Jump to content

Symbols on the map


greybeard_52
 Share

Recommended Posts

greybeard_52

I see some strange symbols on the map during the briefing; I guess each of them has a meaning, but I haven't been able to find it in the manual. Can someone help me?

2021_2_3__10_0_28.png

Edited by greybeard_52
attaching a screenshot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, greybeard_52 said:

I see some strange symbols on the map during the briefing; I guess each of them has a meaning, but I haven't been able to find it in the manual. Can someone help me?

2021_2_3__10_0_28.png

 

These are artillery gun positions and fortified positions (the one with the spiked half-circle)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

greybeard_52
3 minutes ago, THERION said:

These are artillery gun positions and fortified positions (the one with the spiked half-circle)

Thanks!😃 Where did you get this information?🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, greybeard_52 said:

Thanks!😃 Where did you get this information?🤔

 

I used to be Sgt in the Swiss Mountain Infantry and led the company's commando squad, which was responsible drawing

the maps for the commander, doing recce missions and coded transmissions etc. - more than 30 years ago...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DD_Arthur
1 hour ago, THERION said:

 

I used to be Sgt in the Swiss Mountain Infantry and led the company's commando squad, which was responsible drawing

the maps for the commander, doing recce missions and coded transmissions etc. - more than 30 years ago...

 

Hey Therion! Impressed👍

I used to be a Commando but that was thirty-six years ago...

 

Now I’m just an old fool😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FlyingShark
2 hours ago, THERION said:

These are artillery gun positions and fortified positions (the one with the spiked half-circle)

Me too I've been wondering what they were.

Thank you for the information.


Have a nice day.

 

:salute:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yogiflight
3 hours ago, greybeard_52 said:

I see some strange symbols on the map during the briefing; I guess each of them has a meaning, but I haven't been able to find it in the manual. Can someone help me?

In the German Bundeswehr the sign for the fortified position would be just a machinegun in a fortified position, in game it is two heavy tanks plus one AA gun mounted on a truck.

 

BTW, there also is a sign similar to the one for the artillery guns just with an angle at the end of the middle line, this is the sign for an anti tank gun position.

Edited by Yogiflight
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

pocketshaver

now if they were just able to make the enemy aircraft symbol not be 5 miles AWAY from the enemy aircraft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...