Otto Kissenberth's Albatros

Otto Kissenberth is my favorite pilot.  I'm hoping that someone here has or will create one of his albatros, either the all black tail, or the half-white tail.  I've seen the Pfalz in his colors (black with the Baverian Edelweiss on the sides).  

I've had some small experience in skinning, but these files are new to me, and so I am struggling to get started on my own.

Is it appropriate to make requests here?

Edited by RFC_Maqui
I fulfilled my own initial request, so crossed out the text to avoid confusion.
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Managed it myself.

Here are the previews for Otto Kissenberth's skins for Jasta 16b early 1917, with the white tail, and Jasta 23b late 1917 with the black tail and lozenge camo.

These are my first skins for Flying Circus, so criticism is appreciated.

Link to a Shared Dropbox containing the two skin files Maqui's Skins

Kissenberth Jasta 16b.jpg

Kissenberth Jasta 23b.jpg

Kissenberth White Tail Jasta 16.png

Edited by RFC_Maqui
  • Like 8
13 hours ago, HylaHyla said:

I can't believe this is your first try at skinning. Well done with both versions and thank you for sharing!

Technically, it isn't my first time editing skins.  I used to create skins for an arcade-like WWI game on IOS called Rise of Glory.  The skins were never public, so only viewable by the user.  But I really enjoyed replacing the default skins with historical ones.  The skins for Flying Circus are more challenging to do, being higher resolution, and chopped up into pieces.  But my PhotoShop skills are adequate enough to get me started.  I'm looking forward to learning from others so that I can get better.

• Like 1

Didn't know if you knew about this, but the WW1 Aviation heritage Trust had this Albatros flying in a display in Sept 2020.

It was originally from NZ.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fu3DSBbUt3ii_qE4o1EGVcMmnlrncJNP/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cCg4BykvbsZd4Xev1Ascd9e2-7QvIUr5/view?usp=sharing

If it's flying later this year, I might go and see it at Stow Maries in Essex.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, J5_Daedallus said:

Didn't know if you knew about this, but the WW1 Aviation heritage Trust had this Albatros flying in a display in Sept 2020.

It was originally from NZ.

Good stuff! When I was last at Shuttleworth I was speaking to the mechanics and they mentioned there were some overheating issues with that Alb due to the black paint...! 

• Like 1