Inkompetent

Exploit opportunity of very upset WoT players

Greetings!

Today Gaijin Enterntainment made an announcement that they will completely remove part of their simulator battles for airplanes, and this has made their simulator-community very, very upset and disappointed.

A lot of those players are on the fence about buying BoS or not, and there are many players that feel that BoS is a bit too expensive for their small budgets.

I think it would be a great opportunity to have a sale on IL-2 BoS to catch the disappointed players.

• Upvote 1

The WT (not WoT as you put it) crowd should first read everything they can about BoS. It is not what many had hoped for and might not be what the upset FRB fans are looking for. Read once and cry less is my suggestion, not the price tag for an unfinished product.

Don't agree with Blechbohrer, as a WT closed beta tester and player since 2012 I know there are basicly no "hardcore" simmers (or however you want to call it) left over there. Only a very small number of very dedicated simmers might still show some minor interest in WT, but that's a pathetic minority (even in WT sim community terms).

Most guys over there are fighter pilots looking for interesting dogfight simulation and maybe advanced bomber mechanics, which BoS offers both even at this very early stage.

The comunity comunication with devs/mods also works way better here in the forum, though this was also the case in WT during closed beta stage when development was much different form it's current state.

• Upvote 2

I can confirm what 5tuk4 is saying. Most of the SB-pilots in WT (at least that talk in the chats) are NOT hardcore simmers. They aren't after a study-sim, but they do want a realistic game. I think BoS fits the bill for many of them.

Today Gaijin Enterntainment made an announcement that they will completely remove part of their simulator battles for airplanes

Link please

I'm a WT player, and most simulator mode players I've spoken to have either bought BoS or are thinking about buying it.

Yeah, lots of us are jumping ship.

I bought BoS some time ago because I felt it was worth supporting, but as it stands now it's the only alternative :)

Edited by Cpt_Branko

Hello there,

I bought IL2 BoS & IL2 CloD  3 or 4 months ago when I finally saw that Gaijin didnt gave a damn about SB.

Welcome to every WarThunder SB player, I really think you will find what you seek here or in IL2:CloD in the meantime (it's cheap and great with Team Fusion patch, try it out, really...).

I hope there will be good A2G missions :)

Edited by lirian

War Thunder has potential the Devs just don't use. BoS has potential the Devs don't use.

The good thing about the Devs of BoS is, they, sometimes too late, answer questions from the community. What has been said in the last few weeks was not what was advertised when I joined the Alpha.

I agree that cockpits don't have to be fully interactive, I also agree that it should be kept simple for beginners but still challenging for the veterans.

The target audience is not the hardcore simmer. It seems the target audience is the War Thunder sim crowd with joystick and TrackIR.

At 51% BoS is still an empty shell for me. Coming from War Thunder, too, I enjoy the realism in BoS and hate the lack of details. No Divebrakes, no bomb management. I am waiting for a objective based multiplayer mode to see if BoS is just another War Thunder for the priviledged or has a future for me. 

This is completely objective and others may love the game. But I am not others and can only tell what I was made to believe when I bought BoS. It was not what it is by the answers of the Developers.

All I said in my first post in this thread was to use caution and not think of BoS as the holy grail for Flight simulations. It is a fun game with potential...just like War Thunder used to be.

I agree on all that, but it seems they decided to pull the plug over there instead of leveraging the potential the game had and fixing issues. So... here we are :)

Spending days to make snap views work well for all aircraft and such tomfoolery :shrug:

Edited by Cpt_Branko

Bad idea for WT to combine ground forces and air in the same game. The "mouse" players will just gravitate to tanks where mouse play is easier and the air action will disappear.

Come over to BoS. Welcome!

Bad idea for WT to combine ground forces and air in the same game. The "mouse" players will just gravitate to tanks where mouse play is easier and the air action will disappear.

Well, in that case, I'll rule the skies with my joystick.

It's interesting to note that WT initially were the first to promote VR integration many months ago and then virtually stopped developing cockpits for their remaining bomber aircraft only a short time after that.  Must be painful for all those poor chaps that spent time unlocking 200+ aircraft only to get the silent treatment from the team for nearly 2 months. It's like an empty abandoned mega-mall with stray dogs running around.

It's not that bad actually as mouse players driving tanks help to fill up the almost non existing SB community in mixed battles making up for more frequent matches with more people in.

