Sign in to follow this  
Gardimus

Some Gardimus Graffiti

Been playing around with the alpha channels and made some new skins. Most proud of the D3. 

All skins are themed off my family Coat of Arms which has black and gold with a blue strip and sword on it.Can be seen on the Dr1. Not sure which Dr1 I want to submit. 

1556580522_GardimusD3.thumb.jpg.1515dabdb7a45078bf38865a8c9f89ec.jpg

Gardimus D7.jpg

Gardimus DR1 Blue.jpg

Gardimus DR1 Black.jpg

Also made skins for my friend who sadly wants red and blue with silver. Might change the Dr1.

Omicron PD3.jpg

Omicron D7F.jpg

omicron dr1.jpg

Also updated the Camel skin based off the helicopter I fly and made another one sticking to my last theme of gold, blue and black.

Gardimus Camel Update.jpg

Gardimus Camel New.jpg

Made some historical dolphin skins as well as a personal take on it. They are from the 1st Canadian Air Force which went on to become the air wing I am part of.

CAF1 Dophin 7085.jpg

Gardimus Dolphin.jpg

Gardimus Dolphin.jpg

Some brit skins for my friends. One is based off the CH148 helicopter.

Omicron SE5.jpg

Hutch Camel.jpg

Omicron Camel.jpg

Edited by Gardimus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Camel also featuring metal added back onto the tail skid, some fixes to the alpha, and countless fixes to various weathering layers. 😉

On the silver one for your mate is the metal side panels over the engine part intended to be bare metal?

Did you catch these pieces for the coloured tails on the Camel? They are just the corners of the elevators, and corner and underside of the vertical stabiliser.

1625906551_CAMEL.psd@100(SEAPLANEDEFENCESQN(B6390)COLLISHAWRGB_8)_13_01_202116_24_56.thumb.png.dba4744d8f1c6ebdfe693d6409a166d5.png835584106_CAMEL.psd@100(SEAPLANEDEFENCESQN(B6390)COLLISHAWRGB_8)_13_01_202116_25_06.thumb.png.4e8ed3127bbe5b9d11fcfceae980a126.png1404621891_CAMEL.psd@100(SEAPLANEDEFENCESQN(B6390)COLLISHAWRGB_8)_13_01_202116_25_30.thumb.png.42976c4889ed43ca6b53237135c05eff.png

Edited by Oliver88

53 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

Camel also featuring metal added back onto the tail skid, some fixes to the alpha, and countless fixes to various weathering layers. 😉

Did my own alpha to basically let the gold pop. Would be interested in seeing your new weather layer.

On the silver one for your mate is the metal side panels over the engine part intended to be bare metal?

For the all grey one? Not really. The alpha has that part as flat but it still looks like bare metal a bit.

Did you catch these pieces for the coloured tails on the Camel? They are just the corners of the elevators, and corner and underside of the vertical stabiliser.

God damn it, no.

2 hours ago, Gardimus said:

Would be interested in seeing your new weather layer.

Thought you mentioned at the weekend that you was using my Camel template passed on from Gascan?

Because the edited weathering and etc was included in that (and some of the fixes made appear to be visible in the screenshots above that is unless you sorted them also).

It's not a new weather layer included in that template though just numerous fixes to the original one. I did intend to start with on uploading at some point for the entire community to use. But kept finding more little niggling problems and never got the template (with regards to the weathering layers) reorganised so that I considered was fit to be shared about for the entire communities consumption. Other things have gotten in the way since and to be honest have now lost the determination to do so.

Have lost track of all the various small niggling corrections that I've made since doing the Camel skins but some of the more noticeable (and even then, apart from three, most are not noticeable unless your looking closely from the viewer for problems, and just one visible on your own plane from cockpit) that I remember are;

ftr7J74.jpg

JOzkvQZ.jpg

JH88fVf.jpg

xEBTYLO.jpg

fKpAcoN.jpg

7qNBDck.jpg

2 hours ago, Gardimus said:

For the all grey one? Not really. The alpha has that part as flat but it still looks like bare metal a bit.

