Quest 2 performance vs Rift s

Hello!!!

I bought quest2 a few days ago,and wondering about the quality and performance vs rift s.I have the same settings ingame as i had with rift s.I play through opencomposite with both.

The resolution in q2 is set in oculus software to 1.0,the panel resolution.My question is,how can i have solid 80 frames in q2,when rift s dips all the time to about 60-55fps even though

the resolution is smaller.I am not complaining,at all,just wondering.Q2 is really good.I had reverb g2 for a couple of days,but the insane amount of tweaking and never got it to run

properly drove me nuts and returned it.My rig ts i7 9700k @5ghz 16g 3200 rtx 2080 oc 

I have run both headsets on my laptop and the Rift S has far better performance and the image quality without reprojection is superior to the Quest 2 with ASW on (i.e. blurred). I just don't think Oculus Link works as well as native pc vr. I would recommend a dedicated pc vr headset. I have also tried the reverb G1 and you are right that WMR is a buggy mess. Right now I am very happy with my Rift S.

5 minutes ago, =AW=drewm3i-VR said:

I have run both headsets on my laptop and the Rift S has far better performance and the image quality without reprojection is superior to the Quest 2 with ASW on (i.e. blurred). I just don't think Oculus Link works as well as native pc vr. I would recommend a dedicated pc vr headset. I have also tried the reverb G1 and you are right that WMR is a buggy mess. Right now I am very happy with my Rift S.

It can't. While the software for Link works pretty good, it is still doing a lot of compressing and decompressing on the fly whereas native PC-VR is not.

Native will always have an advantage over Oculus Link.

2 minutes ago, dburne said:

It can't. While the software for Link works pretty good, it is still doing a lot of compressing and decompressing on the fly whereas native PC-VR is not.

Native will always have an advantage over Oculus Link.

I would add I have found the image looks crisper, sharper, and more vibrant in my rift s when upscale (subjective).