also use the brake buttons to move left and right engine throttles to braking position.
• Airplane is equipped with two mechanical fuel float level gauges for left and right fuel tank groups, located on the left and right engine nacelles outside the cabin.
• The left passenger door must be removed before flight for dropping paratroopers or cargo containers. Use the bomb drop button ("B" by default) to drop them.
Great tutorial here.

Edited by III./SG77-K_Bobo

Na-zdorovie

thanks for the vid, i think my biggest prob so far is the throttles, for some reason they are not working as shown, most likely conflicts somewhere i guess, be soo much easier if it was plane specific

Na-zdorovie

got it, found the problem, its not my contols bindings, its the left pedal is a bit sticky, does not effect any other plane so never noticed, ill look on poo tube for a cleaning vid