I invited 3 Pilots to Commentate on the Same Dogfight. Ft. Wolfpack345, Tempest7 and EnvyC

Enigma89

I invited 3 pilots to watch the same dogfight and to give their commentary. Each player has their own unique background that has shaped how they play the game and it's interesting to note what they decide to focus on and analyze from the same fight.

This is a new video format that I am hoping to become a regular thing and to rotate in different people to commentate, so let me know your thoughts.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
Enigma89
3 hours ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

One of the best video in a while..

Thanks so much! People seem to be liking it so motivated do a 2nd volume at some point.

69th_Mobile_BBQ
Posted (edited)

2:16 -  "So right about here...  I'd open fire."   Yeah if, you're flying German with much ammo and great volume of fire.  About 2:26 is close to the right distance for Russian, considering the damage drop off over distance and German plane durability.   Unfortunately, just like the video, it's also the same distance where you're more likely to get noticed than get a shot... 

That's not a complaint.  Just pointing out that if you're bouncing enemies using the Russian planes take extra care to be a sneaky bugger.

Edited by 69th_Mobile_BBQ
Enigma89
17 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

2:16 -  "So right about here...  I'd open fire."   Yeah if, you're flying German with much ammo and great volume of fire.  About 2:26 is close to the right distance for Russian, considering the damage drop off over distance and German plane durability.   Unfortunately, just like the video, it's also the same distance where you're more likely to get noticed than get a shot... 

That's not a complaint.  Just pointing out that if you're bouncing enemies using the Russian planes take extra care to be a sneaky bugger.

It felt a bit far for my taste but that is why it is interesting to hear from a lot of people as people all have their own method 😀

• 3 weeks later...
Raptorattacker
On 5/24/2021 at 12:33 PM, Enigma89 said:

that is why it is interesting to hear from a lot of people as people all have their own method 

My thoughts exactly!

JG27_Kornezov

The Spit was a good pilot. The moment you see him break like that you should know that if you are alone you are not in good sot to slow down. If you can judge your enemy you know what your options are. That does not mean you wouldn't because of training and fun. However FW 190 is not a single player plane, it is a team plane, and the dynamics in  the team are much different. If my team mate would be in 2 vs 1 situation he will stay with the spit, while the other stays above. The FW 190 is as maneuverable as the Spit at 400 km/h and above, only below it is more maneuverable. The idea is to minimize the time to kill parameter.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

It is pointless to repeat what the others pilots have said, but I think your bfm is wrong. You delay the pull up too much. When you see the spit giving a 9 g turn you should not try to shoot but zoom up before reaching him (not after passing him). In that way you get into much more favorable position above him. Then you should not delay your reversal, the idea is to wear off the spit's stamina, otherwise he can play this game all day long.

While the spit is making 9 G doing vlearly well executed evasive break turn, you make 5-6 G in the pull up. Then do not allow him to recover attack again. 
Finally the reason to get shot, first you need to know the guns defense (last line of defense), second whenever you overshoot try to not overshoot with low cross-angle. When you do so good pilots always have a shot on you.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov
  • Upvote 1