Beute Shermans

SCG_Baryonyx

SCG_Baryonyx

Hello! After completion of my Gruppe Fehrmann project, I bring you the next one. Sherman tanks captured by the Germans and pressed into service!

Also known under the official designation "PzKpfw. M4 748(a)". The letter in bracket refers to the country of origin of the captured vehicle.

Many were also used without their turrets as ammunition carriers or armored recovery vehicles. Though in this project I will only work on M4A2 versions due to other versions looking too unsimilar, especially those with the cast, round hull.

I am aware that the use of these skins might be limited. You can use them together with german tanks in the custom battle missions, or make your own missions that allow the Axis side access to Shermans.

Either way, here is the first one, and according to Mark Felton, it is a formerly soviet Sherman too that I chose to depict first.

Beute Sherman 1 Download: Mediafire link

Beute Sherman 2 Download: Mediafire link

20210415155110-1.jpg

20210425154623-1.jpg

More Screenshots:

Spoiler

20210415155127-1.jpg

20210415155153-1.jpg

20210425154659-1.jpg

20210425154721-1.jpg

Historical Photos:

Spoiler

m4-german-3.jpg

1cc265cecdbde47de81455907338e85a.jpg

m4-german5.jpg

grafik.pnggrafik.png

grafik.png

grafik.png

HXl3kvNXRSAGp7bDAx-V0mK9AZBK4qbeH8g8Wdzc

grafik.png

Scale Modeler's impressions:

My special thanks go to:

DigitalForms and ICDP for creating the skin template, which is awesome to work with.

Please let me know your opinions and feedback. If you know of any references for these tanks that I have not already included, please post them too. (Only M4A2 please)

Edited by SCG_Baryonyx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

SCG_Baryonyx

The second skin has been released now, depicting a vehicle which has been painted over a lot more hastily that the first one, from the looks of it.

• Like 1