Basic sight questions

pocketshaver

pocketshaver

What is the method for adjusting the british gun sights for plane wingspan and convergence distance?

sturmkraehe

Convergence can be set in the plane menue and you cannot modify while flying (would be not realistic if you could as this was done on ground by mechanics).

The sight cannot be changes as far as I know.

ITAF_Airone1989

You cannot modify the convergence during the flight, but you can adjust the gunsight.

It should be in "Weapons controls" at the bottom...

Adjust horizontal gunsight (or something like that)

Dragon1-1

Plane wingspan should be set to your target's wingspan. The general rule is 33ft for fighters, 75ft for bombers, and 50ft for heavy fighters and attackers. If you know in advance what'll be fighting, you can find it's actual wingspan and adjust the sight accordingly. Gyro gunsights on late German and US aircraft have placards with wingspans of their most common opponents, and the British gyro sight has indicators for specific German aircraft on the scale, making this easier (precisely setting this is more important for the gyro sights).

For distance, set it to your convergence distance. I like to set it at 180m, because this translates neatly to a sight setting of 200 yards. When set correctly, the relation between the target aircraft's wingspan and distance between the sight's horizontal lines will tell you whether you're too far or too close for your convergence setting.

pocketshaver

Ill dig through the weapons controls for BOS see what pops up,   the CLOD-Blitz works but need to set some new bindings for it

i typed in the CLOD,, hit a random key on my keyboard and my wonderful video card popped up a user message saying i have gotten an average 298.3 frames per second on it. Damn thats nice.