Rheinland Map changes influencing old missions?

Posted (edited)

Hi, i begin to think that some changes made in the Rheinland map makes old missions maybe not running as before.

Had stutters, even freezing with one mission, that i fixed by grouping items, saving those groups and re-importing them. Trains involved BTW.

Also had ME crashes on importing an old default group in 4.601, replaced it with the same name new one (same size also) that fixed the crashing.

After loading the older group OK the ME closed suddenly on saving (CTD).This was the Rheinland_cities group BTW.

With the new version it was OK.

Has anyone else these findings? Maybe it has to do with the new railway stuff, i re edited the railway situation in a Cologne city mission,

had to do that because of new track routing it seems.

Edited by jollyjack
Posted (edited)

So i take it that the old railways are still present when you import the new railways?

Kind of logical to keep old missions working, but how do the old and new work together?

Can you set that to load automatically with the Rheinland map?

Maybe there's an integrated version if not? Must do some experiments.

Edited by jollyjack
Posted (edited)

Now where's the friggin' railway 'update' here? I'll try to fix it with a long RW bridge, seems not possible due buildings and trees in the way;

in the bridges group template there is only one bridge located on that route, but the railway stops at both ends of that single bridge.

Some one made an attempt, but it's unfinished map making business.

Missing Railway Rotterdam.jpg

Edited by jollyjack
8 hours ago, jollyjack said:

So i take it that the old railways are still present when you import the new railways?

Kind of logical to keep old missions working, but how do the old and new work together?

Can you set that to load automatically with the Rheinland map?

Maybe there's an integrated version if not? Must do some experiments.

I don't know, i check the template and if there is a change, i update my mission.

• Upvote 1