I was just wondering again based on you mentioning at weekend using the template I sent to Gascan. It was the 10 Squadron parts that he was wanting for his and Kotori's personal Camel schemes. So the template I sent across was just the fixed default Camel along with the 10 Squadron relevant bits. Anything else relevant to other schemes I've done was removed. So that had just the two alpha versions included, the default (but fixed) one (named Alpha 1) where the cowlings/panels are bare metal, and then one (named Alpha 2) where these are painted over instead.

Have another alpha version that has them part painted. But as that's intended on being grey paint not bare metal and your using your own alpha instead then never mind. 🙂

Edited by Oliver88

Good thing with the black and gold. Remains easier to tell you and Gascan apart from a distance in your Camels. Have trouble telling your Bristols apart. 😆

Screen shots from testing them out today. Might swap ALL blue with black on my camel. Thanks to Niiranen for making my screenshots more dramatic. 

ss3.jpg

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

9 hours ago, Oliver88 said:

Good thing with the black and gold. Remains easier to tell you and Gascan apart from a distance in your Camels. Have trouble telling your Bristols apart. 😆

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. It seems perfectly clear to me. I don't understand why anyone could be confused.

1514996249_BristolGard3.thumb.jpg.44941d20190b779627c3c9757f7ae8e3.jpg

Edit: here are a couple more historical photos just to prove my point.

647125869_BristolGard1.thumb.jpg.cee6ff0de18ac55769a88a37db947c46.jpg574923214_BristolGard2.thumb.jpg.6a033a26af608df21d73ba1543c08ba4.jpg

Edited by gascan
Photos

Meant to be bit in jest mate.

I can see the differences in those images and when up close. And when bit further away from the could also tell the difference, mainly due to the difference the dope colour, otherwise the markings that stood out on my screen the other night was the two white G’s on the wing and identical blue bands that’s all.

Lots of other schemes are going to have similar markings and look similar when flying along from a little further away and above. Meh so what.

It not a criticism of you guys personal skins, they are personal and be what you want. And after all mines just meant to look like it could be a historical 10 Squadron scheme (and would not mind seeing a virtual squadron full of them) where the only thing telling most of their planes (from the same flights) apart are serial numbers and sometimes designs on the wheels or slogans/names. Basically impossible to tell unless your next to them.

Edited by Oliver88
  • Haha 1

Dammit! Stupid internet, removing all the sarcasm from my posts... I know it was a joke, my post was also supposed to be one as well, expressing disbelief in someone's inability to notice the "obvious" differences. It's a lot easier to pull off that same line face-to-face when some student is confused because he didn't realize Kotori and I are different people and has never seen the two of us at the same time. Never though anyone but Kotori would be mistaken for me...

The first one illustrates a common answer to the question "how do you tell the difference." From the pilot's perspective, it's easy to tell who's who. I don't think I've ever mistaken Kotori for me, and it boggles my mind that other people struggle with this concept.

Edited by gascan

9 hours ago, gascan said:

Dammit! Stupid internet, removing all the sarcasm from my posts... I know it was a joke, my post was also supposed to be one as well, expressing disbelief in someone's inability to notice the "obvious" differences.

Ooops my bad then. :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Gardimus said:

Screen shots from testing them out today. Might swap ALL blue with black on my camel. Thanks to Niiranen for making my screenshots more dramatic. 

ss3.jpg

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

Though I gather was not a willing participant for your screens. 😉

The gold and black stripes makes me think of bees. Quite apt. The Camel does seem to buzz around. An angry buzzing bee.

Edited by Oliver88

Lookin' good. Distinct, with plenty of bling. 🤑 Doesn't the gold make it heavier in the air?

Is the blue on the rudder also changed to black? Something kind of Germanic about it not sure what. 😄

Considered outlining the G to make stand out more? Like was done with the cockades?

48 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

Considered outlining the G to make stand out more

I agree with this, maybe a white out line. 

21 hours ago, gascan said:

Lookin' good. Distinct, with plenty of bling. 🤑 Doesn't the gold make it heavier in the air?

Flies just fine with all the gold. 

wonder-woman-1984-golden-eagle-armor-explained.jpg