Someone put me out of my misery re views issue !

Is FIXED SNAP VIEW only available without head tracking? .... I only seem to have CENTRED SNAP VIEW available with tracking on but I can use FIXED SNAP VIEW when its off

Trying to use a joy stick button (mapped to PILOT HEAD SNAP POSITION:FORWARD) to move to gunsight view but with tracking on I have to hold the button down .... I want it to toggle as in FIXED SNAP VIEW? 

Thanks in advance     

Edited by KPnutskgwanchos
incomplete
  • KPnutskgwanchos changed the title to Someone put me out of my misery re views issue !
35 minutes ago, KPnutskgwanchos said:

Aw come on... Someone must know this one 

I almost never use the snap views or anything like that so I'm not a good source for this.

Spitballing, I suspect that when you have headtracking engaged the device is providing constant head position input that over-rides the snap views.

Or possibly you are in 'pan view' mode when using headtracking which prevents the use of snap views.

47 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

I almost never use the snap views or anything like that so I'm not a good source for this.

Spitballing, I suspect that when you have headtracking engaged the device is providing constant head position input that over-rides the snap views.

Or possibly you are in 'pan view' mode when using headtracking which prevents the use of snap views.

Yes that's the assumption I'm making I guess.. But the tease is being able to do what I want but only by keeping the button held down... Logic says that a toggle should work too for the same view ... But it seems not... Cheers for the reply tho 👍