Symbols on the map

greybeard_52

greybeard_52

I see some strange symbols on the map during the briefing; I guess each of them has a meaning, but I haven't been able to find it in the manual. Can someone help me?

2021_2_3__10_0_28.png

Edited by greybeard_52
attaching a screenshot

1 hour ago, greybeard_52 said:

I see some strange symbols on the map during the briefing; I guess each of them has a meaning, but I haven't been able to find it in the manual. Can someone help me?

2021_2_3__10_0_28.png

These are artillery gun positions and fortified positions (the one with the spiked half-circle)

• Upvote 1

greybeard_52
3 minutes ago, THERION said:

These are artillery gun positions and fortified positions (the one with the spiked half-circle)

Thanks!😃 Where did you get this information?🤔

1 minute ago, greybeard_52 said:

Thanks!😃 Where did you get this information?🤔

I used to be Sgt in the Swiss Mountain Infantry and led the company's commando squad, which was responsible drawing

the maps for the commander, doing recce missions and coded transmissions etc. - more than 30 years ago...

DD_Arthur
1 hour ago, THERION said:

I used to be Sgt in the Swiss Mountain Infantry and led the company's commando squad, which was responsible drawing

the maps for the commander, doing recce missions and coded transmissions etc. - more than 30 years ago...

Hey Therion! Impressed👍

I used to be a Commando but that was thirty-six years ago...

Now I’m just an old fool😃

FlyingShark
2 hours ago, THERION said:

Me too I've been wondering what they were.

Thank you for the information.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Yogiflight
3 hours ago, greybeard_52 said:

In the German Bundeswehr the sign for the fortified position would be just a machinegun in a fortified position, in game it is two heavy tanks plus one AA gun mounted on a truck.

BTW, there also is a sign similar to the one for the artillery guns just with an angle at the end of the middle line, this is the sign for an anti tank gun position.

Edited by Yogiflight
  • Upvote 1

pocketshaver

now if they were just able to make the enemy aircraft symbol not be 5 miles AWAY from the enemy aircraft.