Does IL-2 have any plans to return to the Pacific war?

BSS_Bonz

Just wondering since I'm Navy... would like to know if Carrier Aviation is coming back to IL-2?

I./JG52_Woutwocampe

Who knows what will be on the menu after BON? I assume a pacific setup would require much development time and ressources. 

JG27_Steini
7 minutes ago, BSS_Bonz said:

Just wondering since I'm Navy... would like to know if Carrier Aviation is coming back to IL-2?

They really do. Problem is the lack of technical information of japanese airplanes (and all other technical stuff). The team often said that without detailed information they can not build a pacific theatre. The problem is that all those informations are simply not available and if different to translate.

Edited by JG27_Steini

Jason has stated that he wants to go there if there is an opportunity. The design plans of the planes of Japan are hard to come by, so it seems.

For the carrier aviation we may see the med as an alternative in the future. Who knows.

The team is "devving" as good as they can with the limited resources they have, so I'm very glad it's still moving at all.

Fingers crossed....

• Upvote 2

BlitzPig_EL

I certainly hope so.  I want to be able to use my old sig again...

elskiubikb4.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, I./JG52_Woutwocampe said:

Who knows what will be on the menu after BON? I assume a pacific setup would require much development time and ressources. 

How? Building landscape and populating it with trees, buildings, bases, roads, hills etc is much harder than creating a large water area that surrounds many little islands.

Edited by Zeev

Gambit21
12 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

I certainly hope so.  I want to be able to use my old sig again...

Me too.

Warrant Officer Yamaha Kawasaki!

1 minute ago, Bremspropeller said:

BoNG would be a really nice title...

Almost as good as BoGuad.

😝

• Haha 2

I./JG52_Woutwocampe
1 minute ago, Zeev said:

How? Building landscape and populating it with trees, buildings, bases etc is much harder than creating a large water area that surrounds many little islands.

I was thinking about large ships fleets, carriers and the mechanics behind takeoff and landings or carriers. Missions would also be very long depending on the chosen battle so a better time compress would be useful. An entire new set of japanese planes 'from scratch'. I aint no dev, I dont know how much work would be required. I'd certainely buy it. A mediterranean setup sounds nice too.

BlitzPig_EL
19 minutes ago, Zeev said:

How? Building landscape and populating it with trees, buildings, bases, roads, hills etc is much harder than creating a large water area that surrounds many little islands.

There is a lot more to the war against Imperial Japan than stubby, blue painted aircraft, and trackless miles of the blue Pacific.

Lots more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5