A couple thoughts from a noob

If it's easy to code it would be nice to -

1.) be able to see shadows from trees, etc when in the opened hatch view (outside the cupola) of the commanders position.  I do see the shadows on the tank when i get in 3rd person view, so I know it's there in the game.  It's a little unsettling to be on the Finnish Server and know your under a tree but not feel like it while exposed above the turret.

2.) reduce the instance of a total ammo rack explosion if you choose fewer rounds of ammo on board.  in short carry less, get racked less....

3.) have better effect from angling armor.  Right now it mainly leads to a cut track, it might be cool to decrease track cutting then increase armor deflection by angling.  It would make the interplay between gunner, commander and driver more realistic.  Tigerfibel, the original Tiger tank crew manual called these 4-cornered angled positions something like "breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner."  I angle out of habit from WT...not with a Panther of course.

Thank you Mods.

11PP

Edited by 11thPanzer_Pete
  • Upvote 2
13 hours ago, 11thPanzer_Pete said:

If it's easy to code it would be nice to -

1.) be able to see shadows from trees, etc when in the opened hatch view (outside the cupola) of the commanders position.  I do see the shadows on the tank when i get in 3rd person view, so I know it's there in the game.  It's a little unsettling to be on the Finnish Server and know your under a tree but not feel like it while exposed above the turret.

2.) reduce the instance of a total ammo rack explosion if you choose fewer rounds of ammo on board.  in short carry less, get racked less....

3.) have better effect from angling armor.  Right now it mainly leads to a cut track, it might be cool to decrease track cutting then increase armor deflection by angling.  It would make the interplay between gunner, commander and driver more realistic.  Tigerfibel, the original Tiger tank crew manual called these 4-cornered angled positions something like "breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner."  I angle out of habit from WT...not with a Panther of course.

Thank you Mods.

11PP

Nice ideas, unfortunately they are not possible to mod these.

You can add them to the list of what we want to have in the game, but point 2 and 3 was already mentioned several times.

Have a nice day.

• Upvote 1

Foliage on tanks sounds awesome for the game. I'm a noobs noob here. I have to confess I am not even aware of the tricks and tactics of land units other than air support. I just made the purchase of this unit of the game and hope I don't muck up more experienced players too much as I assimilate game mechanics.

• Upvote 1