The main reason I got so upset of WT flying there in a squadrom for almost 3 years since joining the Cb was the FM development. I applied as a ressearch pilot and ended up as a FM dev, but things weren't as pretty behind the scenes as I expected them to be.

After half a year of hard working I quit this position and my fate to Gaijin has vanished completely. which later (current) FM devleopment seemed to justify completely.

It's more than obvious the main reason to love BoS are the absolutely detailed FMs and DMs, both of which WiP, but still way more simulating the "real feel" of flight.

Edited by [Jg26]5tuk4

It was a difficult group to work for, I agree. They had some talented and knowledgeable folks working for them, it's amazing they would disregard them as often as they did. If the majority jumps ship, and ends up here, be ready for all of the Quasi-sexual anime and My Little Pony avatars/signatures

This is probably true for any tank game...I was wondering already how pink ponies fit into a ww2 game. When the boys bedrooms are nowadays wallpapered with ponies, anime characters and the colour pink...are girls bedrooms now showing off skulls, knives and guns instead of half-naked boygroup singers?

Nothing against either of the aforementioned, just a strange combination of interests (war and pink ponies). But then again, the average age of the casual War Thunder player compared to the "Simmers" is pretty much a father-son thing...

WT is not part of the sim community, and Aces High has added ground vehicles without problem.

This is probably true for any tank game...I was wondering already how pink ponies fit into a ww2 game.

They fit in there because people want them to. And although it's weird, I haven't got a problem with it.

When the boys bedrooms are nowadays wallpapered with ponies, anime characters and the colour pink...are girls bedrooms now showing off skulls, knives and guns instead of half-naked boygroup singers?

Most of the War Thunder fans with the anime sigs are girls, actually. I actually like the anime sigs a bit... except for the ones with gratuitous panty shots... that's just kind of creepy.

And I don't know what people my age have on their bedroom walls. I've got a Spitfire and Daleks though.

Nothing against either of the aforementioned, just a strange combination of interests (war and pink ponies). But then again, the average age of the casual War Thunder player compared to the "Simmers" is pretty much a father-son thing...

You're right about the age thing. I think it's pretty cool that WT is getting more people my age interested in WWII.

be ready for all of the Quasi-sexual anime and My Little Pony avatars/signatures

Well, we already have some sexual pin-up avatars here, and there are a few pony sigs over at SUBSIM.com, (loads of guys here are members of SUBSIM), so it wouldn't be very different from what most of us are used to.

Most of the War Thunder fans with the anime sigs are girls, actually. I actually like the anime sigs a bit... except for the ones with gratuitous panty shots... that's just kind of creepy.

I had interaction with a fair number of them, when doing the moderation stuff, and of the ones I spoke to, they were exclusively male.

Now I'm wondering what the reaction would be, if a large group of us went to an MLP forum, and started discussing air combat, with unit specific signatures and flight related avatars?

Edited by [JG2]Creepermoss

I had interaction with a fair number of them, when doing the moderation stuff, and of the ones I spoke to, they were exclusively male.

Well, I didn't spend that much time on the WT forum, so you probably have more of an idea about all this stuff.

Now I'm wondering what the reaction would be, if a large group of us went to an MLP forum, and started discussing air combat, with unit specific signatures and flight related avatars?

I have no idea how they'd react. Let's find out :)

Edited by [AJSA]_Cybermat47

no one who's going to stick around wot/gaijin community wouldn't know about this game. and if they know but don't want it, it's not for them.

Hi  so here we are,  A lot of those players are on the fence about buying BoS or not, and there are many players that feel that BoS is a bit too expensive for their small budgets,?

but were trying to still suport you ,we all payed  out on pc at list 2 in that last few years trying to stay with the game ?

im hopeing for things to get gental on us all, money wise.

we all like what has been done the games great and getting better. but a fair understanding has to be had on such matters ?

lock on in normal and campain mode is a must,no no second thought ,A MUST, pls let us have it, as so many dont have track ir ?it as simple as that?? it a game saver ??  just loveing the game ? still waiting for my he 111 to show up,im sure it will

im just saying what a lot will think ,and wounder why it hasnt  gone that way,do what was done in il2 fb and free patch stuff and alot  of cheap updates and dont forget the, lock on, and you got us all ? 

Edited by deckerrunner