Game version 4.506 discussion: Fw 190 A-6; Bf 109 E-7 in 4K, other changes

Han

• 1CGS
1 minute ago, Han said:

Dear friends,

Today our team presents you the first IL-2 Great Battles update in 2021, 4.506. The main feature of this update is the Fw 190 A-6 fighter/bomber developed for the Battle of Normandy. The Normandy map is in development, but you can already fly the new aircraft in Rheineland Career mode, provided you have both Battle of Normandy and Bodenplatte. You can also encounter the new A-6 as an enemy in the recent Wind of Fury campaign and anyone can set it up as an AI in quick missions.

In addition to the new arrival, there is a significant number of other changes and improvements.

News on 4.506 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Like 23
  • Thanks 13
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

• Han pinned this topic

Awesome sauce! New ''splosions look great!

44. The hook on port cranes is raised higher so it won't prevent larger ships to dock underneath;

Hopefully this will mean I tear the wing off my a20 on one less frequently...

• Haha 4

Melonfish

Wow, that is an update!
Cracking work as always, looking forward to trying it all out.

itsbillyfrazier

Woohoo!

The updates sound very cool.

Cant wait to try the A-6. The new AI improvements and new explosion detail is most welcome too.

Thank you Devs/ICDP/Oyster_Kai

PatrickAWlson

Looked up and saw FW190 A-6/  Wondered when that happened then realized "12 minutes ago"

Thanks team

• Upvote 1

LLv34_Untamo

Nice update. One question though about:

36. HE rounds of 72-K, 61-K, Flak 36, Flak 38, Flakvierling 38, Sh-37, NS-37, BK-3.7, M4 and Vickers Class S now have self-destruct fuzes (HE rounds without such fuzes were not used on these guns);

Do we get self-destruct fuzes for Minengeschoss sometime in the future?

RNAS10_Oliver

9. On all aircraft with set throttle control positions the current position is shown in the technochat instead of the throttle percentage;

I'm curious about what aircraft in the game have throttles with limited positions? I've only used the planes that were used in Britain and the Commonwealth (both the wars) and don't think I've noticed throttles limited in that manner. So am interested to learn that there are aircraft in game have them.

Has the same change been made to other engine controls, such as mixture or prop, as there are various aircraft that have set positions for these. For example in the Tempest does the techno chat now state start, normal or cut-out when you operate the "mixture" control?

Edited by Oliver88

FlyingShark

Wow, impressive list of improvements.

I'm also surprised that we get the A6 already, I remember that in one of the previous DD's they said there wouldn't be new planes for some time.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Thanks for the update and look forward to testing the A-6 tonight 🙂👍

Edited by w00dy

[DBS]Browning
10 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

I'm curious about what aircraft in the game have throttles with limited positions?

The N.28.

silvergun

Thanks for the update

...however the Bf 109 G-6 Late graphical bugs have not been adressed, namely: the radiator interior is transparent on both sides, and two instruments do not have any kind of glass reflections.

On there: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/67860-graphics-models-and-maps/?do=findComment&comment=1042130

Regarding the Fw 190 A-6, again disappointed, it is similar to the Bf 109 G-6 Late with recycled assets, but this time using A-3 / A-5 models showing its age and the low polygon count compared to the new models.

Thanks for Bf 109 E-7 4K external textures, new GFX effects and the other improvements.

Edited by silvergun
  • Sad 2

E69_geramos109

Thank you ! This plane will bring ton of fun and new things as well

Well done! I am fried CocaCola with the news

LF_Gallahad
24 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

I'm curious about what aircraft in the game have throttles with limited positions? I've only used the planes that were used in Britain and the Commonwealth (both the wars) and don't think I've noticed throttles limited in that manner. So am interested to learn that there are aircraft in game have them.

Has the same change been made to other engine controls, such as mixture or prop, as there are various aircraft that have set positions for these. For example in the Tempest does the techno chat now state start, normal or cut-out when you operate the "mixture" control?

Hello,

This means that when you have fixed positions for the mixture, the technochat will show the position instead of a %.

