game control confusion

kingtodd

Hi there, I hope someone can help me. I just bought this game for my Vive cosmos elite VR setup. I am really interested in the tanks. I am really confused about controls as I do not know how you can use a keyboard with a headset on. I do not have a great memory and I cannot use the keyboard if I cannot see it? Is it mandatory to know your keyboard in the dark to play this game? Can you play with a joystick only without needing the keyboard during paly? If so, what is a recommended joystick. I will need to return this game if memorization of your keyboard is manditory and that sucks because this looks like a great game

BP_Lizard

Look for a HOTAS with a twisty stick that fits your budget, like a Logitech X52 or by Thrustmaster. It has enough buttons to assign all functions. The stick could control the traverse and elevation of the main gun, the twist function to steer the tank, the throttle to move forward, reverse, and control speed. The rest of the buttons for other secondary  functions.
Having a stick and throttle is almost the bog standard.

Edited by BP_Lizard

BP_Lizard

You're very welcome. You could also use a rudder pedal (if you have one available) that you use for flight simulations  to steer instead of the twist function.

6./ZG26_Saker

I use an xbox controller, which if you don't know is bluetooth and pairs easily with windows. The only thing I don't have bound to it is start/stop engine and flares.