Online persistent stats keeper

genelovesjezebel

genelovesjezebel

Has anyone produced an app similar to the ones Combatbox, FinnishVirtualPilots....

focused on just you the online player?

It should record only your stats, no one elses.

genelovesjezebel

Seriously i ask you CountZero, why can you not alter the creators' work for server persistant

stat collecting and have it apply only to one IP address?

I know you are intelligent enough to do this.

I wish i had that kinda coding prowess.

Pls see what you can do...do us all a solid, it

would definitely increase online player numbers.

LLv34_Temuri
On 3/10/2021 at 6:28 AM, genelovesjezebel said:

Has anyone produced an app similar to the ones Combatbox, FinnishVirtualPilots....

focused on just you the online player?

It should record only your stats, no one elses.

How were you going to do this? Having an application that goes to the stats sites of different servers and pulls the data from there? As a client on a server, you don't have access to the logs that are used to gather stats.

=FEW=Revolves

Pretty sure some form of this is possible:

You can generate logs of your own sorties by specifying the "mission_text_log" and "text_log_folder" in your startup.cfg, and iirc they have basically the same format as the ones used for the IL-2 stats websites, so you could likely even reuse the log parsing part out of IL-2 stats. I don't know if it's possible to read out the server name from the logs though.

If that doesn't work you could make a web crawler, which would parse in your sorties from the html on the stats websites once a day or so. The main issue here is that all of the websites are slightly different, so you'd need a pretty robust way to find out where your stats are - so it would likely be error-prone and annoying to code :<

CountZero
15 hours ago, genelovesjezebel said:

Seriously i ask you CountZero, why can you not alter the creators' work for server persistant

stat collecting and have it apply only to one IP address?

I know you are intelligent enough to do this.

I wish i had that kinda coding prowess.

Pls see what you can do...do us all a solid, it

would definitely increase online player numbers.

Im not coder or programer all i did on mods for stats are product of staring realy hard at screan and test and fail untill it work, for mutch longer then some programer would do to achive same, i maybe edit them to work as at time no one was interested to do that but i mostly dont even understand how stats system work, also i never worked with python before or after it otside this mods for stats so my knowladge here is veary limited.

Also i dont undrstand what would be point of having aditional option on stats that display only for one player, i maybe dont fully understand your post, but cant you just look at your stats now and dont mined other players stats if thats the point. Just bookmark your name for example like this: https://combatbox.net/en/pilot/2996/Batzet/   and when you click only thing you see is that guys stats every time you chac web page of servers stats.

Edited by CountZero

LLv34_Temuri
20 hours ago, =FEW=Revolves said:

You can generate logs of your own sorties by specifying the "mission_text_log" and "text_log_folder" in your startup.cfg, and iirc they have basically the same format as the ones used for the IL-2 stats websites, so you could likely even reuse the log parsing part out of IL-2 stats. I don't know if it's possible to read out the server name from the logs though.

21 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

As a client on a server, you don't have access to the logs that are used to gather stats.

If you use the mission_text_log setting on a client, it's only for your single player missions.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Like 1

=FEW=Revolves

OK so a finicky web crawler then. More difficult, but not impossible :<