Developer Diary 276 - Discussion

• 1CGS
1 minute ago, Han said:
Hello everybody,

Another week has passed and our work has moved another step forward. The Collector AAA vehicle, 25-mm automatic gun installed on the chassis of the GAZ-MM truck will be finished soon - the physical model of the truck is ready, as are the automatic gun animations and functioning, all animations of the chassis and the crew as well as gun ballistics and damage model are also done.

Meanwhile, a part of our mapping department works on improving the railyards on the Rheinland map (Bodenplatte project). They aren't the most striking or shiny detail of the numerous cities on this map, but they do improve the overall visual look of the scene and make the landscape more realistic. This time we can show you the screenshots of the railroad structures in the cities of Cologne, Brussels, Bonn, Duisburg, Liege, Mainz, Frankfurt am Mein.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 5
  • Han pinned this topic

The quality on the AA truck seems to be outsanding. I bought the German one once it was announced for more scenario purpouses but I couldn't hold back anymore for this one after the images.

cd93b82f2133401da8ca6d6d1fc306b7.png

Good going!

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am very happy that the Rhineland map is being improved, there is hope that the Walcheren island will be improved? It was involved in heavy fighting in October-November 1944.

map.png

70567737.jpg

• Upvote 7

Happy days,

The Great Battles Series is living up to it's title, (it's the best by far imo). Pilot combat with other player roles and visa versa is really good value. It's a pleasure to see how the sim has grown over the years. Great work as always, thank you Team > Wonderful, you all truly are awesome! :)

Edited by Boomerang

"Another week has passed and our work has moved another step forward. The Collector AAA vehicle, 25-mm automatic gun installed on the chassis of the GAZ-MM truck will be finished soon - the physical model of the truck is ready, as are the automatic gun animations and functioning, all animations of the chassis and the crew as well as gun ballistics and damage model are also done. The correction system for the gunsight that turned out to be incredibly complex kinematically is in. The unique audio and more detailed tech of the tires visualization and deformation are icing on the cake. All these elements have something new and are believed to be interesting for the end-user to familiarize with and learn something new. At the moment we're improving the visual look of the new vehicle, the texturing of the gun, and apply the new DVD tech we talked about in our previous Dev Blog to make the result the best. "

This is a flight simulator that I bought. Worked more on flight models and visibility.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 3

I can't wait to get my hands on that truck and learn all its little quirks. It's unique and interesting vehicles like this that really make Great Battles stand out as a sim. And thank you to the team for all the hard work in delivering these new additions.

• Upvote 2

I'm old enough to remember when there were only steam locomotives.

How three huge engines climbing a grade with a hundred cars strung out behind them would fill a valley with soft coal smoke.

There is no more visual embodiment of power than a steam locomotive--it's all on the outside where you can see it, and be amazed by it.

The air may be cleaner and trains more efficient because of modern diesels, otherwise, visually, we have lost everything that once inspired youngsters to want a train set, and to grow up and be an engineer. 

Develop a player operated locomotive and I'll be the first to buy.

• Like 3

I was going to joke over or under for the first nitwit to criticize the DD because this is a "flight simulator" and set it at 50 post and i was worred that would be too low. LOL

BTW, this is not a flight simulator. This is flight combat simulator which simulates ground attacks, so anything on the ground needs to be developed as well. Oh, and the developers are not just developing "combat flight simulator, but also a Tank simulator. So poo poo on you! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 13

Very nice work.

Do you plan to improve the lowlands railway’s net?

Most of the tactical bombings during the per-invasion air campaign took place there with light and medium bombers

Looking great!

One question regarding the AAA vehicles. Will the firing block tranversal movement by locking the turret or will you keep this game-like that you can rotate the turret while firing?

1 hour ago, BOS-KrausseBouse said:

This is a flight simulator that I bought. Worked more on flight models and visibility.

The way it works is, they develop additional content to sell to make profit in order to be able to pay their developers to also tweak and improve existing features including flight models, visibility, AI and other things in parallel.   And this has been going on for some time.  No one can afford to make continuous improvements for free to a base product for perpetuity just to make you or I happy.

• Upvote 11
1 hour ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

I was going to joke over or under for the first nitwit to criticize the DD because this is a "flight simulator" and set it at 50 post and i was worred that would be too low. LOL

I was going to do the same and call it the "That Guy" pool.  As in How Many Posts Before That Guy shows up.   😁

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

The GAZ flak truck looks superb, looking forward to taking it for a run to see what mischief I can get up to.:cool:

The map detailing helps a lot with immersion and is looking great, these areas were priority targets for the bombers so are much needed on the map.:drinks:

Thank you very much for the update, really appreciated.

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Good stuff. Thanks for the update 👍. The railyards and stations are are a definite (and much-needed improvement) and that flak truck sure looks interesting.

Now, which airfield is going to best for a racetrack...? 😉

1 hour ago, BOS-KrausseBouse said:

Man, it’s all fun and games until Karen shows up and wants to speak to the manager.

• Haha 14

You were just a bit faster than me : I have the same question about the AA trucks : will it be possible to drive them with a FFB wheel ? Will it be possible to use Pedals : Gas/Brake/Clutch ? Gearbox ? 
AND if yes will we have any FFB in the wheel .
No misunderstanding   i m not looking for a sharp FFB as needed to race a Porsche GT3- RS at Spa Francorchamps , but at least some credible reactions in the wheel ?

I dont think i would buy a complete racing wheel just to play those trucks  if i had none ... it' s just because i' ve got one and it would be much more fun to drive them with a wheel rather than a keyboard or even a pad ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Great looking update! Glad I picked up the AA vehicles last month. I have a feeling these will be more complex than the point and shoot ones we have in Warthunder :)

Railyards look great. Love how you guys keep adding detail to the older maps as things progress! Keep it up.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, /top_lad/CaptainJack said:

Please please please, Can I use my sim racing rig (FFB wheel, gear shifter and pedals) to drive the GAZ. This is important.

Bitchen idea... I'll start laying out the first race track in the ME!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1