When there are no presets or indicated positions in the physical quadrant, a % will be shown instead (as it was before).

This will be easier to use and also corresponds to technical manuals or tips i.e.: Use Auto-lean for cruise and Auto-rich for normal operations.

b9a0c6a0086878fbabda3b8d371db0e3.jpg

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Thanks 1

• 1CGS
20 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

I'm curious about what aircraft in the game have throttles with limited positions?

Typo in improvements list. There should be "mixture" instead of a "throttle".

So,

22 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

For example in the Tempest does the techno chat now state start, normal or cut-out when you operate the "mixture" control?

exactly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 5

BlitzPig_EL

Great stuff guys.

Beyond the FW, there are some very interesting additions for mission builders, even n00b builders like me.

AlexandreCosta

It is running much smoother on my potato pc now. Having read the update log I didn't see anything related to it.

RNAS10_Oliver

11 minutes ago, Gavrick said:

Typo in improvements list. There should be "mixture" instead of a "throttle".

So,

exactly.

Thanks for the answer (the other members responses were not answers to the questions). The change is welcome.

Edited by Oliver88

kestrel79
18 minutes ago, LF_Gallahad said:

Hello,

This means that when you have fixed positions for the mixture, the technochat will show the position instead of a %.

When there are no presets or indicated positions in the physical quadrant, a % will be shown instead (as it was before).

This will be easier to use and also corresponds to technical manuals or tips i.e.: Use Auto-lean for cruise and Auto-rich for normal operations.

b9a0c6a0086878fbabda3b8d371db0e3.jpg

Awesome this looks like it will be really handy. I always hated wondering with my Mixture set to 66% and it moved up a tik to 67% am I still in Auto Rich or now? Now I'll know thanks!

Looks like another great update improving the entire core game. 

• Upvote 1

Nothing about the tank turret which turns on its own when changing position.

Nothing about the default locking gun.

Too bad, maybe next time.

PatrickAWlson
38 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Great stuff guys.

Beyond the FW, there are some very interesting additions for mission builders, even n00b builders like me.

Spectacular explosions, coming soon.

• Like 1

jollyjack

And (don't mention the war), but is the ME finally crash free in 4.506 ??? 😛🙏😮

WOOT? New update with  FW-190 A6?  🥰:dance:

I just finished shoveling that half meter snow that we got last night. I'll pour a nice cup of coffee, turn off my phone🤣, put on some music and just fly.

Thank you guys! :music: :fly:

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

PatrickAWlson
5 minutes ago, No_Face said:

Nothing about the tank turret which turns on its own when changing position.

Nothing about the default locking gun.

Too bad, maybe next time.

Also nothing about fully functional infantry, clickable cockpits, the Ju87B, Italy, the Pacific, corps reconnaissance planes for FC,  or my breakfast served to me each morning either.  Still, an FW190 A6.  I'll take it.

Can we please have an update without immediate complaints on everything that is NOT in it?  Complaints have a place.  This is not it.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 26

3 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Also nothing about fully functional infantry, clickable cockpits, the Ju87B, Italy, the Pacific, corps reconnaissance planes for FC,  or my breakfast served to me each morning either.  Still, an FW190 A6.  I'll take it.

Can we please have an update without immediate complaints on everything that is NOT in it?  Complaints have a place.  This is not it.

Sorry, I (stupidly) thought I had the right to express myself. 😔

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

randybutternubs
3 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

It's a pretty annoying and gamebreaking bug that has been around for quite some time. Very simple to revert to the previous control scheme but nobody seems to find the inclination or time.

I agree with No_Face

Sure release it on a Tuesday...It's not like yesterday was a civic holiday for me or anything....I much prefer a new update on my first day back to work 🤪

Great work Devs, much appreciated!

PatrickAWlson
4 minutes ago, No_Face said:

Sorry, I (stupidly) thought I had the right to express myself. 😔

You do have that right.  You do not have a right to drop whatever you want wherever you want and not be challenged. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 12

• Han unpinned this topic